THE BROWNS BOARD

Name that Brown...

Mudfly

Probably not worth a thread, but I learned some cool facts today and wondered if anyone else knew this.......so here is my one question....(guesses only, no cheating).....

One Browns player is a very gifted 3 sport athlete, to the point of being the best in his state at all 3....plus!

1) As a senior in HS, he won the Honor of Mr. Baseball, being named the #1 player in his state AND he was also drafted that same year by the Florida Marlins....

2) He also played in an advanced "private" advanced basketball league and was also named the #1 player in the entire league....(loaded with talent).

3) He played both offense and defense on his HS football team and won state honors as the #1 Offensive player in the state AND the #1 defensive player in the state......

So, he was #1 player in his state at Baseball - basketball - and football(both O and D).....thats 4 #1's

Other bits include scoring a whopping 123 TD's in 3 yrs of HS ball and earning consensus ALL- American honors on defense in college, while racking up 1100 all purpose yards.......

Can you name him?

Are his initials Terrell Pryor?

nope....

Big hint....was an awesome QB in HS.......and led his NCAA conference in interceptions 2 years running.....grabbing an impressive 18 interceptions in his 3 yrs of college ball......

After much thought, a bit of research, and senseless agony, because

it's raining and I'm takin the day off from farm work.....

Jordan Poyer.

Do I get a "NO" buzzer/red x like on "America's Got Talent" ?

After much thought, a bit of research, and senseless agony, because

it's raining and I'm takin the day off from farm work.....

Jordan Poyer.

Do I get a "NO" buzzer/red x like on "America's Got Talent" ?

Ha!....you got it.....and no red X buzzer....

Thought it was pretty impressive stuff...and admit I didnt think about it much when the coaches were really talking him up this spring.....but, now, gotta think he has some serious upside we maybe didnt realize was there....

Another interesting Poyer fact....He was a consensus all american CB just a few years ago.....and the other corner on that team was Ekpre-Olomu.....

That's amazing. That I actually got it, LOL, and Poyer being that athletic.

Very impressive. I actually was looking up Brian Sipe, Manziel, Joe Haden,

and Bernie Kosar, Xavier Cooper (played soccer)...and a few other previous Browns.., too.

Okay, mentioning Bernie Kosar was just funny - I made that up.

Poyer-- While back he was on a radio show on fox sports around NFL Combine time. Said when he was their a few years back the wildest questions that one of the teams ask him, "What was his thoughts of a interracial relationship and had he ever been involved in one? Poyer's response was "It is the Best thing that ever happened to him." Would not name the team or staff.

Pro athletes are amazing and so gifted physically, so they often excel at many sports. I knew a CB who was a professional volleyball player. And I've heard that Mario Lemieux in his prime easily beat many players on the pro-golf tour.

Probably not worth a thread, but I learned some cool facts today and wondered if anyone else knew this.......so here is my one question....(guesses only, no cheating).....

One Browns player is a very gifted 3 sport athlete, to the point of being the best in his state at all 3....plus!

1) As a senior in HS, he won the Honor of Mr. Baseball, being named the #1 player in his state AND he was also drafted that same year by the Florida Marlins....

2) He also played in an advanced "private" advanced basketball league and was also named the #1 player in the entire league....(loaded with talent).

3) He played both offense and defense on his HS football team and won state honors as the #1 Offensive player in the state AND the #1 defensive player in the state......

So, he was #1 player in his state at Baseball - basketball - and football(both O and D).....thats 4 #1's

Other bits include scoring a whopping 123 TD's in 3 yrs of HS ball and earning consensus ALL- American honors on defense in college, while racking up 1100 all purpose yards.......

Can you name him?

Josh McCown.

Archived