THE BROWNS BOARD

Billy Cundiff

Alkid3

There has to be a better kicker that can hit field goals better than this guy. Every time he gets ready to kick I feel like he's got a 25% chance to make it from wherever. I remember him falling down getting ready to kick against the Bengals last year when they won. Cundiff looked like a fool. And still does.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really uncool. I mean WTF

Im a firm believer in the motto, you can make light of something and still not take it lightly. Its terrible what happened, recently married to Terry Bshaws daughter only 36 yrs old.

Sorry... not hanging this one on Billy.

Doinked a low-snap induced, dubious spot and had a FG blocked by a superb edge rush.

Bullsh**! Hes like career 2% from 50+. Its not his fault for taking a job in the NFL but this FO needs to end his career for him.

You cant dismiss this position. How many games are won by 3 or less points. How many times do you NEED 50+ to win/take a lead? Im sorry but if youre not top 5 offense and defense, you need to make it up by putting points on the board.

Game 1- we dont even try a 53 yarder with NO wind, and today we doink a 50 yarder. Id be okay with one or the other over the course of an entire season, but not twice in 3 weeks...

I hope we hear others coming in for tryouts during the bye week. Were not top 5 o or d, so theres going to be times we need our kicker to make a play

Bullsh**! Hes like career 2% from 50+. Its not his fault for taking a job in the NFL but this FO needs to end his career for him.

You cant dismiss this position. How many games are won by 3 or less points. How many times do you NEED 50+ to win/take a lead? Im sorry but if youre not top 5 offense and defense, you need to make it up by putting points on the board.

Game 1- we dont even try a 53 yarder with NO wind, and today we doink a 50 yarder. Id be okay with one or the other over the course of an entire season, but not twice in 3 weeks...

I hope we hear others coming in for tryouts during the bye week. Were not top 5 o or d, so theres going to be times we need our kicker to make a play

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1

Cundiff is no Dawson but Yount has been sending some knuckle balls to the holder as of late. Lets hope its correctable

Not dismissing the position, dismissing the "arguments" being made here...

The Doink was from 50, but the block was from 36. So what's your point on the latter?

And not attempting the late FG Week 1 was still the right call... IMO...

The Doink was from 50, but the block was from 36. So what's your point on the latter?

The macro level point is that he is 21.8% career for FG's 50 and up. That is well below the average for NFL kickers in the last 10 years. We need a guy that can win us close games from the 50 and its not him.

The macro level point is that he is 21.8% career for FG's 50 and up. That is well below the average for NFL kickers in the last 10 years. We need a guy that can win us close games from the 50 and its not him.

What is the 50+ average?

How does Billy stack up 40-49? 30-39? etc.?

What is the 50+ average?

How does Billy stack up 40-49? 30-39? etc.?

Here is an excerpt from a CBS news article written in 2010. I am sure its still as good or better. I will try to crunch his other numbers later but its the 50 and up that concern me. Basically Cundiff is stuck in the 70s for his long field goal ability.

The rise in precision from 50 yards and greater has been especially dramatic:

1960s: 13.1 percent

1970s: 21.6 percent

1980s: 35.6 percent

1990s: 47.8 percent

2000s: 53.0 percent

And this year (2010), it's better still: 55.9 percent.

A block is not always on the kicker, but a doink is. He makes one or the other and we win...

We'll agree to disagree about the Steelers game

Final 8 kickers in the playoffs last year. Career stats from 50+

Steven Hauschka 7 of 13 54%

Matt Prater 21 of 27 78%

Stephen Gostowski 12 of 16 75%

Phil Dawson 28 of 40 70%

Graham Gano 12 of 18 67%

Garrett Hartley 6 of 8 75%

Adam Vinatieri 20 of 38 53%

Nick Novak 9 of 15 60%

Billy Cundiff 7 of 27 26%

Kicker makes a difference. He's gotta go...

A block is not always on the kicker, but a doink is. He makes one or the other and we win...

We'll agree to disagree about the Steelers game

This block was definitely not on Billy. The Doink may not be either if the hold was "off", i.e., angled improperly, laces, etc.

I really cannot see the hold in the footage, but it had the distance so the contact was solid. The flight looked "funny" and that can be a sign of the hold being off.

As for agreeing to disagree... I'll think about it... ;)

This block was definitely not on Billy. The Doink may not be either if the hold was "off", i.e., angled improperly, laces, etc.

I really cannot see the hold in the footage, but it had the distance so the contact was solid. The flight looked "funny" and that can be a sign of the hold being off.

As for agreeing to disagree... I'll think about it... ;)

Dont give me that "laces out" bullsh**, Jim Carey. He doinked it. And he is NOT good enough. If he stays, he costs us 2-3 more losses... 6-10 vs 9-7 because of a kicker? Could be. Did you know 20+% of nfl games have historically been decided by 3 or fewer points...

ask steve spurrier or bill parcells about kickers.

you don't make it you're baggin groceries on monday.

not blaming the L on cuntlips but if i'm not mistaken didn't he miss a chip shot xtra point last week?

Why not blame it on Cundiff?? We played well enough to win but he didnt convert.

And yes, he missed a PAT that almost costed us a game... jeesh

Yes... way too early...

...................overall. M.. A.. %.blk.lng 1-19... 20-29.... 30-39... 40-49....50+

2013 Billy Cundiff CLE K 21 26 81 1 51 0-0 0 7-7 100 6-5 83 9-7 78 4-2 50

Hanging is too good for him...

If there was a better Kicker out there, why isn't he already kicking for us?

Yes... way too early...

...................overall. M.. A.. %.blk.lng 1-19... 20-29.... 30-39... 40-49....50+

2013 Billy Cundiff CLE K 21 26 81 1 51 0-0 0 7-7 100 6-5 83 9-7 78 4-2 50

Hanging is too good for him...

If there was a better Kicker out there, why isn't he already kicking for us?

I dont know but if u ask the other 31 teams, none of them would trade their K for Cundiff straight up... i guarantee that

Archived