THE BROWNS BOARD

Happenings Around the League

Kvoethe

On the bright side

The stoolers just made that buffoon antonio brown the highest paid receiver in the NFL.

4 yr 68 mil.

He doesnt crack the top 5 in yardage the next 4 seasons guaranteed.

They should be mediocre for the next several years.

In other news http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000787455/article/vikings-gm-everybody-hopes-bridgewater-plays-again

Zombos favorite qb may never take another snap.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F any stooler. Only thing i get out of it, Pryor's agent Drew Rosehaus is rolling in it $$..Rosehaus agent of Ant. Brown 5yrs. 73M..T Y Hilton 5yrs. 65M.(Drew owns both)Pryor..tomorrow by 4pm deadline..lets get real,Drew (Ok Ant Brown, now go mow your lawn. Fall in a pothole & break your leg :o preferable before miniskirt camp & in your Keystone Cop Jersey.)

Browns

Placed a second-round, free-agent tender on RB Isaiah Crowell. Agreed to terms with P Britton Colquitt on a four-year contract extension.

Chiefs
Released RB Jamaal Charles. Signed S Eric Berry and G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif to contract extensions.
Vikings
Declined to exercise their 2017 option on RB Adrian Peterson.
Giants
Placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on DE Jason Pierre-Paul.
Jets
Released CB Darrelle Revis. Named La'Roi Glover assistant defensive line coach. Reassigned offensive quality control coach, Robby Brown, to defensive assistant coach.
Redskins
Placed the exclusive franchise tag on QB Kirk Cousins. Tendered contracts to exclusive rights OT Ty Nsekhe and OL Vinston Painter.

Damn !

Chris Long won't be re-signing with the Patriots

So, the Pats dumped Collins, they are letting Hightower test FA, and not resigning Long.

I guess BB thinks he can win on his own brilliance alone? Well....sorry...he has won on the brilliance of Tom Brady.

From what it sounds like, Long decided not to resign with the patriots because he wanted more than spot duty in Belichicks 3-4. Seems to me he wants back with a 4-3 team where he can be regular down DE again......he looked like he dropped a few lbs when you saw him on the field for the Pats. It's understandable. Better to play meaningful snaps somewhere else than come in as a spot rusher for the Pats.

From what it sounds like, Long decided not to resign with the patriots because he wanted more than spot duty in Belichicks 3-4. Seems to me he wants back with a 4-3 team where he can be regular down DE again......he looked like he dropped a few lbs when you saw him on the field for the Pats. It's understandable. Better to play meaningful snaps somewhere else than come in as a spot rusher for the Pats.

"Thanks for the ring and career resurrection, Bill. Going to go cash in now."

Lots of rumour the Saints are shopping Brandin Cooks, Eagles and Titans leading the chase

What would the Saints want? Titans want a WR big time. Most common speculation is that they would go for Mike Williams with there #5 pick. But they also want a pass rusher.....one of the reasons why there has been speculation....at least on here, that they may offer #5 and #18 to go up to #1.

The Browns would have to consider that seriously.

What would the Saints want? Titans want a WR big time. Most common speculation is that they would go for Mike Williams with there #5 pick. But they also want a pass rusher.....one of the reasons why there has been speculation....at least on here, that they may offer #5 and #18 to go up to #1.

The Browns would have to consider that seriously.

Certainly a first rounder. If they're thinking of a rookie WR at #5 might they be better off giving it up for Cooks? Rookie contract obviously an issue.

Certainly a first rounder. If they're thinking of a rookie WR at #5 might they be better off giving it up for Cooks? Rookie contract obviously an issue.

I personally think that Williams may have a far bigger upside than Cooks at this juncture...for which the Titans may just want to stay put.

Latest report on Cleveland Browns Daily which I just heard not 15 minutes ago was that the Browns were seriously considering MT at #1.

Truth.

LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1." :) LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!!

LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1." :) LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!!

Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?

Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?

It could still happen, if the team that is picking #1 knows who they want...and if they enter into a contract with that player, then, yea, #2 could be the thing in play.

Though...I suspect that the NFL may now discourage the announcement and signing of the #1 pick...particularly now that the compensation he receives is basically predetermined.

For the NFL the draft is now very much a prime time TV show. They want big ratings....and knowing who will be taken #1 is part of the suspense of the TV show that the NFL may not want teams to mess with.

Especially in a year like this year where there is not really a consensus #1 (despite what some Gayrett fags may think)

Yes, that happened a few times before the CBA included the rookie wage scale. Teams wanted to be sure they could sign their very expensive pick.

Mario Williams signed before his name was announced. Jake Long was another.

Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.

I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.

Allen's shoulders have eliminated any lingering thoughts of him going #1... but have given rise to his being around at #12.

Now it's Garrett followed by TBD.

Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.

I'd like to see him as SS for the Browns, but would be interested to see what Williams would have him doing.

Archived