THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Peppers and 1st rounder

Comeonman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sick of acquiring future picks, we never use the fucking things.

I'll be rooting for the Texans to go 0-16

No need, the Brownies will stink again. Houston can come in 2nd worst.

How amazing would it be if Ruben Foster falls to the 33rd pick.

It would have been...

I don't think he made our board... too many strikes...

QB 2018, BABY!

I will be surprised if we don't spend a 2018 to help us get back into the 4th round... maybe the late 3rd.

I just don't get what they're plan is.

What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

I just don't get what they're plan is.

Really? It seems pretty obvious to me, top athletes who are versatile.

Peppers can move from the secondary into the box, Njoku, can move from inline all the way outside if necessary and I shouldn't have to get into what Garrett can do.

Was it exactly what I was hoping for? No, but I see what the FO is going for and I don't hate it in the slightest.

http://nesn.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-grades-live-analysis-for-every-first-round-pick/

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M Grade: A
Garrett is an elite pass rusher, something the Browns’ defense sorely lacked last season. Cleveland tallied the second-fewest sacks and allowed the third-most passing yards per attempt last season. Most of those struggles stemmed from not putting consistent pressure on the opposing quarterback, and Garrett should address that from Week 1. The Browns could have addressed their QB need with this pick, but taking the best player available and filling another major need was the smart move.
25. Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans): Gerbil Peppers, S, Michigan Grade: A-
The Browns continued to add to their defense in Round 1, this time in the secondary with the versatile Peppers. The Michigan safety is an excellent tackler and brings elite athleticism to Cleveland’s defense.
29. Cleveland Browns (from Green Bay Packers): David Njoku, TE, Miami (FL) Grade: A-
The Browns moved back into the first round for their third pick, and took an exceptional pass-catching tight end from Miami-FL. Jordan Cameron’s injury issues in recent seasons created a need for tight end depth in Cleveland.

Archived