THE BROWNS BOARD

Moving along

The Gipper

OK, so, can we put last week's debacle behind us? The season isn't over yet, and the Browns are not officially eliminated from the playoff race. If they could finish 9-7 then they could have an outside shot.

Of course that means that at least one of either Pitt or Balt would have to lose both of their last two games.....one being the Browns beating the flying skunks.

What else would have to happen?

And we have a game against a fairly nondescript opponent.....one that may even be losing its best player......and has that been decided yet?

And if he doesn't play then the Browns will probably be facing the architect of their last biggest playoff run disappointment: Derek Anderson. Mr. hot and cold.

He had enough last week to eke out a win vs. the terrible TB Bucs.

25/40 for 277 yards and 1 TD, no ints.

But we have seen him do that before. And we have seen him do 4 Ints before. Hopefully he will have a 4 Int. game in him again.

Of course, note that he was playing another backup QB talent in Josh McCown.

What is with all these backup at best talented QBs given starting slots.

I mean, I think Hoyer is probably essentially a career backup along with every other single QB we have had since 1999. (or at least some starters were backup caliber by the time they came here: Dilfer/Garcia/Delhomme).

Who knows, maybe with one game under his belt JFF will now have a better feel for the game....and play better.

And who knows about the Browns. After the last disaster game for them this year.....Jax....they came out and won 3 in a row.

Is our defense on strike or something? Where were they Sunday? Did they just give up knowing they're not going to the playoffs? I'd replace any player who isn't giving his best effort. To hell with excuses! There's a draft in April and free agency coming soon. Is Bernie Kosar right in what he says about a losing culture and an inept front office? Mike Pettine is a bright spot going ahead in the future but I cannot understand why they are not pounding the ball with Crowell. How many touches did he have?

Don't count on a win this Sunday unless they run, run, run! Let Manziel hand the ball off like most rookies should do. He can improvise when a play breaks down.

PS I hope Cam Newton plays because he has no touch on the ball. Kelvin Benjamin is much better when Anderson plays. Newton tends to drill the ball unnecessarily and this has added to dropped passes.

PS I hope Cam Newton plays because he has no touch on the ball. Kelvin Benjamin is much better when Anderson plays. Newton tends to drill the ball unnecessarily and this has added to dropped passes.

That is a highly bizarre statement....as it was well known here that it was DA who had no touch on the ball. He would throw fastballs on screen passes that needed touch. Most of his passes were not thrown with precision, just power. And he would try to throw those fastballs into the teeth of double/triple coverage.

Didn't say Anderson was Johnny Unitas. In the two games he's played he's got a rating of 105.2 with 5 TDs. For whatever reason, Newton has looked awful at times. When he needs to put touch on the ball he's been drilling it. Take it from a person that lives in NFC South country.

Didn't say Anderson was Johnny Unitas. In the two games he's played he's got a rating of 105.2 with 5 TDs. For whatever reason, Newton has looked awful at times. When he needs to put touch on the ball he's been drilling it. Take it from a person that lives in NFC South country.

Newton has looked pretty bad.

Only saw 1 panthers game this year, talk about regressing footwork and pocket prescence. He just didn't look into it either, and I'm a cam fan.

And Anderson has the talent to get it anywhere on the field, just didn't have some of the other things when he was here.

You've probably heard me say it but being in Panther country I'm watching most of the games closer. It's been really obvious to me this year that Cam just isn't 100%. I'm not sure if he came back from that rib thing too soon or what, but he just is a 1/2 step behind his usual style of play. His best games of the season are clearly the ones where they get him involved running the ball though. However, this gets him banged up for the following week and he plays mediocre. Also, although Benjamin and Olsen are good players they've been running a lot of young or has-been guys at WR and the RB core is never healthy.

Back to the point though, I do hope Newton plays actually because he won't be 100% and I'm confident they won't have him on runs a lot. When he's second guessing running/breaking the pocket he takes sacks, and a lot of them. I was glad he got out of that car wreck though cause it looked pretty bad.

I want the entire Browns team to "Play Like A Brown" these last two weeks. I don't think that's too much to ask. What the other teams do does not matter. I want to see who wants to be a part of the future that needs to happen and who is just "running out the string". If that's how any one of them plays then don't let the screen door hit them in the ass on their way out.

I want the entire Browns team to "Play Like A Brown" these last two weeks. I don't think that's too much to ask. What the other teams do does not matter. I want to see who wants to be a part of the future that needs to happen and who is just "running out the string". If that's how any one of them plays then don't let the screen door hit them in the ass on their way out.

Unfortunately 'playing like a Brown' in recent years is losing.

I want to see who wants to be a part of the future that needs to happen and who is just "running out the string". If that's how any one of them plays then don't let the screen door hit them in the ass on their way out.

So, if Im hearing you right, anyone who plays poorly the last 2 games should be shown the door? Shouldn't people, who wanted to be part of the "future", have started working hard sooner than week 13?

And what if it's Johnny who stinks?...do we show him the door?

Or do we excuse him and just blame his poor play on the team and coaches....you know, give him a pass cause he's Johnny?

And thats a real question.

And Anderson has the talent to get it anywhere on the field, just didn't have some of the other things when he was here.

He was a one-read wonder... for a year. Will be interesting seeing him Sunday.

And what if it's Johnny who stinks?...do we show him the door?

And thats a real question.

Seconded... Ag?

I don't think cam will play. he messed himself up pretty good with broken bones in his neck...or was it his back? either way I see Carolina managing cams injuries as da gets back to living the dream. he (cam) could play if they somehow reach the playoffs. just throwing it out there.

jff needs to purge the memories of last weeks goat fuck. Sunday's game could be the most important he has played in his collegiate and pro careeer

I'm anxious to see salvation this week.

Read this and thought of Santa standing on our sideline next to a little red kettle ringing a bell...

The Repository's Steve Doershuk tweeted this afternoon:

Alex Mack in locker room, saying he can walk w/out the heavy boot on his left foot. "Just not very fast". Recovering as he had hoped.

https://twitter.com/sdoerschukrep/status/545670263984373761

My mind is a twisted canvas...

The Repository's Steve Doershuk tweeted this afternoon:

Alex Mack in locker room, saying he can walk w/out the heavy boot on his left foot. "Just not very fast". Recovering as he had hoped.

https://twitter.com/sdoerschukrep/status/545670263984373761

Great news...

Archived