THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trade For NYJ S Calvin Pryor

First of all, ignore ghoolie the troll

Second, what does this mean position wise?

- Pryor at FS? Probably not

- Pryor at SS with Pep at SAM? Probably not

- Pryor at SS with Pep at FS? Unlikely

- Pep at SS and Pryor at a LB hybrid role? Maybe

- Pep at SS in base sets, with Pryor at SS and Pep at nickel/SAM in 4-2-5 packages? I think that's most likely.

Who knows

Pryor at full time SS, Peppers at full time SAM who slides out to $lb from time to time.

Peppers is probably our Barron/Bucannon.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goddamn, I gotta hand it to theae guys, this here... THIS is that missing piece we needed to take that next step. A fucking bust at SS. The needle just moved ladies and gents, we are on our way with Pryor.

Time for a new name.

Nobody ever said "this" was the missing piece except you. Pryor is better than who we had on the roster, period. All good teams look for small ways to get better every day, and this is yet another brick in the road.

And we didn't give up anything to get him.

Time for you to change your unrealistic expectations. The only thing that's a bust is your understanding of how good teams are actually built.

Good teams are built off the QB. From there good teams don't trade for busts and fucking trash while rebuilding. Football 101 stuff right there so not a surprise some faggot polesmoker from MA wouldn't understand the basics of the game.

I am interested to see what happens. I have heard that Wiliams will run a 4-2-5 defense a lot. Basically, 2 LB's being Collins and Kirksey with Peppers and Poyer in the box SS with a FS and the two CB's. Also, I wouldn't discount McCourty moving to FS in these types of sets. If you have Haden and BBC/Taylor on the outside and McCourty out high, this may not be so bad.

Poyer's gone to Bills..Williams will run mostly 4 2 5 or nickle. Peppers on 3rd & longs maybe resting on sidelines awaiting punt return..this is where McCourty/T.Powell &/or Pryor will see time at S/FS imo

Maybe we will just have a bunch of roaming, swarming pack of dogs, like a wolf pack...and the actual label of the position they play will be irrelevent.

Like a basketball team where all 5 guys on the court are 6'7 to 6'9 and interchangeable.

Gip, someone on this board said this D will play their way into a nickname..It may just turn out to be "Wolf Pack"....relentless in attack & pursuit.

Mike

Good teams are built off the QB. From there good teams don't trade for busts and fucking trash while rebuilding. Football 101 stuff right there so not a surprise some faggot polesmoker from MA wouldn't understand the basics of the game.

Oh look, the ESPN fanboy has an original take. How cute...

Hows trollies sloppy seconds Workin for ya?

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEI8mXpiq80

OH NO! Garrett, Shelton, Ogbah, Nassib, Brantley, Bryant, Orchard, Kirksey, Collins, Haden, Taylor, Peppers, Pryor, Kindred... Heads will roll -GHOST.

No QB, no WR, TE or RB. No offense = defense gets tired, fatigued, injured and discouraged. 2 - 14 +/- 1 win.

I'm gonna be nice and say 4-12 just to keep the Sunshine Pumpers happy...But all the same.. I see a garbage season on the horizon , again...

QB- Kessler, Osweiler, Hogan, Kiser

- Kessler has earned his right to start. He's done a lot of work to improve upon his performance last season. This will be what his first time in like 5 years that he'll have the same coach and scheme from one year to the next? I expect a nice jump in year 2. But hey, we'll see.

- If Kess can't hack it then Oz was a nice player in college and showed enough promise to warrent a nice fat salary and had not had a bad year would never have been with us. We got him and a 2nd rounder to kick the tires and see what is what.

- Hogan has a really good game that Browns Fans didn't even get the chance to see, we got to see his wheels but that was about it. He has a lot left in the tank and a ton to prove.

- If we ever get to Kiser which shouldn't be for at least a year or two away then I think we'll get to see a big QB that is smart and we'll get the results of Prescott or better in return.

- As far as the QB, any play will improve with an improved OL. Which we were able to do this offseason.

WR- Gordon, Coleman, Britt, Higgins, Peyton, Peppers*

- Gordon is the best in the game and as soon as he's allowed to play he'll prove that. He is STILL a Brown and he'll be one when the NFL allows him to do so.

- Coleman is dynamic and a hell of a wide reciever. He's like a Hines Ward, he plays bigger than his stature and he'll 2x as fast as that fat fuck.

-Britt is as good as a player as Pryor was for us last year. He'll be a solid Jurivicious type player for us.

- Higgins and Peyton are serviceable for us and gives us competitive depth.

- This WR group will be the surprise producers for this team. We'll likely get to see some good screens and some designed run plays for Peppers, and Njoku and DeValve will also be heavily featured in the WR lineup for mismatches. N/D will be not be able to be covered.

RB- Crow, Duke and a couple other guys will run free with this stout OL. Bank it. Take the over in Vegas on the Browns. You'll thank me later. :)

QB- Kessler, Osweiler, Hogan, Kiser

- Kessler has earned his right to start. He's done a lot of work to improve upon his performance last season. This will be what his first time in like 5 years that he'll have the same coach and scheme from one year to the next? I expect a nice jump in year 2. But hey, we'll see.

- If Kess can't hack it then Oz was a nice player in college and showed enough promise to warrent a nice fat salary and had not had a bad year would never have been with us. We got him and a 2nd rounder to kick the tires and see what is what.

- Hogan has a really good game that Browns Fans didn't even get the chance to see, we got to see his wheels but that was about it. He has a lot left in the tank and a ton to prove.

- If we ever get to Kiser which shouldn't be for at least a year or two away then I think we'll get to see a big QB that is smart and we'll get the results of Prescott or better in return.

- As far as the QB, any play will improve with an improved OL. Which we were able to do this offseason.

WR- Gordon, Coleman, Britt, Higgins, Peyton, Peppers*

- Gordon is the best in the game and as soon as he's allowed to play he'll prove that. He is STILL a Brown and he'll be one when the NFL allows him to do so.

- Coleman is dynamic and a hell of a wide reciever. He's like a Hines Ward, he plays bigger than his stature and he'll 2x as fast as that fat fuck.

-Britt is as good as a player as Pryor was for us last year. He'll be a solid Jurivicious type player for us.

- Higgins and Peyton are serviceable for us and gives us competitive depth.

- This WR group will be the surprise producers for this team. We'll likely get to see some good screens and some designed run plays for Peppers, and Njoku and DeValve will also be heavily featured in the WR lineup for mismatches. N/D will be not be able to be covered.

RB- Crow, Duke and a couple other guys will run free with this stout OL. Bank it. Take the over in Vegas on the Browns. You'll thank me later. :)

Kessler is a dink and dunk champion, Gordon is a purple drank pothead moron who hasn't played a snap in years now and everytime a feather blows onto the field and touches Coleman he has to go to the nurses Office with a booboo and pulled hammy. Neither NsuckU or DeValve can block and as established above have no one worth a shit at QB so their already average pass catching skills are already rendered irrelevant.

So much for the sunshine pumping.

Kessler is a dink and dunk champion, Gordon is a purple drank pothead moron who hasn't played a snap in years now and everytime a feather blows onto the field and touches Coleman he has to go to the nurses Office with a booboo and pulled hammy. Neither NsuckU or DeValve can block and as established above have no one worth a shit at QB so their already average pass catching skills are already rendered irrelevant.

Who shit on your flapjacks this morning guy?

I call it like it actually is. Too burned out by idiot regimes selling Browns fans fucking garbage year in and year out and hearing how shitty 3 win calober scrubs are elite.

Stick to the Vikings then? You won't be missed

love this guy.

ghoolies 3rd fake account?

We traded away a position of need for a different position of need. But I thought we drafted a guy for the different position of need?

Another way to look at it is, we traded a guy we got as a free agent for a younger mid 1st round pick under achiever.

An argument could be made that, on paper, it's an upgrade.

Good teams are built off the QB

This thread is about a safety. Focus, old man.

good teams don't trade for busts

He's still better than all safeties on our roster not named Peppers. "Bust" means he wasn't worth his original draft slot.. has nothing to do with whether he's an upgrade or not. If you're calling him a "bust" yet he's still unquestionably an upgrade to our roster.. then you should be supportive of any moves executed to upgrade that talent, however possible.

Side benefit: If he doesn't work out.. no worries, just cut him at any point.

Football 101

.. is just one of many classes you've failed.

Archived