THE BROWNS BOARD

Jay Cutler

WinstonLegthigh

I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!

Still don't think it's a bust, but wish buffalo won less.

Gilbert looks like he'll be a good CB talent, the Desir sighting was positive what we saw Sunday, bitonio is basically on a pro bowl level his rookie year, kirksey is a steadily improving good ILB, west is good.

Not to mention the udfa and getting buffalos pick next year. Namely k'wuan Williams and crowell as udfa.

Basically we got 5/5 guys who are/could be good-decent looking starters and solid depth and rotational guys in Desir and Kirksey - who may turn into more (albeit Desir only played due to injury in a deep backfield), 1 sure fire future pro bowler, a 1st next year and johnny manziel...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

Anyway, thoughts?

No, no, and NO. You'd be getting a bum at Peyton Manning money. His contract is a cap killer. He had(s) Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, and Matt Forte for skill position- and his record is?

I agree with all of that. Just know if you hear a faint "we want Anderson back" chant it's the 25 year old dude in a Browns Santa hat starting it.

I have duly noted the return of Lumburgh- DAs #1 fan.

OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

Anyway, thoughts?

Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

I think the difference is that "Mr. Lennon" was proposing a possible QB solution for the Browns, whilst your post had zero to do with the Browns.

And, oh yeah, this is a BROWNS discussion board.

See the difference now?

I think the difference is that "Mr. Lennon" was proposing a possible QB solution for the Browns, whilst your post had zero to do with the Browns.

And, oh yeah, this is a BROWNS discussion board.

See the difference now?

How much is the membership fee?

No shit he was talking about Cutthroat as the Browns new QB - I wish I would have thought of that!

Still don't think it's a bust, but wish buffalo won less.

Absolutely agree, in total 2014 was nowhere near a bust. TR + Wheezy? Now THAT'S a BUST...

While I agree Bito will improve, perhaps even to Pro Bowl level, it's fair to say that the loss of Mack and the long season have taken their toll. His recent games are not at the level of those he posted coming out of the gate.

And Harvey is about 68..... B)

6'8? Man... that's Ostweiller territory...

I bet it hurts to be so stupid

Scientific fact: There is a degree of stupid at which pain is no longer felt... the nervous system is too underdeveloped.

1. I don't make stupid nicknanes that make no sense

2. I was talking about him as a possible option at qb (although now knowing about his huge contract I would never want him. I thought maybe we could get him for cheap.)

3. I also caught hell in some sense, being that it would be dumb to get him. You caught hell cause who the hell cares about the vikings and some meaningless record by their rookie qb. Its a browns board buddy, go post that on a viking board.

4. You also start way too many meaningless threads.

Most Anderson speculated on NFL Insiders this afternoon, that the Browns might be interested in Cutler as Daddy Shanny was a huge fan and wanted him in WSH. So if kyle is his father's son...

I did throw up in my mouth just a little...

Most Anderson speculated on NFL Insiders this afternoon, that the Browns might be interested in Cutler as Daddy Shanny was a huge fan and wanted him in WSH. So if kyle is his father's son...

I did throw up in my mouth just a little...

I'm telling you I think cutler is a good qb, with the right team he can go far. Problem is that contract, isn't he still supposed to be the highest paid offensive player in the league for the next year or two?

Help me guys, cause I dont even get this. If he's under contract, then wouldn't we have to TRADE for him?

I dont even think he's worth it flat out....and POSITIVELY wouldn't want to "give something up" AND absorb an outrageously stupid contract.

Maybe if the Bears gave him to us for free AND carried 1/2 his contract, which is close to 17m next year.....mayyyyybe then..........then again, still no.

I have a feeling the Bears will be parting with him so I don't think a trade would be involved.

you mean they may cut him?....if so, then that would mean no contract either....which brings him into range price wise.....at least talkin range

Uh....no?

I'm saying that the three 4 is supposedly a better defense for stopping the run just by its design. And I am saying that makes it even shittier that we can't stop the run at all.

sorry if I wasn't clear.

WSS

does it matter that the 2 players out of the 3 were/are hurt?

Clausen starting Sunday. Biggest young douche- him, Griffin or Manziel?

Answer, all of the above. Throw in Matt Ryan, who brought his shitty, unjustified nickname into the NFL. Add Andy Dalton, the man with a face even more punchable than Matty Ice. This is a top 5 under age 30. A playoff based evaluation mixed with knee-jerk hatred.

Archived