THE BROWNS BOARD

OOOOOPSIE!

Axe

PSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.

I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.

can never say never, but if OSU wins out and PSU wins out. OSU will have a better record against a tougher schedule. Plus the committee is supposed to take the 4 best teams. I don't care if PSU beat OSU. Everyone knows OSU is a better team then PSU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

colorado i believe is not a top 20 team guess i'll find out in the next few weeks if they belong or not they have home games vs the cougers and the utes,so for them i guess there is allready room for celebration being that this will be their first winning season since 2004,which i am sure that is what michigan was banking on when they scheduled them

oh and as far as the occ you claim to be so much better than OSU do you ever look at whet level of competition these other teams played ? of course you hav'nt

You have a terrible time with reading comprehension, huh? You'd fit in well over on the political board.

Please tell me where I claimed Michigan's OOC was "so much better" than OSUs.

I'll wait.

can never say never, but if OSU wins out and PSU wins out. OSU will have a better record against a tougher schedule. Plus the committee is supposed to take the 4 best teams. I don't care if PSU beat OSU. Everyone knows OSU is a better team then PSU

Then they should have beaten them.

And remember, PSU will get one more game to play than OSU.

LT and CB. QB might be hurt now.

Ok so not that beat up and only 9-1. The schedule is not that difficult. MSU sucks this year. Haven't played OSU yet. Colorado's had a nice year but come on. They'd have a losing record in 2 or 3 other conferences.

The only nice wins are PSU and Wisconsin. Solid wins, to be sure. But when the rest of the schedule is tougher, it just tests your depth so much.

Also, I told some friends during the Michigan-Rutgers game that this ridiculous amount of attention to detail and try-hard in OOC games is going to make them lose a random game they shouldn't. Even Saban has had a ton of cupcake games where they came out slow. I think he talked last year about how a few years back Georgia State came in their house and "ran on us like s**t through a tin horn, man."

No team can dominate every team on the schedule from start to finish. You're gonna have to look sloppy and win a tight game or two and/or only beat your cupcakes by 20 points.

Obviously you can't tell your team to play badly and I don't expect Harbaugh to but I think there's a culture of expectation that is a good thing, but can hurt you in situations like these. It's ok to give up a first down.

I agree with you Woody that it's going to get complicated if we have an 11-2 PSU with an OSU win and an 11-1 OSU team. OSU should get the nod. I'm a big fan of the eye test myself (and not much of a fan of PSU), but the committee will get tarred and feathered if they use that as a rationale.

Ok so not that beat up and only 9-1. The schedule is not that difficult. MSU sucks this year. Haven't played OSU yet. Colorado's had a nice year but come on. They'd have a losing record in 2 or 3 other conferences.

The only nice wins are PSU and Wisconsin. Solid wins, to be sure. But when the rest of the schedule is tougher, it just tests your depth so much.

Also, I told some friends during the Michigan-Rutgers game that this ridiculous amount of attention to detail and try-hard in OOC games is going to make them lose a random game they shouldn't. Even Saban has had a ton of cupcake games where they came out slow. I think he talked last year about how a few years back Georgia State came in their house and "ran on us like s**t through a tin horn, man."

No team can dominate every team on the schedule from start to finish. You're gonna have to look sloppy and win a tight game or two and/or only beat your cupcakes by 20 points.

Obviously you can't tell your team to play badly and I don't expect Harbaugh to but I think there's a culture of expectation that is a good thing, but can hurt you in situations like these. It's ok to give up a first down.

If you look at a win against the current #12 team in the country, and decide it's actually not a good win, then yeah, that hurts our SOS.....

If you look at a win against the current #12 team in the country, and decide it's actually not a good win, then yeah, that hurts our SOS.....

No, the Colorado win was a good win. They can still actually win the Pac 12. But they have two tough games ahead of them.

If the Pac 12 title game were held right now it would be Colorado vs. Washington St. But those 2 actually play this week. Plus Colorado has a tough game vs. Utah. Both of those games though will be played in Boulder.

With Washington's loss, the Pac 12 title is wide open at this point.

Washington, Washington St. Colorado, USC and Utah are all still in the running to meet in the title game and to win it.

But, as interesting as things are out there.....I still say it is odds on favorite that the Pac 12 will not get a team into the Field of Four.

You think either Rutgers or Mich. St. will beat them? MSU, maybe...but that is a home game for PSU.

penn state already has 2 losses

I just read on ESPN that the closest a 2 loss team made the playoffs was last year. Stanford had 2 losses, they WON the PAC 12 title and only finished 6th in the poll

No way a 1 loss OSU team finishes outside the top 4. Regardless of what PSU or Wisconsin does

You have a terrible time with reading comprehension, huh? You'd fit in well over on the political board.

Please tell me where I claimed Michigan's OOC was "so much better" than OSUs.

I'll wait.

Michigan's OOC schedule has more wins than OSUs.(a quote from you)

Does that mean it's better? No.

The point was you were calling Michigan's OOC schedule trash. But in reality, it's damn near identical to OSUs. Maybe slightly worse because you had OU on the road.

So if you're calling Michigan's trash, OSU's is pretty bad as well.

Does that mean it's better? No.

wow you sure do flip flop,again that was the basis of your argument,which now you have none zero nadda go back to youre fichigan board and circle jerk with your pals about how much you love harboughs schlong

You have no idea what the basis of my argument was because you can't even form one of your own.

wow thats pretty hard hitting you sure did put me in my place,so try again there and see if you can come up with something new,you said that fichigans ooc was better than OSU then say it doesn't matter ? o.k zippy

A few points

- Michigan has only been under 32 twice. Iowa and Wisconsin. (14 and 13).

- We missed 3 FGs against Wisconsin (but seem to be passed that issue)

- Iowa was a terrible offensive performance. No sugar coating that. Our QB git hurt in the second half, but we sucked before that.

- We do actually play a lot of backups in those blowouts. We don't go full Tresselball, but we aren't trying to run it up either.

You don't get half points for missing field goals

wow thats pretty hard hitting you sure did put me in my place,so try again there and see if you can come up with something new,you said that fichigans ooc was better than OSU then say it doesn't matter ? o.k zippy

I never said it was better. "More wins" doesn't mean better. The point was to show you they're very close. If you think Michigan's is trash, OSU's isn't very good either. That's the point.

Shit you're dense

I think the OSU and Michigan's non-conf. schedules are pretty even:

OSU beat an 8-2 Oklahoma from the B-12, Mich beat an 8-2 Colorado from the P-12

OSU beat a 7-3 Tulsa from the Mountain West. Mich beat a 4-7 Hawaii from the Mountain West.

OSU beat a 3-8 BGSU from the MAC. Mich beat a 6-4 UCF from the AAC.

OSU probably played the weakest opponent in Bowling Green, but Tulsa is better than either Hawaii or UCF.

Pretty even.

We also outgained them by about 200 yards I think.

I'm just giving counterpoints to your comment about Michigan's offense

And those yards failed to materialize into points. This lends credence to my observation that Michigan's offense crumbles a bit under pressure. This isn't an attack on meat chicken, I've been suitably impressed with them thus far, just not overly impressed.

Archived