THE BROWNS BOARD

Pgh should be embarrassed losing to team with that many starters gone

Clevfan4life

So many starters before they game were gone and then lost a prime player on both sides of the ball. Kruger was at 80% at best, they took him out on a lot of 1st and 2nd downs throughout the game cause he was having trouble setting the edge..the back is obviously an issue, one that hopefully is gone soon. Anyway, that was a game that by all rights should have been won by the Steelers as the Browns were a fraction of what they were the 1st game. Not to pile on Pgh, ok well maybe a little.....but Pgh is in a lot of trouble.

I think that despite the injuries this Browns team was just amped up, and were determined to lay the smackdown on them! This team may not quite be ready for the playoffs, (and who knows at it is still early in the season) but the days of being the AFC North's doormat, especially that of the Steelers are numbered.

Browns game not wisthstanding, the Steelers should be embarrassed by their overall play this year. Their lack of discipline, their lack of motivation. The list goes on.

Well at least your not in denial like your buddy Vagitard.. He's internally crushed by it all.. And frankly.. I couldn't be happier to see your team losing.

Make no mistake about it, I am crushed just as Vag is, he is a good Steeler fan. Maybe I am older and not willing to accept the "image" that Tomlin puts on this team.

I am disgusted by the product on the field!

As many of us were concerning our Browns. Now were finally reaping the benefits of decent drafting and a team truly goes as their QB goes.. albeit.. all teams need a little luck. and a little help.

Yep! I would caution any Browns fan to look at this like meeting a smokin hot lady and starting to date her. Despite how exciting it may be in the beginning..........well we all know the rest.

Browns fans have devolved a knee jerk type reaction following a great game or a horrible game by the Browns. They are probably not Super Bowl bound, they might not even make the playoffs...........but they are clearly a real team which isn't going lose the rest of their games and they are not going to collapse into embarrassment.

Well,Like all teams.. you need a little luck and you need the ball to bounce your way.. the Playfoofs are not out of reach.. but I would agree,, were not SB bound.. at least not this season. but stranger things have happened.

With all our guys healthy I would not hesitate to predict the playoffs. With the losses we had yesterday ontop of the guys that were already dinged, yeah I dunno. Losing Mack is horrible to our run game and blitz recognition. Losing Armonty is losing our best pass rusher on the defense. Possibly losing Kruger is losing our close 2nd pass rusher and best edge setter against the run. Hopefully what's going on with Rubin, Taylor and Winn is very temporary and they'll be back to full strength soon. Just too much gone on the defense right now to think the playoffs are possible. But......we do have Gordon coming back later in the season so if we can at least some of those guys healthy the offense should look even better by the end of the year, IF they stay healthy as well.

Well at least your not in denial like your buddy Vagitard.. He's internally crushed by it all.. And frankly.. I couldn't be happier to see your team losing.

I'm gonna get you a curves membership if you keep being so nice to me earthquake. I also don't want to hear about injuries. As I'm so often reminded when I post here injuries are a part of the game. We had 4 defensive starters down.

Steelers still put in some hard hits Sunday. I believe there were 2 or 3 that the crowd when "oooooh!". All delivered by Steelers on a Brown. One was Tate, another on Cameron, and I believe a third but can't recall who. Everyone bounced back up like no big thing though.

Vag... did you really post Taylor, Jones and McClendon as huge losses??? We suck, our trajectory is pointing down. The Browns are the opposite, they are trending up. Let them enjoy it and take your medicine. The shoe is now officially on the other foot, wear it, own it.

Huge losses? They are currently lost starters. I hate McClendon at the nose, we are missing ike and yes Jarvis Jones was a big loss. He was on pace for 10 plus sacks. I also do not believe the steelers are going to have a run like the browns have had the last twenty years. There is plenty of talent, just poor execution. The steelers shouldn't have a top ten offense up to the red zone and then drop to 26th. Its on Haley and really Ben as he's missed some throws and in that same breath made some ridiculous ones. The team is just very up and down.

I appreciate the solid logic but if "race" was a determining factor in Tomlin's hire, who knows how long the mediocrity could last :mad:

Just fvcking stop. I'm tired of reading about the Rooney rule. Tomlin IS a good coach that likely doesn't have as much control as he deserves or we think. Once lebeau retires I think you will see more of his mark. I also don't believe the steelers would hire a black coach that was under qualified just because he's black. If he quit tomorrow several teams would be beating down his door.

I also don't believe the steelers would hire a black coach that was under qualified just because he's black. If he quit tomorrow several teams would be beating down his door. vagimatic

I also don't believe the steelers would hire a black coach that was under qualified just because he's black. If he quit tomorrow several stupid, rooney rule teams would be beating down his door.

*** FIXED ***

Yep! I would caution any Browns fan to look at this like meeting a smokin hot lady and starting to date her. Despite how exciting it may be in the beginning..........well we all know the rest.

Browns fans have devolved a knee jerk type reaction following a great game or a horrible game by the Browns. They are probably not Super Bowl bound, they might not even make the playoffs...........but they are clearly a real team which isn't going lose the rest of their games and they are not going to collapse into embarrassment.

Agreed- let's see what happens in the next three games.

Ike Taylor, Jarvis Jones, Ryan shazier and Steve McClendon.

Ike Taylor is only a loss for the Steelers- in an already very mediocre secondary. Ike Taylor? the 34 year old Ike?

He started and got injured very early which brought in the very garbage cam Thomas.

Yup- Browns = superior depth. we didn't have Rubin OR Taylor forget that? Armonty Bryant blew out his knee early. That was the Browns second\third string D line- sorry to get you back to reality.

Vag... did you really post Taylor, Jones and McClendon as huge losses??? We suck, our trajectory is pointing down. The Browns are the opposite, they are trending up. Let them enjoy it and take your medicine. The shoe is now officially on the other foot, wear it, own it.

Ah, at least a few Steeler fans see the inevitable turn of the worm.

Archived