THE BROWNS BOARD

Gruden

hunter48

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett Favre is 6'2" and had one of the biggest arms of all-time

Johnny's 5'10" and has a average to below average arm.

Plus Brett Favre started 321 straight games, Johnny gets hurt running to the sidelines.

Maybe Gruden is posturing for Jimmy to back up the Brinks truck

Lets be clear....Gruden isnt condoning anything and not endorsing Johnnys behavior or actions.....

he is saying he wishes Johnny would get it together.....turn the corner.....go out and do it.....hopes he wakes up....(all quotes from the article)...

If Gruden were Manziel's coach, what would he tell him?

"I don't think we can report that,'' he said with a smile.

I say he'd probably do exactly what Pettine did.....

Great insight on Manziel by Gruden on Clev.com. Said if you stick with him you will be glad you did. He said he has the talent to be a good N.F.L. q.b. Pointed out reminded him of Farve who had a lot of the same issues when he first came into the league.

Johnny, get off the forum and get back to plannin' your next partae

Get your facts straight , johnny 5ft 3/4 207 ibs nfl combine stat .Guess you didn't watch Pitts. game when he was almost decapieded came right back didn't miss a play. Should of had 2 more tds Benji drop in the endzone and his 6yrd scramble that Donovan said he got robbed by the refs.Funny how the Johnny haters will come up with b.s.

No, Pettine should have given Manziel an ear full, ranted and chastised him in private and came out and told the media to shove their story up their ass and then went out and played ball. That would have garnered much more respect from the team and the fans than being a pussy whipped bitch and crying to the media, "But Johnny LIED to me!!!". Faggot. Grow a pair and be a fucking coach instead of a rat bastard.

ugggh. really?

we've seen only a small % of small QBs make it as franchise QBs in this league and to this point how really successful have they been? i'm calling one hit wonders.

u see rothlistain and ostrichweiler with a strong arm looking over the lines and completing passes without obstruction and we want to keep a fidget?

GTFO.

ugggh. really?

we've seen only a small % of small QBs make it as franchise QBs in this league and to this point how really successful have they been? i'm calling one hit wonders.

u see rothlistain and ostrichweiler with a strong arm looking over the lines and completing passes without obstruction and we want to keep a fidget?

GTFO.

And without a repeat of the Browns usual pursuit of another QB in this upcoming questionable class, what would be your alternative mik?

And without a repeat of the Browns usual pursuit of another QB in this upcoming questionable class, what would be your alternative mik?

keep johnny?

it's not up to me BUT to say the coaches are against him considering what they've known (and to find out it's actually true)........

i wouldn't be against it. but when do the browns start treating him like a gordon? yes it'd be great if he/they were on the squad and could perform like the pro glimpse that they've seen them perform at. yet is that a risk and a roster spot for another pick to try and compete without that RISK?

just asking.

keep johnny?

it's not up to me BUT to say the coaches are against him considering what they've known (and to find out it's actually true)........

i wouldn't be against it. but when do the browns start treating him like a gordon? yes it'd be great if he/they were on the squad and could perform like the pro glimpse that they've seen them perform at. yet is that a risk and a roster spot for another pick to try and compete without that RISK?

just asking.

Well what we've seen of him this season has been positive as far as on-the-field performance. The rest is personal.Whether or not he is Tom Brady has yet to be seen, but really there are probably only two or three quarterbacks in the league in that category.

Not to mention we have roster spots filled by less productive and higher paid players...

WSS

I think there is some truth regarding Gruden saying this about EVERYBODY, but at the same time, it is nice to hear a national analyst telling us that Johnny isn't a total lost cause (talent wise).

This benching hurt me a lot more than I would've guessed. I realized that he was pretty much the ONLY player I wanted to see play this week, and now he's been taken away from us. Obviously it's Johnny's fault, but that doesn't make it less frustrating. To make it worse, it appears that Johnny STILL doesn't have a clue what it takes to be a responsible adult in the NFL.

Addiction is a complicated issue, and it's definitely not as simple as "don't go to clubs." I think it's safe to say that Johnny has a severe problem. He just won the job for the rest of the year, he told everyone that he was going to lay low, and he even volunteered at a food bank which shows maturity and vision. But when given a few days off, he literally couldn't help himself. Mary Kay Cabot wrote a month ago that Manziel should have gone directly back into rehab, and at the time, I thought she was nuts. Now, I'm thinking she was correct. Addicts that don't work on their recovery wind up in three places: Jails, Institutions, and Cemeteries. This is now more than hoping he is a successful QB. Now it's about him leading a productive LIFE.

... it's definitely not as simple as "don't go to clubs."

Nice write up, but I started to wonder if that one line is true...

Is there such a thing as a social alcoholic? I ask because it's never come out that there's a pattern of drinking alone to excess... not in any reported disturbance... not in any attendance pattern. The one tardy last year was after a party at his place. The GF incident this year featured a JM who had a couple drinks, but was not intoxicated.

Nice write up, but I started to wonder if that one line is true...

Is there such a thing as a social alcoholic? I ask because it's never come out that there's a pattern of drinking alone to excess... not in any reported disturbance... not in any attendance pattern. The one tardy last year was after a party at his place. The GF incident this year featured a JM who had a couple drinks, but was not intoxicated.

The answer is that you don't have to drink alone to have an alcohol problem. In fact the friends you chose are often what AA calls enablers. They don't help you stop but in fact help you continue. Those "friends" in Austin would definitely qualify, as would the "girlfriend" who was drinking with him during his day off in Ohio. He needs a really good sponsor far more than any of his current social crowd. And as to the couple of drinks, it is not unusual at all for under reporting to accompany the problem, both to others and to self. As I said before it's a baffling problem for someone actively caught up in it. Acknowledgement is only the first step.

Those "friends" in Austin would definitely qualify, as would the "girlfriend" who was drinking with him during his day off in Ohio. He needs a really good sponsor far more than any of his current social crowd. Acknowledgement is only the first step.

exactly.....

I was shocked that his GF got trashed by mid afternoon while out with Johnny......seriously?

And he did have an old coach living with him for a while, who provided guidance...., but he cut him loose(too soon, it seems)...

People keep saying he "just had a drink", but keep ignoring the part about him being in rehab for it......

Lots of players and college age kids drink for fun......But hardly ANY of them feel the need to go to rehab.....

And Ive never seen someone go to rehab, then right back to the same behavior and have it end well......

Its not "just a night out", when you cant control it......when you've been through rehab.....or when you need to lie about it.....

I get that, but are there "alcoholics" who don't drink privately? Who drink only in "enabled", party situations?

If yes, then "staying out of clubs" could be a significant step.

EDIT: Good point about the live-in coach.

I get that, but are there "alcoholics" who don't drink privately? Who drink only in "enabled", party situations?

If yes, then "staying out of clubs" could be a significant step.

EDIT: Good point about the live-in coach.

I worked for a drug hotline for a very very short period of time.

it was a state program 4 hours a night 2 days a week drug hotline. Seriously.

Remember kids if you are taking acid and downers together do it from 6 until 8 Tuesday or Thursday!

:D

Still real alcoholism, in the eyes of many programs, can be assigned to a number of different types of behavior.

I've worked with some, the whiskey in the morning and all day long kind of guy who never really seems shithammered.

I know people who have a combination alcohol and bipolar problem who can lay in bed drunk for days at a time or go weeks without a drink.

I've known people who will let one drink turned into 50 and completely lose self control.

I've known people that hide bottles around the house.

I would imagine there's a category for every possible way Bowe can fuck up your day, a few days or a life.

Then again we all know plenty of people who have been piss drunk every once in a while and act like assholes.

WSS

Archived