THE BROWNS BOARD

time to start the draft talk you Blunts.

Clevfan4life

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is usually happening by Halloween but better late than never you faggots. Let's start this...what do you fucks think we need and who do you want? Any QB though and I nominate we chuck that guy out the window.

O-Line, D-Line and ILB in the order of best skilled player available at the time

O-Line, D-Line and ILB in the order of best skilled player available at the time

WR is TOP of the list

No one on this team can catch the ball

WR is TOP of the list

No one on this team can catch the ball

I totally agree we need a #1 just not sure he's in the draft this year. Last year was the year to get a WR. You have to acknowledge that stopping the run next year is priority number one. We'd be at the top of the division with a couple extra early season wins when the offense was playing well but our defense shit the bed, cause every scrublord that we played ran for 100 yds or more for the better part of the season. THis thread might actually be more valid once we know where we'll be drafting and the seasons over giving us time to take a better look at who's coming out. But today was just so annoying I felt we needed to start this early.

Since Bosa won't be coming out this year I can scratch him off my wishlist. I would have contemplated giving up both 1st round picks to move up and get him this year. Since he's not, that makes Perryman "right now" my choice for one of our 1st round picks. We need to draft an ILB'er with a rap sheet and since he's from Miami, good chance he has one. Deal!!! I want a guy who's a suspect in at least 3 drug related shootings. Someone every team, no matter what our record is.....say's "oh shit we're playing that guy next week".

I totally agree we need a #1 just not sure he's in the draft this year. Last year was the year to get a WR. You have to acknowledge that stopping the run next year is priority number one. We'd be at the top of the division with a couple extra early season wins when the offense was playing well but our defense shit the bed, cause every scrublord that we played ran for 100 yds or more for the better part of the season. THis thread might actually be more valid once we know where we'll be drafting and the seasons over giving us time to take a better look at who's coming out. But today was just so annoying I felt we needed to start this early.

Since Bosa won't be coming out this year I can scratch him off my wishlist. I would have contemplated giving up both 1st round picks to move up and get him this year. Since he's not, that makes Perryman "right now" my choice for one of our 1st round picks. We need to draft an ILB'er with a rap sheet and since he's from Miami, good chance he has one. Deal!!! I want a guy who's a suspect in at least 3 drug related shootings. Someone every team, no matter what our record is.....say's "oh shit we're playing that guy next week".

we have been trying to stop the run for 16 years.

We have drafted LB's, DE's, NT's and it hasn't worked.

We have signed safeties, drafted cb's and it is NOT working.

244 yards to the bungles..............is on the coaches.

we have been trying to stop the run for 16 years.

We have drafted LB's, DE's, NT's and it hasn't worked.

We have signed safeties, drafted cb's and it is NOT working.

244 yards to the bungles..............is on the coaches.

can't disagree entirely..this years run D has to at least be somewhat on the scheme. In defense of the coaches though, they inherited players that were tailored to a different scheme. I'd rather let the coaches draft and sign players to their scheme for 3-4 years than to keep the current players and keep hiring new staff in hopes they can work with the current group. That's not how the NFL works. Every good coach knows the kind of palyers he wants at every position down to their ideal size and weight for his scheme. Like I'm not 100% sure Pettine drafts/signs Sheard or Kruger to be his OLB'ers. Maybe Kruger would be Pettine's hybrid guy I dunno. I just really don't like this defense and it seems like it's different than what Pettine ran in Buffalo.

We need to draft pieces to help JF out. Period.

Let's get him an All Pro WR, a Pro Bowl TE and a HOF Left tackle.

Oh wait ... already got those. Let's get him a little periscope so he can see what is going on above the linemen's heads.

Zombo

Let's get him an All Pro WR, a Pro Bowl TE and a HOF Left tackle.

Oh wait ... already got those. Let's get him a little periscope so he can see what is going on above the linemen's heads.

Zombo

Clearly, yesterday was a Disaster with a capital "D"

Just curious, though, about the size, mobility of JF vs. let's say, Russell Wilson?

Although I am more of a casual observer than a true fan any more, I get overly tired about all the lamenting over the OL. Sheesh...........this has been a problem from Day 1 A.M. (after Model). Other organizations have built and rebuilt solid OLs several times since 1999. The Browns, apparently, cant even get ONE, even though there are 2 PBers there.

I let JF run the string as there is no reason NOT to at this point. Then give him a very rigorous off-season training.

If he stinks, he stinks and the FA screwed up another opportunity. Richardson vs. Manzel? Maybe the jury is still out.

Let's see what happens the next two weeks.

....you guys remember when the team was winning and there were pundits picking the Browns to take the AFCN? That was when the Browns Oline was kicking ass and taking names. Mack broke his leg, and that sucks but you guys make it sound like it's the year 2000 and we need to blow the whole O-line up....no we just need to get Mack back. Maybe spend one pick beefing up the O-line or let Farmer find a K'wuan Williams or Isaiah Crowell of the O-line, but this unit will be fine.

Clearly, yesterday was a Disaster with a capital "D"

Just curious, though, about the size, mobility of JF vs. let's say, Russell Wilson?

Wilson is just damn smart and poised. One is suited to be a college QB and one is suited to be an NFL stud. We got the college guy. Manziel plays small. Yesterday he played tiny. I thought a lineman was going to hold him up by his little pants with his arms and legs flailing. Like the cartoons. Except it is our personal hell.

On one sack the lineman just grabbed the midget with one paw and then Johnny's little tiny shoes tripped over the guys other hand.

Zombo

yes we need to get mack back plus a back up in case he get's injured again. i could name 3 positions on the OL i would draft. then there's the DLine. how'd we look without taylor. we need another DL and a NT. then start with LBs.

you have to wonder now though if they'll cash in a bunch of chips for a roll at a QB. WR is no the priority. if the OL could open up holes for the running game the receivers would be just fine.

wasn't hawkins leading every receiver in the league in YAC while we were running the ball?

1. DT Danny Shelton (fucking Monster and Holati Ngata clone)

shelton2_9261109_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

1. ILB Denzel Perryman (best run stopping LB in the draft, hits like Ray Lewis and plays like him too)

2013-10-2610_14_03.gif

2. WR Sammy Coates (He's got #1 WR talent but will slip due to limited exposure)

Sammie+Coates+Braylon+Webb+SEC+Champions

3. TE Nick O'Leary (reminds me of Chris Cooley)

FSU_Nick_O_Leary_2.jpg

4. SS Jarquiski Tarrt (Whitner's Replacement) Small school diamond in the rough.

940x.jpg

The rest of the draft: best offensive and defensive lineman available!!!

As far as the O-line is concerned, we need at least 2 and FA is the likely route.

Need a vet who can play C & OG competently. Here are the candidates:

Player Pos Status From To Age Exp 2014 Cap Hit

Mike Iupati G UFA SF TBD 27 4 $4,625,863

Dan Connolly G UFA NE TBD 32 8 $4,083,333

Rob Sims G UFA DET TBD 31 8 $3,775,000

Erik Pears G UFA BUF TBD 32 9 $3,450,000

Jeromey Clary G UFA SD TBD 31 8 $3,300,000

James Carpenter G UFA SEA TBD 25 3 $2,431,364

Willie Colon G UFA NYJ TBD 31 8 $2,000,000

Daryn Colledge G UFA MIA TBD 32 8 $2,000,000

Davin Joseph G UFA STL TBD 31 8 $1,750,000

Clint Boling G UFA CIN TBD 25 3 $1,551,362

Joe Reitz G UFA IND TBD 27 4 $1,431,000

Orlando Franklin G UFA DEN TBD 27 3

Conolly and Colon jumped out at me, but there's a Buffalo name there that Pet undoubtedly knows.

FA is a wasteland at LT, and RT is not much better, but does offer a couple names:

Player Pos Status From To Age Exp 2014 Cap Hit

Bryan Bulaga RT UFA GB TBD 25 4 $3,829,000

Eric Winston RT UFA CIN TBD 31 8 $201,176

A FA backup C is fine. I don't want to improve (?) the right side of our line with 33-year-olds. Keep picking BPA at every D spot except CB.

When we ran well, our offense was fine with Andrew Hawkins as the No. 1 receiver. Down to the 3rd or 4th center, getting Cameron and Gordon back hasn't mattered.

With 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, I'd go RG and RT (not to automatically throw out Greco and Schwartz, but to add depth and eventually, if FA C, Schwartz, Greco, Seymour and McDonald are OLs Nos. 6-10, that looks a ton different), 3 BPAs on D and a TE or WR depending on Gordon and Cameron. I'd go the best blocking and receiving TE, then if we're able to keep Cameron, he becomes even more a WR rather than the usual TE.

Why would anyone think the draft is going to help this team while we're still stuck in this losing culture that's plagued this franchise for the last 20 plus years. There's a missing piece in this organization, and I'm not sure who or what that is, but I think a coach that's given complete control of all of the the on field decisions with players and has the respect of the team and opponents could be it. Pettine could fill that role, but he has to grow into the position and that means we need to keep him around for at least 3 or 4 years to find out.

When we go into a draft, we need to remember that one draft isn't going to make a winner. 2 first round picks doesn't make a winning team magically appear. We build with a plan and look for key position starters early and good back ups later in the draft.

Have a plan and stick to it.

This "losing culture" was really turning around the first 10 weeks of the season, was it not?

I think they're enough players on this team now that are hungry to win. More importantly some vets that have tasted success which becomes infectious. The issue is injury, talent and leadership. The last of those being a very distant 3rd. Suppose Mack, Dansby, Phil, Gipson and Monty weren't hurt. This team would probably be sitting around 9 wins with a serious shot at taking the AFCN.

For the first time in a long time, this team had direction, a steady coach that didn't throw his own players under the bus and some talent. The most important being the latter. Now that a good portion of said talent is on the IR, the team has suffered.

It's pretty simple, this draft class and free agency pool can help this team. It's rarely an overnight process in the NFL. We have 7 wins for god sake. One over what might be the NFC south champ, a blowout over Pittsburgh and another over the bungles. This season has not been a 4 win unmitigated disaster like the previous 6. I like a lot of what I see. Just needs time and more young talent.

Archived