THE BROWNS BOARD

Winston active West Inactive

LondonBrown

Why was Terrance West inactive? From Pettine: “There wasn’t anything infraction-wise there. It was purely a coaching decision. We have a lot of confidence in Terrence, but at the same time he needs to get some things cleaned up. He’s real good when he has the ball, but just in some of the other areas of the game, he needs to improve. It also comes back, when we have the type of depth and competition, it comes down to practice. We’ll be men of our words when we say whoever practices best will be up for the game.”

From this morning's write up :

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/8756/browns-brian-hoyer-makes-plays-off-play-action

I heard they benched him in order to add roster depth on D? And then the decision to bench him over Crowell was based on the week's performance in practice. I have no solid sources just what I was told by other Browns fans at the game.

You may be right but if Winston was active then they really didn't add any D depth by benching West.

I heard they benched him in order to add roster depth on D? And then the decision to bench him over Crowell was based on the week's performance in practice. I have no solid sources just what I was told by other Browns fans at the game.

This makes the most sense to me. We were weak defensively and RB is our strongest(deepest) position. Best to sit someone here and use the spot to reinforce the defense. Maybe West was the one selected due to some attitude issues, but I think a RB would have sat no matter what.

Crowell needs to ride the pine after his three drops yesterday. Get West back in the mix.

WTF are you talking about?? He's our most explosive runner. He's an UDFA that is outplaying every RB selected in the draft, and you want to bench him because of a couple rookie mistakes??? SMH ...........

WTF are you talking about?? He's our most explosive runner. He's an UDFA that is outplaying every RB selected in the draft, and you want to bench him because of a couple rookie mistakes??? SMH ...........

I dont want to bench him yet and I am a big fan however........................he has to get a handle on the fumble fingers as it is what will determine if he is going to be elite or out of the league eventually. TONS of potential in this kid

Benching him for a quarter, or a half or even an entire game will drive home the fact that he cannot drop the ball. No doubt, the kid has a strong game and deserves to play. Heck, I'd like to see all

three rb's play every football sunday. A rotation of three talented rb's will wear down any defense leaving them gassed in the fourth quarter while opening up some play action schemes that hoys

seems very well suited for.

Crowell needs to ride the pine after his three drops yesterday. Get West back in the mix.

One was on Hoyer for a low toss, but the fumble was all on Crow. He was waving all over and got caught.

Tuck it high and tight, young man.... high and tight...

If you watched the Dallas game they used 3 backs so as to keep Murray fresh for every carry. It paid off big time for them.

Yeah, Tate's YPR avg (per game) dropped Sunday. He got a lot of touches yet didn't have any huge runs. I like the 3 back rotation too. Kinda nice though that we are still effective even when one gets a healthy scratch.

Archived