THE BROWNS BOARD

YESSSSSSS

LondonBrown

You people are out of your fucking minds. This guy is inaccurate, erratic, mistake prone, and he left college 2 years too early. No Veteran talent to work with the kid.

Absolute horseshit pick. This fucking kid will self destruct. But hey, inaccurate, mistake-prone, dumb? Right up Hue's DNA, yeah?

LIke I said, the Browns will draft DeShit.

^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label there's a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !

The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !

LOL, some of us may hope he sees the field never. Here's something to think about London. If you read Caine's repost (it gives me some ammunition that it was a bad pick) - 17th best QB by metrics sounds about right. So we sit Deshone all year- and stink. We're in the same situation in 2018 that the Jets are with Hackenberg. So, are we gonna pass on supposed stud Darnold with plenty of picks to get him, because Kizer hasn't gotten a fair chance to prove he sucks? I'll say this much, if Kizer was Hue's idea and he busts, he bought his ticket out of town. I'm almost at the Ghoolie level and the season hasn't even started. I wouldn't be too upset to can Jackson now, and let Williams take over. If that report is true- Sashi, how could you let a guy who was so totally wrong about Griffin make another QB pick? No Hue, my trust in you went out the door with RG III.

Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

Looking on the sunny side of Deshone. That's admirable. I hope we can fix him. I wasn't the Curmudgeon in the Survival Pool for nothing. :)

Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden. It goes both ways, he responded negatively to Kelly, I think he will respond positively to Jackson. At best he has all the physical tools to be the big AFC north QB we've all been clamoring for. At worst, we wasted a second round pick. That's the nature of drafting QBs. Zero sum game. I really don't get all the haters on this board for this pick.

Looking on the sunny side of Deshone. That's admirable. I hope we can fix him. I wasn't the Curmudgeon in the Survival Pool for nothing. :)

lol... that's better... No sunshine, just assessment...

I dare you to employ the same tactic this coming Pool... in fact, I double-dawg dare ya!

Wow hope he never sees the field. Welcome to Cleveland Deshone :/

Exactly my thought... ain't nothing says fan like, "Sure hope we wasted draft pick."

He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden.

Not that Kizer will be starting, but opening day will be a very important test of his potential...

"Deshone! Buddy! Just stay out from under that big flag and you're already ahead of schedule..."

He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden. It goes both ways, he responded negatively to Kelly, I think he will respond positively to Jackson. At best he has all the physical tools to be the big AFC north QB we've all been clamoring for. At worst, we wasted a second round pick. That's the nature of drafting QBs. Zero sum game. I really don't get all the haters on this board for this pick.

LOL! Kizer 28 on Wonderlic..........JM scored 31 so there's that....................... :D

^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

Well....I think the jury is still way out on how great a QB whisperer that Hue really is. Nothing so far done with the Browns reveals that he is anything special in training QBs.

How did he get that reputation anyway? Certainly I would not think it is because of his work with Dalton? Or perhaps it is. When Hue left, Dalton was pretty shit. Still....jury out.

LOL, some of us may hope he sees the field never. Here's something to think about London. If you read Caine's repost (it gives me some ammunition that it was a bad pick) - 17th best QB by metrics sounds about right. So we sit Deshone all year- and stink. We're in the same situation in 2018 that the Jets are with Hackenberg. So, are we gonna pass on supposed stud Darnold with plenty of picks to get him, because Kizer hasn't gotten a fair chance to prove he sucks? I'll say this much, if Kizer was Hue's idea and he busts, he bought his ticket out of town. I'm almost at the Ghoolie level and the season hasn't even started. I wouldn't be too upset to can Jackson now, and let Williams take over. If that report is true- Sashi, how could you let a guy who was so totally wrong about Griffin make another QB pick? No Hue, my trust in you went out the door with RG III.

You didn't believe Hue when he said "Trust me" about Kessler?

Well....I think the jury is still way out on how great a QB whisperer that Hue really is. Nothing so far done with the Browns reveals that he is anything special in training QBs.

How did he get that reputation anyway?

Who knows....nothing he has ever done indicates he's a QB whisperer....thats something wishful fans made up when he came here...

Hue's team resume on selected QB's while he's HC consists of....Terrelle Pryor....RGIII....Kessler....and now Kizer,,,,,no whispering happening here....

Wow hope he never sees the field

Welcome to Cleveland Deshone :/

We can be a rough crowd London. Some cheered when Tim Couch got hurt. The fans threw snowballs at Santa Claus when he got ko-ed on the sidelines near the Dawg Pound.

Just me, but WHY did we draft Kizer when we already have a guy on the roster that plays like him and is even taller? I have more hope the Ostrich can be fixed than Deshone.

Pretty sure Dalton is on Hue's "whisper" list...

Flacco as well...

Tour tour tour.....Ive never seen anyone give Hue credit for those guys....cept some Browns fans here,,,, after we signed him....

Just dont see any offensive genius in them bones....no whisperer....no O genius plan....nada....

The good news (thanks in large to the Orange stuff/beverage) is Kizer doesn't have to worry about Hoorta's accuracy with batteries any more than Elway had to. Now that would be a pretty fun video watching Hoorta in the wind-up with REM singing "Got my Orange Crush..."

The good news (thanks in large to the Orange stuff/beverage) is Kizer doesn't have to worry about Hoorta's accuracy with batteries any more than Elway had to. Now that would be a pretty fun video watching Hoorta in the wind-up with REM singing "Got my Orange Crush..."

lmao...

The good news (thanks in large to the Orange stuff/beverage) is Kizer doesn't have to worry about Hoorta's accuracy with batteries any more than Elway had to.

Ha, they don't allow lantern batteries inside anymore Tom. And at my age, my range with one of those bad boys is around 40 feet. We'll see how things develop. I'll give him 1\2 a chance playing before I start ripping him to shreds. The more I've seen of him during the draft process, the lower my opinion of him went, and it was pretty low last fall watching him play to begin with. Needless to say, I'm not the only Browns fan that isn't rolling out the Red Carpet for Deshone. I think guys here can see now just because a prospect is an Ohio guy- doesn't mean me & Gip get all Gaga eyed over him. He's the anti Trubs in the accuracy and quick release department, and the anti Watson in the clutch area. Mud accentuated the arrogance factor. To modify Gilbert's kids comment, "what's not to hate?"

Ha...... To modify Gilbert's kids comment, "what's not to hate?"

That's good.

I will give Kizer time, plenty of time maybe measured in many, many months if not years. 2018? More?

I was not in love with the drafting of Kizer. However, what's the one thing this organization has said since day one? they want to build depth at EVERY position, including qb. I think with Kizer and Kessler that is exactly what the browns are doing. He's a project. He has a ton of work to do. However, his upside could be tremendous. They have the draft picks to go out and make these type of gambles. yes, there are other players that could have been picked, but nobody on the board could be as transformative to the organization and have the same kind of value if they peak like Kizer. Kessler gives the browns a hard working steady presence who, IMOP, now with a decent offensive line will be able to successfully manage a game for you. He's a future very very good back-up who can start and win some games for you but may never win a SB. Kizer has the POTENTIAL to be great. It's not there now, but if he matures both physically with his skills as well as on the mental aspect, and this is where Kessler is going to push him because he is a work-a-holic. It's going to show within the next year. Finally, let's just say the browns after next year STILL don't think there is a qb on this roster. Now they have the FA route or the draft on whomever they fall in love with to go out and get. Yes, that's three qb's on the roster but all three are significant upgrades compared to where they were just last year. I guess what i'm saying, is even though I don't love Kizer NOW, his future potential and the browns flexibility in the next year has put them in a much better situation than if they would have forced a trubs or mahomes in the first. The difference between the top 4 was very minimal that the risk/reward is TOTALLY worth this pick.

they want to build depth at EVERY position, including qb. I think with Kizer and Kessler that is exactly what the browns are doing. He's a project. He has a ton of work to do. However, his upside could be tremendous. They have the draft picks to go out and make these type of gambles. yes, there are other players that could have been picked, but nobody on the board could be as transformative to the organization and have the same kind of value if they peak like Kizer.

If nothing else we know Sashi&Co. love draft picks...

And next to draft picks, there's no better currency in the NFL than QBs that can play. We now have 4 QBs rostered.

• Two, Kess and Brock, have or have already shown promise.
  • One, Kizer, has potential.
  • Then there's Hogan...

Can we develop three at the same time? Doubtful. Do we have to? Probably depends on how Brock takes to our Offense.

Someone, my guess is Brock, gets showcased in pre-season. All he has to do is flash the good he showed in Denver and he's cashable. Should he actually win our starting job? Then just hope Kess pushed him hard and we can cash Kess out.

Worst case? Neither really shines and we release Hogan...

LOL! Kizer 28 on Wonderlic..........JM scored 31 so there's that....................... :D

And if you think a single test is a real measure of intelligence I've got lots of LOL right back at you. JM with his higher Wonderlic couldn't think himself out of a beer bottle and onto another team. Kizer is already walking around with the playbook and had. 3.6 GPA in high school.

If nothing else we know Sashi&Co. love draft picks...

And next to draft picks, there's no better currency in the NFL than QBs that can play. We now have 4 QBs rostered.

• Two, Kess and Brock, have or have already shown promise.
  • One, Kizer, has potential.
  • Then there's Hogan...

Can we develop three at the same time? Doubtful. Do we have to? Probably depends on how Brock takes to our Offense.

Someone, my guess is Brock, gets showcased in pre-season. All he has to do is flash the good he showed in Denver and he's cashable. Should he actually win our starting job? Then just hope Kess pushed him hard and we can cash Kess out.

Worst case? Neither really shines and we release Hogan...

I would die laughing if brock ended up being the man

I would die laughing if brock ended up being the man

He sure looked like the boy wonder in Denver before deciding to try his hand at high finance. Who knows he should be an upgrade from RGIII. ;)

Your opinion is almost as shit as Ghoolies, and that's saying something

Ha, they don't allow lantern batteries inside anymore Tom. And at my age, my range with one of those bad boys is around 40 feet. We'll see how things develop. I'll give him 1\2 a chance playing before I start ripping him to shreds. The more I've seen of him during the draft process, the lower my opinion of him went, and it was pretty low last fall watching him play to begin with. Needless to say, I'm not the only Browns fan that isn't rolling out the Red Carpet for Deshone. I think guys here can see now just because a prospect is an Ohio guy- doesn't mean me & Gip get all Gaga eyed over him. He's the anti Trubs in the accuracy and quick release department, and the anti Watson in the clutch area. Mud accentuated the arrogance factor. To modify Gilbert's kids comment, "what's not to hate?"

I was just trying to add a little comic relief. QBs have always polarized and escalated intensities before they ended up on the t-shirt.

I don't know how accurate this is but I have a feeling our FO was going to try to move up to #5 with the same franchise (TN) we developed a 1st round trade relationship with last year. The Kyle Shanahan who would love to stick it up Jimmy Haslam's dumpster while gaining Chicago's 2017 and 2018 3rd round picks in addition to their 2017 4th round pick probably had enough influence on John Lynch to the extent there was no way he could say no to Kyle & Chicago's offer. This being the case, you have 2 choices: 1) never let it go or 2) realize we added 3 first round picks before we drafted Kizer to develop at QB here.

Ironically, it was the DeShaun Watson who you've never spoken very highly of that we passed on at #12. In doing so, we ended up with 3 first round picks that weren't considered reaches.

Archived