THE BROWNS BOARD

Tebow To The Jets

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ny media will eat him alive.

what would it hurt to have him on teh browns? the real question was, what would it have helped? i cant believe the number of people that still think this kid is a QB. he throws worse than colt....

Yeah, this team couldn't use a guy like Tebow. We're already loaded with playmakers.

I doubt Shurmer is capable of adjusting his "system" to take advantage of Tebow anyway. Mangini and Daboll were the only ones to sort of figure out how to use Cribbs as anything other than a WR.

A 4th and a 6th is a very reasonable price for Tebow.

thank GOD he didn't go to the browns. tebowmania might have just broken the back of the brown's FO/coaching staff that are pretty set in their ways (yeah i know.....losing).

and as for espn they'll continue to suck this kid's dick even if he did play for the browns, the jags anywhere....not just NY. he's an entity of his own media machine.

i tell you what though his 'faith' will be tested dearly here in ny. and sanchez must be wondering WTF is going at this point.

i guess tebow didn't get his way because he said he didn't care where he went as long as he was a starter. good luck with that.

If it only took a 4th rounder H&H blew it again. What would it hurt to have a him on the browns.

Well he sucks, he cant throw. In order for him to play for us, we would have to run the spread, which means a totally new offense with a different set of players that would fit that type of offense. Thats why, dude cant throw passes. I don't understand the love affair with him.

Well he sucks, he cant throw. In order for him to play for us, we would have to run the spread, which means a totally new offense with a different set of players that would fit that type of offense. Thats why, dude cant throw passes. I don't understand the love affair with him.

He took a 1-4 team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

He took a 1-4 team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

So what, he will never take a team to the SB, he cant lead you back from 14 down in the 4th quarter. And BTW you give NFL teams enough time and they would put an end to the spread stuff, you force him to pass he cant beat you. I want Super bowls, not 2nd round of the playoffs. Sanchez blows too, you want him? He has been to the AFC CHampionship before. We shouldn't be willing to settle for mediocrity, Tebow, unless he learns how to throw, will never win a championship as a starting QB in the league.

So what, he will never take a team to the SB, he cant lead you back from 14 down in the 4th quarter. And BTW you give NFL teams enough time and they would put an end to the spread stuff, you force him to pass he cant beat you. I want Super bowls, not 2nd round of the playoffs. Sanchez blows too, you want him? He has been to the AFC CHampionship before. We shouldn't be willing to settle for mediocrity, Tebow, unless he learns how to throw, will never win a championship as a starting QB in the league.

You know these things?

What are tonight's lottery numbers?

You don't know shit. I provided facts, you provided speculation. Congratulations, it's every internet argument in history.

Yeah, no fourth quarter comebacks. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/12/06/tebow-is-making-the-4th-quarter-comeback-a-habit/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=TeboTi00

Tebow will probably be starting for the Jets by the end of next season. I don't know the the Jets are thinking trading for Tebow, they just gave Sanchez a new contract, and the NY media will be screaming for Tebow after the first bad game.

I think Tebow has value even if not your starting QB. Come in and run some WildDawg, even line him up in the backfield a few times a game. A coach with some imagination could find a way to use him as a weapon. Maybe this is what the Jets have in mind.

Tebow was drafted only two years ago, the guy is young, he has already improved from his rookie year. I'd rather have him than Seneca Wallace sitting on the bench. Think of it this way, who has more upside, Tebow or Wallace?

I started to a reply to this twice but it's too dumb to respond too.

Mediocrity would be a step forward for the Browns.

You know these things?

What are tonight's lottery numbers?

You don't know shit. I provided facts, you provided speculation. Congratulations, it's every internet argument in history.

Yeah, no fourth quarter comebacks. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/12/06/tebow-is-making-the-4th-quarter-comeback-a-habit/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=TeboTi00

Did you actually watch Tebow play or just watch the highlights. The dude can't throw a football. He can't run a pro style offense, it HAS to be the spread. HE is horrid. He is the worst QB in the NFL when it comes to throwing the ball and there isn't even a close 2nd.

T. Tebow 9/26 136 5.2 0 0 52.7

T. Tebow 11/22 194 8.8 0 0 80.5

T. Tebow 13/29 185 6.4 1 3 37.9

T. Tebow 6/22 60 2.7 0 1 20.6

T. Tebow 21/40 236 5.9 1 1 68.3

T. Tebow 10/21 316 15.0 2 0 125.6 -> Pittsburgh game, best game of his career and he still below 50% passing.

T. Tebow 10/15 202 13.5 2 0 149.3

T. Tebow 9/18 143 7.9 1 0 95.4

T. Tebow 9/20 104 5.2 0 0 61.2

T. Tebow 2/8 69 8.6 1 0 102.6 -> This is for an entire game, he was the only QB.

T. Tebow 10/21 124 5.9 2 0 98.1

T. Tebow 18/39 172 4.4 1 1 56.8

T. Tebow 13/27 161 6.0 2 0 91.7

T. Tebow 4/10 79 7.9 1 0 101.7

Full yr line:

Comp Att % Yds Avg/Att TD Int Fumbles Rating

126 271 46.5 1,729 6.38 12 6 7 72.9

So exactly why again do you this this guy is any good? only 4 times did he hit the 50% mark or better and of those 4 half were exactly 50% and a third was 52.5%. The numbers get you cut. I know he runs the ball well but he can't throw. Pull up the game tape dude. He can't throw the ball. I have no faith that he can improve in this area. He also lost 4 of his last 5 games. Teams were figuring out this whole spread schtick. He isn't good. If he proves he can throw the ball consistently in the 58 percentile or better I will change my tune.

so tebow single-handedly took the broncos to the playoffs? oh thats not what you said? well...thats what you implied.

so he just wins....got it. its perfectly fair to assume he's gonna keep on going, and that NFL defenses wont figure out the gimmick offense that he forces on his OC due to his inability to play the position properly.

so look at it from this angle. when colt struggled to pick up the offense, did our system change to play to his strengths? do you think that guys who are clearly system first guys will throw out all their years of running and refining the WCO out the window to install a special offense required by this pseudo-QB to succeed? oh, he's left handed you say....awesome....we'd have the best strongside tackle in the game! oh yeah....we're gonna have a rookie on the right, or cousins.

but it was still a good idea because he just wins!

Tebow is a phenom, not a franchise QB. He will burn bright and then burn out. Do I know this? No. It's what I believe.

and as for espn they'll continue to suck this kid's dick even if he did play for the browns, the jags anywhere....not just NY. he's an entity of his own media machine.

I'm pretty sure dicksucking is something Tebow would frown upon...

Tebow will probably be starting for the Jets by the end of next season. I don't know the the Jets are thinking trading for Tebow, they just gave Sanchez a new contract, and the NY media will be screaming for Tebow after the first bad game.

Yup... or as I put it in another thread...

He's a better fit w/ NYJ, and his WildGator role will help keep things calm for a bit, but...

While I could care less about Tebow being a 110 on a 0 - 100 Jesus scale, there's a portion of the fan base that does. And they will continuously stir the pot of QB controversy for him. Once Sanchez pulls a 4Q pratfall (and he will), the NY media and more of the fan base will really pick up the Tebow chant. And any WildGator success will only fuel the replace Sanchez movement.

Bottom Line for NYJ: Full blown QB controversy in 2012 of "biblical" proportions... you know old testament, real wrath of God stuff...

As for us.. well, all the above would just happen sooner... like at signing... and at least that makes him a better fit in NYJ-land.

I gathered from the ESPN piece that Tebow was brought in just to run the gimmicks at the goal line that the Jets were succesful with when Brad Smith was there. Maybe instead of the Wilddawg they can call it the Green Jesus offense...or something.

They will need to pray that it works, because, if I recall, as mentioned, the last time we saw it, Bill Belichick was eating that gimmick alive.

Can we now conclude all the conversation about a backup QB that is probably better off going to the Canadian Football League?

Did you actually watch Tebow play or just watch the highlights. The dude can't throw a football. He can't run a pro style offense, it HAS to be the spread. HE is horrid. He is the worst QB in the NFL when it comes to throwing the ball and there isn't even a close 2nd.

T. Tebow 9/26 136 5.2 0 0 52.7

T. Tebow 11/22 194 8.8 0 0 80.5

T. Tebow 13/29 185 6.4 1 3 37.9

T. Tebow 6/22 60 2.7 0 1 20.6

T. Tebow 21/40 236 5.9 1 1 68.3

T. Tebow 10/21 316 15.0 2 0 125.6 -> Pittsburgh game, best game of his career and he still below 50% passing.

T. Tebow 10/15 202 13.5 2 0 149.3

T. Tebow 9/18 143 7.9 1 0 95.4

T. Tebow 9/20 104 5.2 0 0 61.2

T. Tebow 2/8 69 8.6 1 0 102.6 -> This is for an entire game, he was the only QB.

T. Tebow 10/21 124 5.9 2 0 98.1

T. Tebow 18/39 172 4.4 1 1 56.8

T. Tebow 13/27 161 6.0 2 0 91.7

T. Tebow 4/10 79 7.9 1 0 101.7

Full yr line:

Comp Att % Yds Avg/Att TD Int Fumbles Rating

126 271 46.5 1,729 6.38 12 6 7 72.9

So exactly why again do you this this guy is any good? only 4 times did he hit the 50% mark or better and of those 4 half were exactly 50% and a third was 52.5%. The numbers get you cut. I know he runs the ball well but he can't throw. Pull up the game tape dude. He can't throw the ball. I have no faith that he can improve in this area. He also lost 4 of his last 5 games. Teams were figuring out this whole spread schtick. He isn't good. If he proves he can throw the ball consistently in the 58 percentile or better I will change my tune.

You want over 50% completion percentage? Colt McCoy has a career 58.4% completion rate. He's also 6-15. He's won less games in his career than Tebow did last season.

You know who else runs a spread? Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees. All of those offenses are hybrid Erhardt-Perkins/ Spread offenses. But I guess NFL defenses with figure out their whole "spread" schtick too. And before you get all high on your horse, I am not comparing Tebow to any of those QB's. I'm simply listing QB's who are known for operating in a spread-style offense.

so tebow single-handedly took the broncos to the playoffs? oh thats not what you said? well...thats what you implied.

so he just wins....got it. its perfectly fair to assume he's gonna keep on going, and that NFL defenses wont figure out the gimmick offense that he forces on his OC due to his inability to play the position properly.

so look at it from this angle. when colt struggled to pick up the offense, did our system change to play to his strengths? do you think that guys who are clearly system first guys will throw out all their years of running and refining the WCO out the window to install a special offense required by this pseudo-QB to succeed? oh, he's left handed you say....awesome....we'd have the best strongside tackle in the game! oh yeah....we're gonna have a rookie on the right, or cousins.

but it was still a good idea because he just wins!

You tell me. They were 1-4 under Orton, with the same defense and same personnel. He obviously did something, whether or not you'd like to admit it.

At no point did I ever claim Tebow to be a franchise QB. But he wins games. You cannot deny that. He makes those around him play better.

I also never said anything about him being left handed, that's just you trying to pick something out of thin air to argue about, like a woman. I suppose this is all because I forgot to take out the trash last week, right?

The point is, he's a big name guy who has a winning record in the NFL, who the media loves and the fans love. He would have been great for a "new Cleveland" angle and would have put fans in the stands. Which, in turn, would have peaked interest from FA's and would have made it easier to negotiate. Then all of you whiny bitches would have less to complain about in the offseason, because more people want to play with Tebow than want to play with Colt McCoy. He is the complete antithesis of a locker room cancer; New York only got him to improve their locker room image. He would have brought media attention to Cleveland for reasons other than us sucking ass year in and out. To top it all off, he was dirt cheap. How this move doesn't make sense is beyond me.

The Tebow move looks to not be happening with the Jets.

Hopefully the Browns step in and offer what they need to to get him ... 4th and 6th ... both 4ths and a 6th ... just make it happen. This team has NO playmakers and Tebow is the definition of playmaker. I don't give a shit about his completion percentage. He is worth the gamble ... What have the Browns drafted in rounds 4-6 since 1999 better then Tebow and the potential of Tebow moving forward?? the answer is nothing.

He fills a huge whole. Not specifically a QB hole, but he fills a genral hole of a playmaker. It is a win/win in my opinion to go and trade whatever late round picks we need to get him. We either trade them and get him and have a decent playmaker or we trade guys who suck with those picks.

Atleast Tebow would make it look like we have some balls to make moves. And anyone who is against taking a gamble and trading LATE round picks for Tebow doesn't want the Browns move forward with playmakers.

The Tebow move looks to not be happening with the Jets.

Hopefully the Browns step in and offer what they need to to get him ... 4th and 6th ... both 4ths and a 6th ... just make it happen. This team has NO playmakers and Tebow is the definition of playmaker. I don't give a shit about his completion percentage. He is worth the gamble ... What have the Browns drafted in rounds 4-6 since 1999 better then Tebow and the potential of Tebow moving forward?? the answer is nothing.

He fills a huge whole. Not specifically a QB hole, but he fills a genral hole of a playmaker. It is a win/win in my opinion to go and trade whatever late round picks we need to get him. We either trade them and get him and have a decent playmaker or we trade guys who suck with those picks.

Atleast Tebow would make it look like we have some balls to make moves. And anyone who is against taking a gamble and trading LATE round picks for Tebow doesn't want the Browns move forward with playmakers.

I actually agree a 4th and 6th is worth it.

Wow, you guys are right, the trade hasn't been finalized. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/tim-tebow-trade-hits-snag-contract-language-source-says

But the Browns will sit on their hands while other teams take chances on acquiring a special talent. The price is cheap!

I've seen this movie a couple times now, we go thru 2012 winning 3-4 games again, the fans go fucking crazy, Lerner panics or Holmgren decides he has enough of the criticism and "retires" back to Seattle. We get a new President, who wants his own GM, so Heckert is out. Then we get rid of this dope Shurmur, the new coach wants to run a 3-4, so we start all over again. This team can't afford to be conservative all the time.

I truly believe Tebow should end up in Jacksonville. That is his home town/state. Their QB situation is by no means as settle as say the Jets, where he will not be offered a chance to compete for the starting job. He will get that chance in JAX.

I am not a big Tebow fan at all, but I do think that he should go somewhere that would be best for him, the team that takes him, and the league.

That is JAX. The Jets don't need Tybalt to sell tickets. The Jags do. The Jets don't need Tybalt to compete for the starting job. The Jags do...or may.

Shere Khan needs to step back in and get his boy:

Mowgli__s_New_Job_by_lamamama.jpg

Archived