THE BROWNS BOARD

Forget the Mocks, Post Your Draft Board...

Tour2ma

Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

Here ya go Fluges.....at least watch a few highlights before you kick him to the curb... ;)

And please note how he out jumps those taller WR's....over and over again....for the ints and knock downs....

Why not post actual cutups that aren't just highlights? Might find something you don't like....?

Why not post actual cutups that aren't just highlights? Might find something you don't like....?

Simple...Fluges hasnt watch a single game, so I wouldn't expect him to sit here and watch individual game tapes of the guy.....if he didnt watch one, why would he watch 40?.....I simply offered this up as a sampling of what he can do and his versatility as an offensive weapon, CB and return man...and it only takes 5 minutes instead of 40 hours....

All players have warts....Adore is no different....but if you follow the conversation, thats not the point.....

Mud, I've watched 7 full games of Adoree & the dude was played everywhere..Made for a slot corner. His Pro day he handled the height of Ju Ju Schuster up top also. AJ is a 2" smaller Trae Waynes could be. AJ has longer arms & 1 full inch longer hands than Waynes. Only thing Waynes out measured Adoree in is his 2" height difference in Broad. Trae Waynes played at Michigan St in 15..closest comparison with same competition level i could fine..Trae went 11th (I swear I have that same Deforest Buckner lost at 7 last season. As I do seeing the Saints nabbing Adoree at 32 :ph34r:) Brandon Cooks who?

Ok.....hopefully Ill get you to Adore Adore' more'...if you follow my points....

First: You've admitted you've only seen one game he played in and he left that game with an injury....so you are discounting him without even seeing what he can do or how he plays.....??

second: You claim he will be susceptible to injury, due to his size(2" and 10 lbs) and the fact that he got hurt that one time....even though he played 3 fuil college seasons w/o missing a single start....and the only injury he had was a twisted ankle(which certainly was not caused by his size)...

Comments below confirm this...correct?

I watched USC more in 2014 and 2015 than I did in 2016 (and he never jumped off the screen at me then)so here's a re-cut and paste of what I did say:

My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

Your concern about my comment before forming an opinion can go a lot wider spread than me when it comes to prospects. How many people watched very many complete games of Zah Jones or perhaps Ali Marpet (Hobart D-III) or even Carson Wentz - before adding them to their mock drafts/pecking order? We look to the highlights, rankings, workouts, height and weight - but do we ever have enough to be 100% sure? For that matter, how many of Jabril Peppers' biggest critics watched him more than once a year vrs Ohio State?

What I do know is when we didn't have a good front 7 in the last 2-3 years - our DBs were taking on some 210-240 lb RBs with a head of steam. We had a very high concussion volume in our secondary in 2015. If you're fine with a little 183 lb corner taking that on every week - ok. I just voiced my concern that I can't see it holding up at the NFL level. I finished that post with: I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I don't rank corners and never have.I always prioritize Safeties even back when Eric Berry and Joe Haden were coming out. I was hoping more for Berry than Haden at the time but so was KC. That said, but I like Haden a lot. IMO, if we're going to improve our secondary - the priority should start in the middle at Safety like Pitt did with Pollyneedsahaircut, Baltimore did with Ed Reed, and BB once did here with Eric Turner. There will be plenty of good corners available beside Jackson in what looks to be a deep draft at DB.

Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

I'd love to get #33 (Zack Cunningham) right there on that list, but I bet he is already gone by then.

No surprise, but the lowest variance belongs to MG... and not by a little.

1 Myles Garrett Texas A&M ER 63.9

Wish they posted the raw positional averages as well.

Where are the QBs, you ask?

22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... :o

Wait for it... :ph34r:

Where are the QBs, you ask?

22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... :o

Wait for it... :ph34r:

Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? :ph34r::D

Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? :ph34r::D

Always... ;)

Meanwhile back at the thread. Thought I'd do a First-Pick completely using my updated board....

Josh Jones was actually there at 3.01, but already had Adams for my SS.

Your score is: 13837 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 12: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Marcus Sanders-Williams, FS, Utah (A-)

Round 2 Pick 20: Forrest Lamp, OG/OT, Western Kentucky (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (B)

Round 4 Pick 1: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)

Round 5 Pick 1: Howard Wilson, CB, Houston (A-)

Round 5 Pick 31: Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (A-)

Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar (TX) ©

Round 6 Pick 4: Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State (B-)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

Ya know, I've been excited for this draft for A WHILE now, but I have to say....the excitement is quickly turning into outright nervousness and even anger. I'm so damn nervous that we'll completely screw it up, and the anger is forming because I'm already seeing the headlines that describe our organization's giant failure. I can just see it now. "Browns remind everyone why they completely suck every year and take a QB at #1!"

Ya know, I've been excited for this draft for A WHILE now, but I have to say....the excitement is quickly turning into outright nervousness and even anger. I'm so damn nervous that we'll completely screw it up, and the anger is forming because I'm already seeing the headlines that describe our organization's giant failure. I can just see it now. "Browns remind everyone why they completely suck every year and take a QB at #1!"

Will you leave this board and give up your Browns fan card if that happens? I think you should based on your approach.

So is this Tavern going to be open so I can communicate with you ladies whilst in my own tavern...?

Just sent email to Stan asking...

Like most, I have Myles in a cluster of one at the top. I don't think he's the best football player in this draft right now necessarily and my price for a trade down isn't THAT high, but his ceiling is higher than any other prospect and the bust potential isn't too high so I have to put him in a category of his own.

My next cluster goes like this:

2. Jonathan Allen-DT-Alabama

3. Jamal Adams-S-LSU

4. Solomon Thomas-DE/DT-Stanford

5. Reuben Foster-LB-Alabama: He would be my #2, maybe even #1, if not for his "issues".

6. Haason Reddick-OLB-Temple

6. Malik Hooker-S-Ohio State: His physicality is underrated. Not as sure a tackler as Adams but not scared either.

7. Leonard Fournette-RB-LSU: People like to say "he has no lateral agility." They fail to mention his straight line speed and explosion and power is so far above everyone else that it doesn't matter. He's an animal.

8. Dalvin Cook-RB-FSU: Tempted to put him above Fournette because of his catching ability but the gap in their running ability is just too great. I think this kid could turn into a Le'Veon Bell type-guy that catches several balls per game.

9. Taco Charlton-DE-Michigan: Kid is a beast. Freak athlete and get off for his size.

Group 3:

Derek Barnett-DE-Tennessee: Frankly, his get off is so bad at times I think it may be a stance issue. His acceleration makes up for it though. Great potential.

Antonio Garcia-OT-Troy: Just found this kid. BEST OL IN THE CLASS.

Cam Robinson-OT-Alabama

Ryan Ramczyk-OT-Wisconsin

Mitch Trubisky-QB-UNC: Best QB in this draft

Mike Williams-WR-Clemson

Corey Davis-WR-Western Michigan

Marlon Humphrey-CB-Alabama: Admittedly, I'm no expert on DBs, but I don't see how anyone thinks Lattimore is better than this kid.

Marshon Lattimore-CB-Ohio State

Tre'Davious White-CB-LSU

Chidobe Awuzie-CB-Colorado: Most have this guy lower. I like him. Not as athletic as Lattimore or Conley but adequate and he likes to hit.

K King-CB-Washington: Similar to Awuzie. Great size.

Group 4:

Roderick Johnson-OT-FSU: Super athlete. Needs to work on balance. He's strongish. I like him.

Forrest Lamp-OL-WKU: Not as high on him as some, but still pretty high.

Dion Dawkins-OL-Temple

Gareon Conley-CB-Ohio State

OJ Howard-TE-Alabama: Most would have him in the second group. I think that's overrating him. Not a huge fan.

Desmond King-CB-Iowa

Gerbil Peppers-Whatever-Michigan: Nice tackler. Questionable in coverage. Too small for LB.

Justin Evans-S-Ags: Total homer pick. Only tape I watched was against Alabama. Was this kid hungover for that game? He didn't do anything and didn't look like he wanted to be out there. However, having watched him for two years, I do believe he's a better prospect than the safeties I have below him here.

5:

Julie'n Davenport-OT-Bucknell: Awesome frame. Good feet. Good athlete. Very poor technique. Someone with a good coach and patience can turn him into an All-Pro.

Marcus Williams-S-Utah

Josh Jones-S-NCSU

Zac Cunningham-LB-Vanderbilt: Most have this guy in group 3ish. I don't like him there. Not a great tackler or block shedder in the tape I watched.

Sidney Jones-CB-Washington: I would put him in group 3 if he didn't have injury issues.

6:

Garrett Bolles-OT-Utah

David Sharpe-OT-Florida: Feel the same about him as I do Davenport except Sharpe's ceiling is lower. Very bad technique.

TJ Watt-Edge-Wisconsin: Not a fan of his at all. Looks small out there. He's an ok pass rusher but he'll get swallowed up against the run in the NFL.

Adoree Jackson-CB-USC

7:

Taylor Moten-OT-WMU: Nice size and body composition. Don't like the tape. Unathletic.

Connor McDermott-OT-UCLA: Good feet. Not much strength.

Tour, what do you think of Garcia and Davenport?

I have to disagree with your assessment of second round safeties. Nothing with Williams or Jones stood out to me. Like I said, it's a homer pick but I like what I've seen from Evans better. I think his tackling issues are technique and discipline related. He loves to lay the big hit so he doesn't wrap up. That's an easy fix.

I also throw in the caveat that I don't really do DBs lol....

Tour, what do you think of Garcia and Davenport?

I have to disagree with your assessment of second round safeties. Nothing with Williams or Jones stood out to me. Like I said, it's a homer pick but I like what I've seen from Evans better. I think his tackling issues are technique and discipline related. He loves to lay the big hit so he doesn't wrap up. That's an easy fix.

I also throw in the caveat that I don't really do DBs lol....

lol... I did get a hint from the lack of words after almost every DB was listed.

But that's, OK... I think you are way out to lunch on Taco and Barnett... Call it even?

I like Garcia. He's raw, but I see something there with which to work. His problem is he's being touted as a Day 2 pick and he's not great value there.

I can't say the same for Davenport... this class seems to have a cap at 6'6 for good OL... lone exception is Pocic, who's 6'7 per some sources, but even at 6'6 I think he's too tall to stay at Center.

My Day 3 OT is MSU's Justin Senior. Bit of a blubber-belly, but moves surprisingly well for his girth. Trim him down and muscle him up, and I think you may have something.

Time to sift through the rubble... Damn... even my failsafe QB has been taken. Only two players above my R3/4 Cusp are still available, but both those would duplicate picks we've already booked.

• Those two are underlined, but play positions we've already drafted.
  • Strikethough prospects have been selected.
  • Remaining prospects for positions we have not as yet drafted are boldfaced.
  • Italicized prospects were either added in a one earlier revision to the original posting, or just now.
My Board

1a: Myles Garrett (DE)

1b: J. Adams (SS), S. Thomas (DE), J. Allen (DT), R. Foster (ILB), M. Lattimore (CB), M. Hooker (FS), OJ Howard (TE), H. Reddick (OLB)

1/2 Cusp: D. Watson (QB), M. Trubisky (QB),

2a: M. Williams (FS), C. Gonley (CB), Z. Cunningham (OLB), C. Awuzie (CB), K. King (CB/FS) T. Watt (OLB), F. Lamp (OG/OT)

2b: J. Jones (SS), A. Jackson (CB), B. Baker (FS), T. Bowser (OLB), R. McMillan (ILB), D. Dawkins (OG/OT)

2/3: S. Jones (CB), C. Brantley (DT),L. Ogunjobi (DT), C. Godwin (WR), E. Jackson (SS)

3: J. Butt (TE), A. Shaheen (TE), M. Adams (DT), A. Anzalone (OLB), A. Garcia (OT), D. King (FS)

3/4: T. Taylor (WR), M. Maye (FS), J. Leggett (TE),

4. N. Peterman (QB), A Walker, Jr. (ILB), S. Griffin (CB), H. Wilson (CB), C. Watkins (DT), Ja. Williams (RB), G. Kittle (TE), M. Mack (RB)

4/5: S. Perrine (RB), R. Glasgow (DT), E. Vanderdoes (DT)

5a: C. Kelly (QB), R. Switzer (WR), B. Hill (RB), R. Jenkins (FS), B. Wilson (CB)

5b: J. Toth (C ), B. Langley (CB), Jalen Myrick (CB)

5/6: J. Dobbs (QB), D. Webb (QB), R. Davis (WR), Dylan Cole (OLB)

6. Z. Gonzales (K), T. Thompson (SS), J. Senior (OT), J. Chessan (WR), J. Malone (WR), TJ Logan (RB), CJ Bethard (QB), J. Ford (FS), Chase Allen (ILB)

New additions... that I never thought we'd get to...

FS:

• Rayshawn Jenkins (The U) - not the best fit, but the best, FS athlete left on the board. Might make it to 5.01...
  • Johnathan Ford (Auburn) - FS in a SS body and a final fallback for the 6th...

CB: My UH kid, my lone remaining CB, ain't gonna survive the 4th... so...

• Brandon Wilson (UH) - this other other Wilson is my backup Coug... at 5'10 was "under the radar" until he popped a 40" vertical at UH's pro day... tough kid to boot. Needs work, but will earn his spot on S/T's while doing CB grad school.
  • Jalen Myrick (MN) - undersized at 5'10, so I passed over him, but fast as hell, can elevate and can press cover.

OLB: only one to add...

• Dylan Cole (Misssouri St.) - played Sam as a Jr. and Will as a Sr. .... and got better. Pro day was awesome. Not great against the pass.

ILB: one here, too...

• Chase Allen (SIU) - better name than player, but has speed and agility to be a good S/T'er...

And that does it...

Archived