THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward Retires

The Gipper

This is quite possibly the gayest thread I've read on this board. Someone said it earlier, the only championships that matter are last years, and even that only matters until next season begins (which in my opinion starts the day after the Super Bowl.)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look,

here is the deal. It isn't that all that ancient bullshit doesn't deserve respect....... it does.

At the same time, NONE OF IT.......... not one single iota has ANYTHING to do the Lerner era football.

The Ravens are more closely tied to the Paul Brown teams than Lerner's Browns Revision II fabrication are.

Even so, Browns fans are the only fans in the NFL envelope that have to justify their team's accomplishments by pointing shit out that happened before the majority of us were born.

Again, you are all going around here giving bareback blowjobs to what is probably the worst crop of NFL players, rating them with B amd A ratings, never mind at 4 - 12 they ar probably the NFLs worst team.

Who cares WTF happened in teh AAFC? WTF cares about Paul Warfield.............. the Dolphin.

so YOU ARE a steeler's fan.

why don't the mods just forbid any trolling from these people? i guess you guys like confrontation.

and buttfuck hines ward. that bitch.

PRE-CHAMPIONSHIP ERA - Era of football that has about much in common with current football as does Rugby. There was no championship game as championships were awarded and disputed, only 3 teams from this era still exist. Teams did not play organized schedules, many played non-league opponents.

1920 - Akron Pros - Akron is NOT Cleveland (defunct franchise)

1922 - Canton Bulldogs - Canton is NOT Cleveland (defunct franchise)

1923 - Canton Bulldogs - Canton is NOT Cleveland (defunct franchise)

1924 - Cleveland Bulldogs - (defunct franchise) Not the same "Bulldogs" Franchise - featured a dispute from the Chicago Franchise

All-America Football League - Defunct league that did not feature a draft - so they were not on the same playing field as a normal professional team. The NFL does NOT recognize these championships. All players were complete free agents - only 2 teams managed to not be defunct.

1946 - AAFC Championship

1947 - AAFC Championship

1948 - AAFC Championship

1949 - AAFC Championship

NFL Championships - Recognized by the NFL as the equivalent of the NFC Championship Game by the NFL Record and Fact Book. Playing Home Games on a rotating schedule gives one team distinct advantage vs. Neutral site game. Also did not have to enter into a playoff system, save for one tie breaker - needed 5 post-season wins for Browns to win 4 NFL Championships.

1945 - Cleveland Rams - The 2nd of 3 Cleveland Franchise to not remain in Cleveland. A more legitimate championship than the AAFC Browns as they had to play by the rules of the rest of the NFL, a more established league featuring a draft.

1950 - NFL Championship (played in Cleveland, not neutral site)

1954 - NFL Championship (played in Cleveland, not neutral site)

1955 - NFL Championship

1964 - NFL Championship (played in Cleveland, not neutral site)

Bottom line Gipper - you are the ONLY person in the world that thinks that any of Cleveland's 13 Championships are remotely close to what the Super Bowl is.

What is a Super Bowl but yet another American Professional Football Championship.

You have listed all the titles. There you are, there are the facts. They are all Northeast Ohio. I live in the Akron/Canton area. I make no distinction. It is all the same sports market. If Aliquippa had an NFL franchise that was defunct that won a title I would count that for Pittsburgh...just like I count the Frankford Yellow Jackets for Philly and the Providence Steamrollers for New England.

The fact that you may not like those facts is not my problem.

Those titles were won under the rules of the competition at the time.

Plain and simple.

You can have all of those, you don't even know who played for any of those teams, rooted for any of them - even seen highlights of any kind. The rest of the World wants Super Bowls, I can tell you my friends who are Packers and Giants fans don't give a darn about the old championships, they prefer their Super Bowls.

Face it, you are desperate after losing for the majority of your history that you have to take credit for the accomplishments of other franchises.

Other franchises? Not sure what you mean by "other franchises". These titles were accomplished by teams located in Northeast Ohio.

Are you geographically impaired?

The only thing that counts is what is accomplished in your home area. The NFL has clearly been subject to too much of the whim of some of its incompetent owners...such that it is only your home town....that matters.

Your logic would be applicable to say if Indianapolis claimed it won yay many titles by the Colts....all but one of which was one in Baltimore.

And, quite frankly, you are wrong about the Packers and Giants fans...at least the Packer fan.

I know because my wife is from Wisconsin and her Dad and other family are Packer fans...and he makes absolutely no distinction between pre-Super Bowl or Post Super Bowl titles.

One of our closest family friends lives on the Fox River overlooking downtown Green Bay. When we visited we take a tour of Lambeau Field.

So go blow smoke up someone else's ass about what the fans of Green Bay do or do not cherish.

well, the Pittsburgh Power and the Pittsburgh Passion (womens team) both have championships.......so those count for us right?

Did they play in the NFL, or are they currently an NFL franchise.

Its a pretty simple criteria. Only Steeler fans are too stupid to comprehend it.

The Pros/Bulldogs/Rams won the National Football League Championship.

The Cleveland Browns are a National Football League franchise.

and we've had a couple semi-pro teams win their championships from the area so those count too right?

oh, and i started a "league" in my neighborhood for backyard games.......my team has won 4yrs running, so those count right?

well hell, if we lower the bar (as cleveland does) to include these quasi leagues then Pittsburgh has something like 83 football championships.

i mean according to you "a championship is a championship" right? hell, add on the 20 or so madden tournaments i've won online and that brings us up over 100 championships. so cleveland is STILL WAYYYYYYYYYYY below the championship curve.

dumb ass.

When your semi-pro team or beer league is wins the NFL title...or become NFL franchises, then we will admit that those titles count.

Do you see that happening?

This is quite possibly the gayest thread I've read on this board. Someone said it earlier, the only championships that matter are last years, and even that only matters until next season begins (which in my opinion starts the day after the Super Bowl.)

That was me that said that. And yes, it is true. The fact that I compile more historical data than anyone else here for information purposes does not make that statment of mine any less true.

Look,

here is the deal. It isn't that all that ancient bullshit doesn't deserve respect....... it does.

At the same time, NONE OF IT.......... not one single iota has ANYTHING to do the Lerner era football.

The Ravens are more closely tied to the Paul Brown teams than Lerner's Browns Revision II fabrication are.

Even so, Browns fans are the only fans in the NFL envelope that have to justify their team's accomplishments by pointing shit out that happened before the majority of us were born.

Again, you are all going around here giving bareback blowjobs to what is probably the worst crop of NFL players, rating them with B amd A ratings, never mind at 4 - 12 they ar probably the NFLs worst team.

Who cares WTF happened in teh AAFC? WTF cares about Paul Warfield.............. the Dolphin.

You apparently care enough to comment on it.

Just because our current ownership sucks swampwater doesn't mean we deny history.

Just because Nagasaki was blow to hell by a nuclear bomb in WWII doesn't mean that the history of Nagasaki as the trading center with Europe or as the center of Confucianism in Japan and the center of the Jesuit missionaries never happened.

And it doesn't mean that the Browns, like Nagasaki, won't be reborn from the ashes of Modell and Lerner either. It'll just take about the same amount of time. Nagasaki was devastated for 20 years until the mid 60s before it started its comeback.

See, this is where you are pathetic - Steelers fans DO NOT discredit NFL Championships prior to 1974.

Isn't that exactly what you did when you said that the Akron Pros and Canton Bulldogs etc. don't count, cunt?

How ignorant are you really? The NFL itself did not have a championship game from 1920-1932, they did not have a balanced schedule, they did not have an organized league. The NFL of that era bears no resemblance to the one that would exist even 20 years later, to say nothing of today - it was not the full time job of players, it was a barnstorming league and since championships were awarded, no less than 4 were disputed - including to this day the Pottsville Maroons NFL Championship in 1925. You sound like a damn fool - I am referring to actual NFL History, you are desperately trying to make Cleveland stand out as the greatest NFL team of all time - using 5 different teams as one to do it.

Why do you consider Akron and Canton as NE Ohio franchises to be interchangeable with Cleveland? You are the one that keeps saying CLEVELAND has 13 NFL Championships when the history books clearly indicate they do not. NE Ohio is NOT Cleveland. Akron is not Cleveland. Canton is not Cleveland.

It's actually fun, watching you desperately and feebly attempt to legitimize football championships in Cleveland. You embarrass yourself more and more each time.

Here are the facts: the NFL Record and Fact Book lists NFL/AFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl in the same classification as NFC/AFC Championships. What that means is, at best, you have half as many NFL Championships as the Steelers do, and 6 less Super Bowls which - in case you haven't noticed, is what the teams currently play for.

Just look at the Giants Super Bowl ring design - it features 4 Lombardi Trophies on it, signifying the 4 Super Bowls. Green Bay did the same thing last year.

I know it sucks to be you - but you're a pompous ass anyway for the WTC comments - the reality is that you've been rooting for a loser for over 40 years. You accuse Pittsburgh fans of not acknowledging the NFL since 1974, but Cleveland Browns fans like you seem to think the only NFL that matters is what happened before 1964.

How ignorant are you really? The NFL itself did not have a championship game from 1920-1932,

So what? They did name Champions.

they did not have a balanced schedule,

The NFL doesn't have a balanced schedule now.

they did not have an organized league.

Of course they had an organized league. Jesus, do you never read anything? What do you think Jim Thorpe and George Halas were doing that day in the Hayes Huppmobile Office? Having a sewing circle? They were organizing a league. If you would like I can take you to the spot it happended.

The NFL of that era bears no resemblance to the one that would exist even 20 years later,

How the fuck would you know? The NFL has been evolving all along. The NFL of 20 years ago doesn't resemble the NFL of Today.

to say nothing of today - it was not the full time job of players, it was a barnstorming league and since championships were awarded, no less than 4 were disputed - including to this day the Pottsville Maroons NFL Championship in 1925.

That was all part of the evolution of the league. And to my knowledge ONLY the one was disputed...by Pottsville. Again, so what? That was the era. I don't know how old you are, but rest assured, the game of today has about as much resemblence to the game of the 70s as the game of the 70s had to the game of the 20s. History happens. I am not sure why you can't handle that fact.

You sound like a damn fool - I am referring to actual NFL History, you are desperately trying to make Cleveland stand out as the greatest NFL team of all time - using 5 different teams as one to do it.

When I list the Championship attributable to a particular market, I use all teams in that market. Cleveland is not the only city to have multiple franchises that have won titles.

Boston/New England (Steamrollers/Pats) has multiple franchises as does: Chicago (Cards/Bear), New York(Giants/Jets), Dallas(Texans/Cowboys), Los Angeles(Rams/Raiders), The Bay area (49ers/Raiders), Philadelphia (Yellow Jackets/Eagle). Note that the Cleveland area isn't the only regione with more than one city named in that region, nor is it the only one with a defunct team..

Why do you consider Akron and Canton as NE Ohio franchises to be interchangeable with Cleveland? You are the one that keeps saying CLEVELAND has 13 NFL Championships when the history books clearly indicate they do not. NE Ohio is NOT Cleveland. Akron is not Cleveland. Canton is not Cleveland.

Why are you so stupid about this? I am counting the "market area", the geographic hub.

Arlington isn't Dallas...East Rutherford isn't New York...Foxboro isn't Boston...Landover MD isn't Washington D.C., Orchard Park isn't Buffalo, Miami Gardens isn't Miami, Pontiac wasn't Detroit, Glendale isn't Phoenix, Anaheim isn't LA, the "San Francisco 49ers" will soon be playing in Santa Clara, 35 miles away. Nashville isn't Tennessee, Minneapolis isn't Minnesota, Arizona isn't Glendale or Phoenix or whatever, New England is a 5 state area.

It's actually fun, watching you desperately and feebly attempt to legitimize football championships in Cleveland. You embarrass yourself more and more each time.

Then apparently the entire cities and states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Boston, Foxboro Providence, New York City, New York State, Buffalo, Orchard Park , Maryland, Landover, the District of Columbia, Nashville, Tennessee, Florida, Miami, Miami Gardens, Minneapolis, St. Paul, Minnesota, Texas, Irving, Arlington, Dallas, Glendale, Phoenix, Arizona, San Francisco, Santa Clara, California etc.etc. must all embarass themselves as well.

Or maybe they just don't have their sphincters puckered quite as tight as you do, nor do they try to spin on the head of a needle worrying about such thing like geographis boundaries like you do.

Here are the facts: the NFL Record and Fact Book lists NFL/AFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl in the same classification as NFC/AFC Championships.

NO, they don't. You are wrong.

What that means is, at best, you have half as many NFL Championships as the Steelers do, and 6 less Super Bowls which - in case you haven't noticed, is what the teams ccurrently play for.

Currently. Operative term. Prior to whenever they played for a championship by some different name. In the future that may change as well.

Evolution...every scientist on earth knows that it is a confirmed fact.

All except of course, stupid, fundamentalist, creationists....like you apparently.

AND GOD CREATED THE EARTH, THE STARS, THE SUN AND THE SEAS ONLY AT SUCH POINT IN TIME THAT THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS BECAME WORTH A SHIT. Stupidicus 9:70

Just look at the Giants Super Bowl ring design - it features 4 Lombardi Trophies on it, signifying the 4 Super Bowls. Green Bay did the same thing last year.

I know it sucks to be you - but you're a pompous ass anyway for the WTC comments - the reality is that you've been rooting for a loser for over 40 years.

That is the only accurate thing you have said in 100 posts. But, someday, the Browns will win. You however, will, apparently always be ignorant.

(and it has been now 48 years. I was 12 when the Browns last won a title. I know in my heart that your sorry sack of shit ass couldn't last as long. What I don't know is if you are a Fairweather fan, or a FRAK. Hopefully the former)

You accuse Pittsburgh fans of not acknowledging the NFL since 1974, but Cleveland Browns fans like you seem to think the only NFL that matters is what happened before 1964.

Where on earth did you get that? We acknowledge everything since 1920....we certainly know the Browns have not won since '64. What fucking board have you been reading?

The thing is: you are hung up on the truth. You can't handle it. Don't know why.

All you need to say is that "we have won 6 titles since 1974(?) and you have won none". And all we can say is "yes, you have".

But, apparently, that is not good enough for you, and I am not sure why.

Clearly an inferiority complex. Maybe in your case justified. (Certainly not in the Steeler's case)

Designates all 210 Markets in the United States, detailing each county and state for Single Unit and Area Franchise Development Sales. The DMA system is a nationally accepted standard by all Media. The DMA map is an excellent method of awarding territories to area developers and multi-unit Franchisee's.

Designated market areas in the US.

•1 New York 7,493,530 20,093,347 2.68

•2 Los Angeles 5,659,170 17,036,504 3.01

•3 Chicago 3,501,010 9,381,467 2.68

•4 Philadelphia 2,955,190 7,444,967 2.52

•5 Dallas-Ft. Worth 2,544,410 6,786,334 2.67

•6 San Francisco-Oak-San Jose 2,503,400 6,718,840 2.68

•7 Atlanta 2,387,520 6,316,859 2.65

•8 Boston (Manchester) 2,410,180 5,983,812 2.48

•9 Washington, DC (Hagerstown) 2,335,040 5,935,943 2.54

•10 Houston 2,123,460 5,883,467 2.77

•11 Phoenix (Prescott) 1,873,930 4,982,357 2.66