THE BROWNS BOARD

Deep Thoughts ... By Berniedenslow

berniedenslow

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have your own manual on "How to Post On Forums?" Can you share a copy with all of us?

This thread brings nothing relevant to the Browns Forum and are almost always started as a "we should have drafted this guy!". I was simply pointing out that the stat itself is clear as day to see through as short-sighted and unimportant to the Cleveland Browns and anyone outside of Minnesota. It's not hard to deduce that by yourself. To say they "struck gold" from a guy who broke a record of 2,000 yards in a season is just laughable.

This thread brings nothing relevant to the Browns Forum and are almost always started as a "we should have drafted this guy!". I was simply pointing out that the stat itself is clear as day to see through as short-sighted and unimportant to the Cleveland Browns and anyone outside of Minnesota. It's not hard to deduce that by yourself. To say they "struck gold" from a guy who broke a record of 2,000 yards in a season is just laughable.

I said "might have struck gold." I've been following the NFL since 1969 and the only surprises in the NFL are NO surprise. I count on nothing.

I think Bridgewater will be solid, and the vikings will become relevant fairly soon if they hit on the next couple drafts.

Bridgewater hasn't had the greatest rookie year, despite the franchise record, but he's been solid. Turner is good at grooming young QBs and Zimmer is a good coach.

I think Bridgewater will be solid, and the vikings will become relevant fairly soon if they hit on the next couple drafts.

Bridgewater hasn't had the greatest rookie year, despite the franchise record, but he's been solid. Turner is good at grooming young QBs and Zimmer is a good coach.

I think he could have a solid, albeit quiet career like a Phil Rivers. Bongwater's had a torn up team around him all year too, and for some reason Minnesota won't put the ball in Cordarrell Patterson's hands. I'll never get that one.

I'll lose tons of sleep now knowing you don't care. What, we're only allowed to talk about one team here?

We can talk about anything we want. You may only talk about the Browns, and only in existing threads, because you are too stupid to know how to write a headline.

Zombo

I absolutely DO take into consideration all the injuries to the O-Line, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the two rookies who did so well earlier this year when the whole team was. I think they have the potential if and when the O-Line gets healthy and set. Any draft ideas? I'd love to see Wisconsin's Gordon in Brown and Orange. Or do with stick with what we got when the next season starts with (hopefully) a healthy O-Line.

I wish we had Bridgewater too. He looks like a real QB and a potential star in this league.

That's my hope, and he WAS thrown to the dogs this year with a patched up team mostly. I kind of put him in the Hoyer-Manziel catagory "wondering what could have been" without all the injuries around them. One thing that's odd about following the Browns and the Vikings is how similiar their fates seem to match (injuries, records, bad luck).

I absolutely DO take into consideration all the injuries to the O-Line, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the two rookies who did so well earlier this year when the whole team was. I think they have the potential if and when the O-Line gets healthy and set. Any draft ideas? I'd love to see Wisconsin's Gordon in Brown and Orange. Or do with stick with what we got when the next season starts with (hopefully) a healthy O-Line.

If this sentence was true, there would be no use for this thread.

edit: Whom is the other rookie on the Oline?

Typed that sentence in a hurry - my error. I meant in relation to the two rookie RB's we have. They were playing well before the O-Line was struck - losing Mack was major. So I was actually refering to the running backs (rookies), accounting of course for the departure of Tate.

Typed that sentence in a hurry - my error. I meant in relation to the two rookie RB's we have. They were playing well before the O-Line was struck - losing Mack was major. So I was actually refering to the running backs (rookies), accounting of course for the departure of Tate.

They're rookies. Good line play and good RB play go hand in hand. Emmitt Smith isn't Emmitt without the Cowboys dominant Oline. Can't expect to be an effective runner with a NT in your lap while still in the backfield.

Tiamat, do you read Zacheriah Sitchen?

Bernie means West and Crowell. I'm not sold on West but we haven't seen enough of Crowell. With all our losing seasons and draft picks you'd think we'd have a Le'Veon Bell, JJ Watt or somebody. Thank God they got it right trading T Rich. But got it wrong in the draft. It will be different in April

Rookie backs are both good backs, and fine options.

Healthy Mack and depth will go a long way, but it'd be nice to get guys who can get to the next level and not whiff on the right side, or pull successfully. Greco seems he isn't a very good pulling guard.

That's my hope, and he WAS thrown to the dogs this year with a patched up team mostly. I kind of put him in the Hoyer-Manziel catagory "wondering what could have been" without all the injuries around them. One thing that's odd about following the Browns and the Vikings is how similiar their fates seem to match (injuries, records, bad luck).

He's thrown for a few 300 yard games and anyone seen his completion % the past few games. He's gotten better as the season progresses.

71.4% vs Panthers

70.4% vs Jets

75.6% vs Lions :o - It was the highest completion percentage in a game for a rookie quarterback with at least 40 attempts in NFL history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301187-teddy-bridgewater-vikings-right-on-track-with-developing-young-qb

"From Week 9 on, Bridgewater has the third-best accuracy percentage under pressure out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus premium. He clearly has a knack for operating in the tight confines of a pocket and has even grown in that regard."

Tiamat, do you read Zacheriah Sitchen?

Bernie means West and Crowell. I'm not sold on West but we haven't seen enough of Crowell. With all our losing seasons and draft picks you'd think we'd have a Le'Veon Bell, JJ Watt or somebody. Thank God they got it right trading T Rich. But got it wrong in the draft. It will be different in April

I can't tell if the bold is a pick up line?

Also, aside from Manziel - I'd say Farmers first draft and following UDFA period were a complete home run.

And why didn't we get him?

Because we never embraced him. He didn't want to be here because of our approach during draft day. Our organization is run by a bunch of morons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926184/teddy-bridgewater-says-want-play-cleveland-browns

"Asked whether there was a possibility that he might have been picked by Cleveland, Bridgewater said: "There was a chance, but I actually told my agent that's not the place where I wanted to be. Throughout this entire process I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. Every visit that I had with the team, you know, there was a family environment and the players, great guys. A great group of guys. So I felt comfortable wanting to play here.""

They're rookies. Good line play and good RB play go hand in hand. Emmitt Smith isn't Emmitt without the Cowboys dominant Oline. Can't expect to be an effective runner with a NT in your lap while still in the backfield.

You think they'll pan out with a good O-line or we need to get a Gordon-type draft pick?

And why didn't we get him?

Because we never embraced him. He didn't want to be here because of our approach during draft day. Our organization is run by a bunch of morons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926184/teddy-bridgewater-says-want-play-cleveland-browns

"Asked whether there was a possibility that he might have been picked by Cleveland, Bridgewater said: "There was a chance, but I actually told my agent that's not the place where I wanted to be. Throughout this entire process I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. Every visit that I had with the team, you know, there was a family environment and the players, great guys. A great group of guys. So I felt comfortable wanting to play here.""

I was hoping one of my teams got him so at least he's a Viking. Thanks for the quote - never seen that one!

Archived