THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0

Ghoolie

It's our area code.....Trubisky came up in Mentor, which is where Top Dawg lives, and about 5 miles from my house.....

You sense I look down on people from Mentor??.....wtf does that even mean.....a completely ridiculous statement.....(completely)

I have no issue with Trubs doing well and wish him the best(which Ive said many, many times).....just because I think Garrett was the better risk, does not mean I hate Trubisky....(or people from Mentor)(sheesh)(possibly the dumbest thing Ive ever heard)

What I hate is the "told ya so" before anything has even been settled with either player....or the implication(this whole tread) that, based upon 1/2 of a practice game, it is clear the Browns made some huge mistake in passing on Trubs....

In a nutshell....you just implied that I have bias against Mentor and/or Trubs(for no reason), yet cannot see your own extreme bias for Trubs...(bias can be for or against and Im just seeing it on one side here)

sorry if I struck a nerve there Mud, But you have been anti Trubisky since day one. I can't help but being a homer on that one since I watched that kid grow up and excel at every level starting with pee wee. No stage has ever been too big for him and he proved that Thursday night by starting off his stint 10 for 10 with a TD. Three years from now I hope all the experts that said this year was no good for QB's are 100% wrong.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have a few knuckleheads more excited about Trubisky than Kizer even if we also landed Garrett, Peppers and Njoku before adding Kizer while Chicago traded away picks to get Mitch L.

Nice Flug..Njoku was a thanks actually to GB which turned into Kevin King & Vince Biegel for GB. Passing on Watson at 12, booked us a 18 Texans 1st & Peppers. Meanwhile The Bad News Bears jumped 1 slot losing a 3rd-#67,a 4th-#111 & A 3rd in 2018. The Bears even Traded there 2nd Rounder to Cards #36 to try to gain some back moving to #45,gaining 119,197 & a 4th in 18.The Bears drafted 5 players with 8 depreciating starting tarts .Anywho even a B- player could become an A player with the extra tart at the 1st rounder Board. Just hit the right balloon

If Trubisky was born and raised in San Diego, this board would be dead silent on him..... you guys with your "local kid" shit are something else.

you may be right but he is local and rising to the occasion. By the way Kizer is local for us too, just a little further left about 2 hrs.

It is simple math. We have one first pick our choice was Mitch trubisky or Myles Garrett. Nobody else has a part in that equation what we did with our lower round picks has nothing to do with it.

WSS

^ Common Core Math

Go watch the Chicago game and then watch the kizer portion of ours, Trubisky is light years ahead of Kizer. You can't teach accuracy. The kid has lazer accuracy even while throwing on the run.

and I am sure that is true being that trubisky has spent a helluva lot more time with the one's than kizer has

and I am sure that is true being that trubisky has spent a helluva lot more time with the one's than kizer has

I'm pretty sure he is listed 3rd on the depth chart. I believe there are QB's that have to have time with their WR's and QB's that can hit a WR no matter where they are on the field. If you are old enough to remember John Elway was that kind of QB, Trubisky will be that kind also.

It's our area code.....Trubisky came up in Mentor, which is where Top Dawg lives, and about 5 miles from my house.....

You sense I look down on people from Mentor??.....wtf does that even mean.....a completely ridiculous statement.....(completely)

I have no issue with Trubs doing well and wish him the best(which Ive said many, many times).....just because I think Garrett was the better risk, does not mean I hate Trubisky....(or people from Mentor)(sheesh)(possibly the dumbest thing Ive ever heard)

What I hate is the "told ya so" before anything has even been settled with either player....or the implication(this whole tread) that, based upon 1/2 of a practice game, it is clear the Browns made some huge mistake in passing on Trubs....

In a nutshell....you just implied that I have bias against Mentor and/or Trubs(for no reason), yet cannot see your own extreme bias for Trubs...(bias can be for or against and Im just seeing it on one side here)

I have a bias against Mentor. It is like the biggest city in the state without a Kiwanis Club. (but that is a whole other arena)

It is simple math. We have one first pick our choice was Mitch trubisky or Myles Garrett. Nobody else has a part in that equation what we did with our lower round picks has nothing to do with it.

WSS

If you can get a similar but maybe slightly less talent at 58 and still get a premier defensive player wouldn't that be the better deal. Now if Trubs ends up being the next Aaron Rodgers then it probably doesn't equal out. But right now I would say Garrett + Kizer >> Trubs + Kpassanon, Tanoh (the next DE taken after the 58th pick).

LOL at all the overreaction. Our board has it share of locals that want Sloter to start getting first team reps because he went 5/6 in the last few minutes of the first preseason game.

I will admit that Trubs looked much better than I thought but definitely way too early to anoint him. He definitely has arm talent, but will he have the mental ability when things speed up and everyone looks covered? For instance I noticed he made a great sideline throw to a guy tightly covered when he had a guy running wide open underneath that would have been an easy throw and netted more yards. When it counts he is gong to have to progress to find those guys and thats what tends to separate the pros from the amateurs when it counts. I am not ready to anoint any of the rookies yet.

So what do you mean by nope? We have the first pick. We can either have trubisky or Garrett with first pick.

WSS

We didn't know that at the time. Lots of people thought MT would drop to 12 where we could pick him up and have both of them. I too thought that possible.....but clearly some other team (or teams) had him rated top of the heap.

If Trubisky was born and raised in San Diego, this board would be dead silent on him..... you guys with your "local kid" shit are something else.

Dunno, people on here have bitched plenty about passing up other prospects..none of which were from this area: Khalil Mack, Derek Carr...Sammy Watkins, any number of others.

Fair to say?

sorry if I struck a nerve there Mud, But you have been anti Trubisky since day one. I can't help but being a homer on that one since I watched that kid grow up and excel at every level starting with pee wee. No stage has ever been too big for him and he proved that Thursday night by starting off his stint 10 for 10 with a TD. Three years from now I hope all the experts that said this year was no good for QB's are 100% wrong.

That reminds me, Stan owes me a Mexican dinner and a pitcher of Margaritas....as I said MT would go in the Top 10.....he felt otherwise. (at least he felt he should NOT go higher than that). I will have to remind him of that. There was someone else here who got in on that bet. Can't recall who. And Stan is a Mentor home boy.

I just see Brady Quinn in Kizer, Courtney Brown in Garrett and a QB in Chicago that looks like he will be the one that got away. Teams will game plan for Garrett thus neutralizing him. Oh sure he'll get a sack here and there but the production will not out weigh passing on Trubisky.

Well that's definitely a glass half empty outlook. Teams game plan for Von Miller every game and he definitely gets his, but also our secondary benefits greatly by the qb's knowing they have to get the ball out immediately, typically have one less route to cover because they keep the back or te in to help block, and the other pass rusher is usually left one on one. Sure teams can game plan for a guy to neutralize him, but that comes at a great cost that doesn't always show up in the stat sheet. My favorite though is when the other team devotes two guys to block him and he drops into coverage and they are just standing there with nothing to do while their qb is getting harassed by the rest of the d-line.

Its funny how many on this board are so quick to label Garrett as a bust (even though camp reports have been nothing but positive) and are so sure that Trubs is a sure thing even though the hit rate of qb's is a coin flip even when taken in the top 10.

LOL at all the overreaction.

Agree. This is what happens when your favorite team is out of it in late October, and the draft talk takes over. The "what ifs" are constant, and mostly irritating to me.

I'm excited about the upcoming season.

IF teams are going to double and triple team Garrett...then I expect that the likes of Ogbah....and our LB like Collins, maybe Orchard, etc. are going to have a field day. They should.

But that is the point, they did not on Thursday when Myles was double teamed

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-how-did-the-rookie-qbs-deal-with-pressure-in-their-preseason-debuts?utm_medium=affiliate

DeShone Kizer was the star of the rookie quarterbacks under pressure, passing for 126 yards and a touchdown when facing heat in the pocket, giving him a 129.2 passer rating. He was the only rookie quarterback to have a passer rating over 100.0 when pressured, and he was pressured 13 times on 23 dropbacks.

But that is the point, they did not on Thursday when Myles was double teamed

Very small sample size... It will come. I think Dak ruined things a little last year by looking good through the preseason and then carrying that over into the regular season. A quick google search will turn up all kinds articles of how good Weeden, Bortles, Schaub, Barkley, Logan Thomas, and so many other qb's looked in the preseason that never did anything in the league.

Man,

you guys are like angry chicks getting all personally offended and bringing shit into this conversation that really have nothing to do with it.

1) Flugel....If you have been reading my posts recently you know that I am 100% pimping Kizer. Why anyone would start Ass Oiler and waste precious life is beyond me. There is no debate. Kizer is the ONLY QB we have who can be part of the future. Hue is a fucking moron. He WILL be fired.

2) Whether you guys like it or not, the Browns have been ass fucked over and over and over in the draft. Each year you guys invent bullshit to explain why not taking the very top prospects is genius that the rest of the NFL just is not smart enough to understand. We take Winslow, Manziel, Richardson, and Quinn..............They take Petersen, Ben the rapist, and Julio Jones.

If the Browns are to get to a SB, that means not only do they have to draft better than the other guys. Certainly you cannot analytically compare the performance of a QB to that of a DE. But that isn't what the fuck we are talking about. What we are talking about is a simple comparison of [WHO GOT MORE VALUE FOR THE PICK?]

Every year, the Browns get a good deal of positive press on our draft, coaches and outlook. Most of that is because the NFL pimps bad franchises to sell tickets, and the Browns still have sentimental hold on many in the industry.

However, I am talking about reality. The media experts this week are talking about Mitch Trubisky................first and foremost. Does that mean he is destined for Canton? Again, not what we are talking about.

Myels, the future Dallas Cowboy, had one fucking tackle. ONE FUCKING TACKLE..........no sacks, he didn't terrorize anyone, he ran around a lot, He got neutralized quite a bit too..........There is no story anywhere to be found that headlines....Myles Garrett stuns and impresses. Myles Garrett dominates. People who like the Browns say "he had a good game", but he had one fucking tackle.

Trubisky sizzled, and his performance have people aching to watch the Bears to see what's next with this kid. NOBODY............ and I mean NOBODOY is on pins and needles anticipating what Myles The Cowboy is going to do next week

As of week 1?

Trubisky 1 Bears1

Garrett 0 Browns 0

Now why you gotta go and make them cry?

Their tiny little fists all balled up, their eyes shut tightly with tears dripping out of the corners and all the while screaming "But Trubs is the bestest".

My favorite though is when the other team devotes two guys to block him and he drops into coverage and they are just standing there with nothing to do while their qb is getting harassed by the rest of the d-line.

My buckeye mancave sits across from a broncos fan room. my stepson's. I have tried so hard to beat this into this kids head but all I hear each week is "Why would you drop Von into coverage?" My response each week is "cus the other 2 blind dogs will follow him" Maybe this will be his year he gets it? Thanks for making my day..but damn living with a stew-pid Bronco fan is bad enough..(at least a small Sum of ya get it)

Again, here we go with Browns fans making up sit statistics that mean nothing.

Do they give a W for the plays when a QB is under pressure?

How do you compare 1 level of pressure against another? I mean, don't the Browns have the best OL in the world now? You guys always say that the OL makes the QB, so really Black Tarkenton is shit, it is his OL that made him look better.

STILL..................... Trubisky won the day. No debate, no bullshit " WELL IF YOU ONLY LOOK AT......... Doesn't work that way, cunt boys. Trubisky won the day. Nobody around the NFL is being sizzled by Kizer. He is cockeyed. He is inaccurate.

Trubisky is the shit. WE MADE THE WRONG FUCKING PICK AGAIN...........

But hey, Garrett had one tackle.

Fucking morons. I can't wait until Trubisky carves up Greg WIlliams pansy ass defense.

Its possible he could be a good QB. I thought it was a gigantic reach

Exactly. Now if the 49ers had stood pat and taken Mitch, it wouldn't have been so bad. The Bears gave up three additional draft choices to move up one spot. He better turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers. Let's not forget Garret was universally considered to be the best player in the draft, and watching the two series he was in on- rightly so.

I just see Brady Quinn in Kizer, Courtney Brown in Garrett and a QB in Chicago that looks like he will be the one that got away. Teams will game plan for Garrett thus neutralizing him. Oh sure he'll get a sack here and there but the production will not out weigh passing on Trubisky.

You don't know that. One half of the first preseason game? Chill. You don't think teams will start game planning for Trubisky? I saw a lot of roll out passes. For the record, I wanted Mitch & hated the Kizer pick. Knew if the Browns had drafted Trubs @ #1, the pundits would have had a field day ragging on the Browns for screwing up.

Didn't every single rookie qb look great? Watson, trubisky, Kizer, mahomes all had good stats.

One preseason game means jack shit

^^^ This.

That reminds me, Stan owes me a Mexican dinner and a pitcher of Margaritas....as I said MT would go in the Top 10.....he felt otherwise. (at least he felt he should NOT go higher than that). I will have to remind him of that. There was someone else here who got in on that bet. Can't recall who. And Stan is a Mentor home boy.

That would be me who was in on the bet Gip. I was hoping we'd get both Garrett and Trubisky- but no one- and I mean no one had the Bears moving up to #2 to take Mitch. (they paid Glennon all that money) You can bet the Browns at least inquired what the 49ers wanted for the #2 pick- but the price was probably too high. If the Bears hadn't gotten crazy- the Browns would probably have moved into the Jets spot to take Trubisky.

Fucking morons. I can't wait until Trubisky carves up Greg WIlliams pansy ass defense.

Don't you have a QB in Denver to jackoff to? You know, the one you said would be the next Tom Montana, but can't beat out the 7th round dude?

2) Whether you guys like it or not, the Browns have been ass fucked over and over and over in the draft. Each year you guys invent bullshit to explain why not taking the very top prospects is genius that the rest of the NFL just is not smart enough to understand. We take Winslow, Manziel, Richardson, and Quinn..............They take Petersen, Ben the rapist, and Julio Jones.

If the Browns are to get to a SB, that means not only do they have to draft better than the other guys. Certainly you cannot analytically compare the performance of a QB to that of a DE. But that isn't what the fuck we are talking about. What we are talking about is a simple comparison of [WHO GOT MORE VALUE FOR THE PICK?]

So ya'll finally do take the top prospect in the draft and you are trying to say why you should have taken someone else??? I'll trade you Lynch for Garrett any day.

And as far as value... If you want to roll with going off way to little information way too early. You are comparing a starting DE to a 3rd string qb. I am pretty sure the starter brings more value at this point.

I assume Fox needs to be fired too since he has Trubs as third string just like Hue has Kizer???

Archived