THE BROWNS BOARD

Kathy Hutchins (1950-2014)

Zombo

don't kill me for saying this but i believe in a 'GOODNESS'. not like a jesus from where ever or a buddha from where ever,,,,,, just someone or some soul telling us all to do the right thing.

treat people i.e. your family, strangers, bums off the street with love and kindness. you will shine as a person. you will smile knowing that you have done some good.

kathy: all our hearts and minds are with you.

wait 'til tomorrow when we bust that baltimore raven's $#@$!

slow and easy. just like the rest of us 50+ jerks. (even though we don't act it).

love you!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Beanpot, tell her Ghoolie, Eric, and Doug are ready to return to CBS and yell " Kordell's a Homo" amid the silence before the singing of the National Anthem!!!!

You are invited to join us.

Hah, you've got a deal! I'm going to honestly tell her exactly that. She really struggles when it comes to showing emotion but her eyes come alive whenever we talk about the Browns. Thanks.

I'm sorry to report that our friend, Kathy Hutchins has lost the battle with brain cancer.

There is no question that yesterdays miracle comeback win by our beloved Browns was for Kathy (aka: KSHutchins) and at Kathy's doing. RIP Kathy, you will be greatly missed.

Too bad she could not have had a miracle comeback like the Browns did.

Kathy passed away very peacefully shortly after midnight this morning. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful support and the support and prayers from Kathy's "family" at the Browns Board.

--Todd (Beanpot)

RIP Kathy. Too bad the "Just one before I die" didn't work for you. I know you'll be looking on from above now.

FWIW, KS and me are almost exactly the same age- it totally sucks to be on the cusp of retirement, and have this happen to you. Whoever said life isn't fair had that right.

At least we have\had memories of the 1964 Championship- but that's 50 years ago- it's about time for another.

I saw the news on Facebook this morning. Kathy and I knew each other from way back in the old Prodigy and AOL boards, and became good friends. We had lost touch over the past few years, except for bithday greetings and photos of grankids on Facebook.

Farewell, "Woofie". The Dawg Pound has lost its "Baroness"... :(

I saw the news on Facebook this morning. Kathy and I knew each other from way back in the old Prodigy and AOL borads, and became good friends. We had lost touch over the past few years, except for bithday greetings and photos of grankids on Facebook.

Farewell, "Woofie". The Dawg Pound has lost its "Baroness"... :(

Hey Sam, You're one of the originals- don't be a stranger.

This is so sad. I wish I knew more about her issues since I live not that far away. I love Kathy and all the work we did together to bring the Browns back after 1995. We spent a lot of time together working the system to get the Browns back in the NFL. She is a sweetheart. I am immensely saddened to find her passing her on the site which I frequent so seldomly because of the petty stuff. Kathy, I love you and all you did to make the Cleveland Browns ALIVE AGAIN AFTER THAT DISASTER IN 1995.

I AM CRYING NOW.............BLESS YOU KATHY

DAMN I am so pissed I never knew she had this problem

I love you girl. Over the years we shared our love for the brownies. Oh we had our feuds. But we did it together you and I working hard sending faxes and messages and coordinating with NFL mucked e mucked mucks to get the Browns back with all the records and colors as such after 1995. And Kathy WE WON,,,,,,,YOU won.

I am saddened and love you deeply sleep and rest in peace..........from one great Browns fan to another

We did it together we brought the franchise from dead to alive and we did it working the channels together every day till it was done!!!!!

love yah girl.....

I never met Kathy, but she was the first "friend" I listed on this Board & she was instrumental in convincing me to realize my longtime dream of being a Browns' Season Ticket Holder. She is gone from us, but never forgotten and never replaced. She will always be a large part of this Board in my eyes.

RIP Kathy.

Mike

Damn, she listened to me in a dark hour in my life and worked with her professionally. She was a kind heart that would make time for you no matter what was going on in her life. I wish I could of been there in the same way she was for me. Sad day, RIP Kathy. I always remember a line from Moneyball, how can someone not be romantic about baseball, in this case football. I would of never met her without our Browns.

Brett

I haven't spoken of this in public but I have been experiencing Cancer up close and personal for the past 2 years with my Mom. It has gone from bad to worse to currently unimaginable. I really don't know how she is hanging on. Somehow I have managed to be strong and not lose my composure throughout this entire time.....until today....when I read about Kathy. The tears came and they haven't receded all day long. Kathy Hutchins was a ray of freaking light from Day One and remained so thereafter. Amidst our tomfoolery she was the voice and presence of calm and sanity yet somehow managed to be every bit as funny and wry as some of our saltiest posters. Back when we were jumping from board to board ...AOL to Sportsline to FatDads crib etc my attitude was, if Kathy is going there.....then that is the place to go. She was the glue in the crazy jigsaw puzzle. It crushes me to think this amazing, funny, intelligent and beautiful woman was taken away so cruelly and quickly this way. We have a lot of dyed in the wool diehard Browns fans here but not a one of us more so than Kathy Hutchins. Godspeed to you Mom, you will ALWAYS be missed.

=Doug=

WOW!.. I'm saddened to hear this.. I remember Kathy's great posts.. She was fabulas. What little time I knew of her. when I started here... RIP Kathy.. Many prayers for your soul and,your Family... God Bless...

I haven't spoken of this in public but I have been experiencing Cancer up close and personal for the past 2 years with my Mom. It has gone from bad to worse to currently unimaginable. I really don't know how she is hanging on. Somehow I have managed to be strong and not lose my composure throughout this entire time.....until today....when I read about Kathy. The tears came and they haven't receded all day long. Kathy Hutchins was a ray of freaking light from Day One and remained so thereafter. Amidst our tomfoolery she was the voice and presence of calm and sanity yet somehow managed to be every bit as funny and wry as some of our saltiest posters. Back when we were jumping from board to board ...AOL to Sportsline to FatDads crib etc my attitude was, if Kathy is going there.....then that is the place to go. She was the glue in the crazy jigsaw puzzle. It crushes me to think this amazing, funny, intelligent and beautiful woman was taken away so cruelly and quickly this way. We have a lot of dyed in the wool diehard Browns fans here but not a one of us more so than Kathy Hutchins. Godspeed to you Mom, you will ALWAYS be missed.

=Doug=

I can only echo what you and Rich said. Kathy predated the dark years, and was here from the beginning of this board (and a couple others). Some of the younger posters may not remember how hard we fought for "our name, our team, our colors"- Sam in Atlanta posted his condolences- I will tell you this much- he was in the forefront of keeping that where it belonged- KS too, and looking at the Facebook page I'd be remiss if it didin't mention Laz Chance and Collin too. I'll never forget the first time the core of this board hooked up for "The Final Play". KS, Dave Collins, BeesIndy, Metal Marte, Art Beitz, yeah- I think you were there too Doug. And forgive me if I've left out a bunch of the others.

That's what separates this board from about any other- after 20+ years, we're family now, and losing one of our own is like losing a sister- or mother.

what does this mean?

has she passed?

Yes Mik, Kathy went to the Great Gridiorn in the sky this morning. For those of us who got to meet, and know her personally- it's a sad loss.

it has always been in my lifetime that the autumn months when seasons change that so do very personal things change as well.

i might be considered a newbie here because of when i joined this gin joint, but one of the first posts and back chat i had at that time was with KS Hutchins. she led me through the troubled waters of this forum, which at that time in my life (like so many else have mentioned) was such a depressing phase of sports fandome.

may the road rise with you. may the angels cover you now as you have covered others in the brief lifetime here on solid ground.

please ask around up there if there a couple more seats available in that beautiful stadium. i must and will meet you.

god bless you. love from the top to the toes for you and all that you've graced.

-tim.

Archived