THE BROWNS BOARD

Now THIS is how you draft!

domcucch1994

3 1st rounders.

2 solid defensive players, one potential great pass rusher and a potentially good SS.

David Njoku, 6'4", 246 lbs. 4.64 40. Decent speed, had good numbers last season.

I am thoroughly excited,

We added some good quality guys that should make an impact.

We also got two first rounders again next year which we will need if Kess doesn't pan out we can take Sam Darnold

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...

Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.

While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?

Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.

But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.

From Yahoo Sports....

The Browns moved down from No. 12 to here and now have — are you ready for this? — two first-rounders, three second-rounders, two fourth-rounders and two sixth-rounders in 2018...

While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?

3rd safety, big nickell value. That's it for the next two years barring a miracle turnaround. A position Tyvis might beat him out, I might add.

We need a deep center fielder, someone to make QB's pay for testing him - you took THE WORST DB in this class to possibly play the position and it will become painfully clear very quickly.

Even if Peppers isn't playing there, don't worry, he'll get roasted underneath by TE's with decent footwork and slot recievers.

He's a player without a home on the defensive side of the ball. You drafted a RB with the 25th pick, essentially. I hate to say it but I do relish the moment when that is clear. Analytics don't even say Jabrill is a good

pick so clearly some 'he's a football player' asshole had to chime in on this one. Most likely the Tennessee version of Jerry Jones. Get a Heisman contender (what a fucking joke that was) on roster to create some hype.

Go fuck your collective draft, Browns. Did something smart with Garrett, then royally screwed the pooch afterwards.

Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...

Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.

Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.

But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.

I reluctantly like Garrett, just watch Mitch go on to be an all-pro. At least me and Gip can drown our sorrows at Maya at Stan's expense for getting the bet right. (It was top 10)

Hope Peppers isn't the Jack of all trades and master of none. Njoku may be an OK pick we'll see. He got a lot of run pre draft.

You guys are proving Ghoolie right. Ooohhh, ahhhh. The Harvard guys outsmarted everyone. Remains to be seen.

Let's see.... believe in sashi or Ghoolie... hmmmm... I just don't know...

C'mon, h, we ain't proving jack shit for that lard ass. You want to argue none of us know anything beyond our opinions? Fine, but as soon as you hold one side over another you have no credibility... none... zero... nada. So quit shittin' in our hats...

Of course nada would still leave you with more credibility than accordion boy...

From Yahoo Sports....

The Browns moved down from No. 12 to here and now have — are you ready for this? — two first-rounders, three second-rounders, two fourth-rounders and two sixth-rounders in 2018...

Yes, and after trading down again in 2018, the Browns have three first rounders, four second rounders, and six picks in the 4th, and every pick in the 7th in the 2019 draft. We're bringing in a monkey to throw darts at our 2019 draft board, we figure he can do as well as the clowns we have running the show, and he costs a hell of a lot less......

Let's see.... believe in sashi or Ghoolie... hmmmm... I just don't know...

C'mon, h, we ain't proving jack shit for that lard ass. You want to argue none of us know anything beyond our opinions? Fine, but as soon as you hold one side over another you have no credibility... none... zero... nada. So quit shittin' in our hats...

Of course nada would still leave you with more credibility than accordion boy...

OK, we've amassed a ton of draft capital next year. We also passed on a ton of top talent this year, again. Gave up that #33, which I suppose is OK, but if Foster turns into the next Ray Lewis, blown pick, unless Njoku is another Ozzie Newsome.

Sorry if I'm being a negative Nancy. Garrett was a no brainer, but color me unimpressed with the rest of Day one. Do me a favor Sashi, and totally pass on a qb this year.

Total shit draft. I win again.

Worst draft in the history of the Browns. Absolute worst.

Anyone that would proclaim anything close to this before any of the kids have strapped on a Browns helmet is a fucking idiot. Why am I not surprised our resident 'internet sensation wannabe' opens his fat mouth (for the 30 seconds it didn't have food in it) and shows everyone what a jackoff, know nothing, never was he truly is.

Go to bed tubby, you have a big day of eating tomorrow.

OK, we've amassed a ton of draft capital next year. We also passed on a ton of top talent this year, again. Gave up that #33, which I suppose is OK, but if Foster turns into the next Ray Lewis, blown pick, unless Njoku is another Ozzie Newsome.

Sorry if I'm being a negative Nancy. Garrett was a no brainer, but color me unimpressed with the rest of Day one. Do me a favor Sashi, and totally pass on a qb this year.

OK... who the fuck did we pass over?

And for the love of God, quit comparing Peppers to Lewis... it only makes you look stupid.

It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......

And for the love of God, quit comparing Peppers to Lewis... it only makes you look stupid.

I wasn't comparing Dr. Peppers to Lewis- I want to see studly production out of him though. He won't be any problem off the field, and if he fails it won't be from lack of effort. It will be up to Williams to figure out how to use him- he's a guy without a set position, you ought to know that's the big knock against him. I wasn't keen on him- and not just because he went to Michigan either.

Regarding Peppers- well, here's what we potentially gave up to land him. That LOW first round pick we got from the Texans (and Jabril) had better turn out better than the following: Malik Hooker, Jonathan Allen, Adoree Jackson, OJ Howard, and yeah Gareon Conley- if we were daring. We traded up for Njoku with Foster still available too. Seems we went the high character route so far.

Segue now to 2017................ the the same shit applies............... Wait till 2018.....you're really gonna see something.

HEY LINUS.................GO TO BED, THAT STUPID FUCKING PUMPKIN ISN'T SHOWING UP.

The FO thought they would be clever and get Garrett at #1 and Trubisky at #12, They, like most here, actually bought into the hype that Trubisky was going to be taken after the other QBs I GUARANTEE YOU, when the Bears traded up, Sashi and Deopdesta literally shit their pants, and I GUARANTEE YOU...Haslam is madder than a mother fucker right now.

The Browns traded down because they were stunned. The realized they fucked up and had no other plan.

Here's my take on missing out on Mitch. I knew it was 50\50 if he'd get past the 49ers and Bears, and after that we were golden. You can bet the Browns had a trade all worked out with the Titans to take him @ #5, but SURPRISE!! All that pre draft chatter told Da Bears all they needed to know. Now those trade downs reminded me of Bill when he was coaching the Browns, didn't get the guy he wanted, and traded down to take that gem Crag Powell. Can't say they panicked though- Sashi as much said you always have to take into account a guy you want will get taken before you pick.

And if the Texans were hot after Watson, the first round pick (likely a low one) we got in exchange wasn't enough. Trade value chart says 480 points. Discounting future picks one round, that's equivalent to the 10th pick in the second round. if you think the Texans are going to suck that bad this year, you're nuts.

So we got (maybe) the best pass rusher, a football player that doesn't have a set position, and the second best TE on the board. No very valuable #33 pick either. Way to go guys- wait till next year Linus, that's when I hear the Great Pumpkin is showing up.

Screwing up drafts, it's become a Browns tradition. :)

Larry, I am always right. No need to prove anything, but I appreciate the kudos.

When I called the 201 draft a bust, which 1 - 15 says all we need to say, people here told me, "Ghoolie, you don't understand the draft. We are building assets. We have good, solid players and NEXT year, you will really see it come to fruition. Ahhhh.....I called that the words of a jackoff....BUT BUT BUT............ okay.....

Segue now to 2017................ the the same shit applies............... Wait till 2018.....you're really gonna see something.

HEY LINUS.................GO TO BED, THAT STUPID FUCKING PUMPKIN ISN'T SHOWING UP.

#1, #12 We get shit. If you wanted an edge rusher, you could have had a much better one in Bosa............ cheaper, last year. And after that? You got shit....a big pile of shit. The only ones outsmarted by Sashi and DePodesta are the fans and Hazmat. "Jimmie, just wait, we'el draft em next year. What happened tonight was classic Browns embarassment.

The FO thought they would be clever and get Garrett at #1 and Trubisky at #12, They, like most here, actually bought into the hype that Trubisky was going to be taken after the other QBs I GUARANTEE YOU, when the Bears traded up, Sashi and Deopdesta literally shit their pants, and I GUARANTEE YOU...Haslam is madder than a mother fucker right now.

The Browns traded down because they were stunned. The realized they fucked up and had no other plan.

Make no mistake, this fucking team is in the biggest trouble it ever has been. No Qb, no WRs, nothing to make an impact. Garrett will be injured, mark my words. He will be on the field all the time, he will try to save the team on every play and he will get ass pounded.

Worst draft in the history of the Browns. Absolute worst.

Always enjoy your posts...

Disagree on categorization as 'worst draft ever' - unless you really DO have data back to 201... Browns still drafting Romans instead of Goths...

Did the no-brainer pick with Garrett. He will be a player - hopefully for the Browns - but he will be a player.

After that... kind of left me asking... ummmmmm, why?

They could have laid some serious foundation here, but chose (again?!!) to stockpile for next year?!!

Not sure I get it, but still not passing judgement on this regime...

I reluctantly like Garrett, just watch Mitch go on to be an all-pro. At least me and Gip can drown our sorrows at Maya at Stan's expense for getting the bet right. (It was top 10)

Hope Peppers isn't the Jack of all trades and master of none. Njoku may be an OK pick we'll see. He got a lot of run pre draft.

I don't think there was much that could've been done about Trubisky outside of Dafting him first. To me it looked like Da Bears threw a monkey wrench in our whole Trubisky program. Good with the Garrett pick. Ehh...we'll see on the other two. Kind of luke warm on the whole draft so far. Looked like too much work for two players that may have been there in the second. Again we'll see.

. Kind of luke warm on the whole draft so far. Looked like too much work for two players that may have been there in the second. Again we'll see.

In a nutshell.....this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We should have gotten more than just a most likely low 2018 1st rounder for the drop back to 25. I do like that we have it and all those #2s to help us get one of the top 2 QBs next year, but we should have gotten another player this year (or next) as well for Houston's obvious high value on Watson. We should have had a higher ransom for a team jumping that far for a QB that they were desperate to get in this draft.

It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......

It's Sam Darnold! Not only will we have to give up Both 1's next year...We'll have to throw in 2019 as well.

This kid is the real deal...Take the time to check out the video on him ,then compare with Trubisky....The difference jumps out at you!!

He is the reason this FO is stock piling picks and sure as shit there are a dozen things that can go completely wrong with this strategy ,but the sample size I've seen so far (About the same as Trubisky) I believe it's worth the attempt to make it happen.

whoops....wrong quote...

Right Ags...agree 100%....

Guess...in the end....I was pretty pumped we could tap a couple great ones and was worried Shashi would do this.....and he did....

Im not pissed.....but am very very disappointed.....again.....

There's still more picks to be made though.....perhaps we can trade back into the 2nd and still get one of those DB's we need....cause, so far, no FS or CB......Just another SS to develop(3rd year in a row we've drafted one)........Kindred, Campbell and Powell are saying WTF????

We still have some ammo from the 5th to use plus a mid 2nd and top of the 3rd. Also here is an early look at winners and losers. Browns right behind SF as top 2 winners, especially when looking to 2018.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000803728/article/winners-and-losers-after-round-1-of-the-2017-nfl-draft

EDIT: There are still a lot of good players that will fall to us a 52 and 65, but it would be nice if we had a specific target we shoot for with some of those 5ths.

Right Ags...agree 100%....

Guess...in the end....I was pretty pumped we could tap a couple great ones and was worried Shashi would do this.....and he did....

Im not pissed.....but am very very disappointed.....again.....

There's still more picks to be made though.....perhaps we can trade back into the 2nd and still get one of those DB's we need....cause, so far, no FS or CB......Just another SS to develop(3rd year in a row we've drafted one)........Kindred, Campbell and Powell are saying WTF????

I don't know much about Peppers. Is he not fast enough to play FS? I only ask because I wasn't really pegging him for us. Thoughts?

He compared Foster to Ray Lewis. If peppers can play we're in good shape. Set the territorial loyalty a side. He probably fell that far because he likes his weed.

I wanted Hooker and Elflien. I think we need our own true centre.

Hard to get worked up about players taken in the fourth or lower.

WSS

Garrett was a good pick

Yep.

And the other two were good picks at the levels we got them. Peppers has the most versatility for a very versatile DC plus his STs play which adds to his value. Njoku has a very high upside in a very young player. We are in this for the long haul so I won't cry about Day 1 results, particularly since we did not take the bait in a weak QB class. That alone made it worth it to me to wait for either Darnold or Rosen, two I think are much better pro prospects by far. And now we have the ammo to get one.

52 & 65 will determine for me if this was an A class initially. Some really excellent players will be there.

BTW-Adios Devalve. You're history.

EDIT: Too bad we have JM PTSD. We shied away from Foster with his two screwups.

Archived