THE BROWNS BOARD

Opinion Survey 12/16/14

The Gipper

I think he's referring to the HOF awards part of it. Which I'm pretty much the same. I used to watch the Oscars, but then I realized why do I care about this stuff? I'm not a musician or an actor, nor do I have friends or family in those businesses.

Well, I have friends in both those businesses.....so there it is.

1. The Chicago game during the Mangini era had to be close - It looked like the team quit on Mangini at that point. At halftime, the TV show showed a very pissed off Randy Lerner heading into the locker room. Only time I ever say anything on the dudes face.

2. Atlanta, Chicago, maybe SanFran

3. A Christmas Story

4. The Obama Voter Show, although they keep redeeming themselves

5. Green Day, Joan Jett, Stevie Ray Vaughn are deserving. Don't care about the rest. IMO, Lou Reed was one song.

1. Can you remember the Browns playing a worse game than Sunday. If so, what game?

To me 30-0 is the worst score that you can lose by. Because I associate it with a humiliating loss in my childhood.

1972, I was 8 years old. The Browns and Steelers were both 8-3 and tied for First Place. The Steelers were the young up and coming team, the Browns were trying to hold on to faded glory. I lived in Steeler country. All of my family, my friends, my schoolmates ... all Steeler fans. It was me against the world. And the Steelers spanked the Browns 30-0. I remember sitting there red-faced, watching the TV screen, not believing my eyes. 30-0. The abuse I took that week just made me more of a Browns fan. But whenever I fantasize about beating a team so soundly that nothing can be questioned ... the score in my fantasy is 30-0.

Have there been worse? Ya, Opening game 99. Also, I once sat in Jacksonville, freezing my ass off the week Spergon Wynn made his start for the Browns. We did nothng. Looked helpless just like Sunday. Lost 41-0 or 48-0, something like that. I also remember a playoff game when I was even younger, against the Vikings when we lost 51-3. I still remember Fred Cox of the Vikings kicking off every five minutes. I think that one traumatized me as well.

2. Which NFL coaches deserve to be fired at the end of the year.....or will be even if they don't deserve it.?

I think Philbin is done in Miami, Smith in Atlanta, Rex is NY, Chicago is probably going to reboot ... I'm sure there are others, but hose come quickly to mind.

3. The question always asked this time of Year: What is your favorite Christmas movie?

It's a Wonderful Life

4. Which TV shows do you think have jumped the shark at this point?

I really don't watch TV shows but If I have to name one ... Castle. Castle has jumped the shark.

5. What is your opinion of this year's list of Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Inductees, those being Green Day, Bill Withers, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lou Reed, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band.

All very worthy.

i think that 51-3 loss to the vikes was not a playoff game...i remember it well....lived in allentown pa at the time...nfl games back then only showed scores when they occured. not like today where they keep scrolling them during the game you are watching...but it seemed like every 2 minutes they would be showing that score with the vikes scoring..it was in a snow storm...however we did lose a playoff game to the vikes that same yr...it was the nfl championship game...we lost 27-7 me thinks....

1. Can you remember the Browns playing a worse game than Sunday. If so, what game?
Tom Matte's 3 TD game against us in the Colts 34-0 blasting of us at home... in the '68 Conference Championship game.

2. Which NFL coaches deserve to be fired at the end of the year.....or will be even if they don't deserve it.?
Rex Ryan, Mark Trestman, Mike Smith... all for sure.
Couple more are close calls, e.g., Sporano.

3. The question always asked this time of Year: What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Vacation...

4. Which TV shows do you think have jumped the shark at this point?
Happy Days? Sorry, not sure what you are going for here...

5. What is your opinion of this year's list of Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Inductees, those being Green Day, Bill Withers, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lou Reed, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band.
Overdue for Withers, SRV, and Lou.
Green Day and Jett are jokes...
I like Butterfield, but not really HOF worthy.. close, but no...

BTW, lets not hi-jack Gippers thread.

Gip doesn't mind... do ya Gip?

Defense got you to 7-7. I guess i am more forgiving of a rookie qb making his first start than i am with a defense that has been the backbone of the team.

Backbone? Que?

Backbone-like Defensive efforts: PTG II, CIN I, IND... that's 3 of 14 outings.

Backbone my ass...

Archived