THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

The tide turned at halftime of the first game of the Mike Pettine Era.

That's when Brian Hoyer led a stunning road comeback against the Pittsburgh Steelers to erase a 27-3 lead before the Steelers managed a late FG to escape their new destiny for but a few weeks.

It would have been the greatest road comeback in NFL history ... which now belongs to: ... Brian Hoyer and the Browns who completed the task in their latest outing at Tennessee.

Since that halftime of week one, the Browns have outplayed the Steelers on every level ... they run better, they pass better, they protect better, the defense keeps them in every game until the final second, and they don't lose to crappy teams (See: Buccaneers, Tampa).

What we now know to be true is what Browns fans have waited a couple decades to know: The Browns are better than the Steelers.

However it does not, of course, become official until it is shown on the battlefield. Therefore, at about 4:15 PM on Sunday, October 12th, 2014 in Cleveland, Ohio, it becomes official and definitive: The Browns are better than the Steelers.

Let's carry this dominance out for three decades ...

Carolina at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

Reality came crashing down upon the Bungles last Sunday, and now that they have been exposed, the better teams, like Carolina will be able to further cut them down to size. The Panthers are realizing they have a chance to run away from the rest of their division and run they will ... big game on the ground for Carolina. PANTHERS 27 BUNGLES 19

Pittsburgh at Cleveland 1:00 PM

The Browns don't just perform their #1 NFL offensive efficiency on the road, just ask New Orleans. This week it is the Steelers injury riddled and talent-starved defense that gets the task of stopping a Browns train that is gathering confidence and steam. Browns will put together a performance that will put them on the National map. Three more TDs for Hoyer and another 150+ ground day for the Browns backs. BROWNS 41 STEELERS 10

Baltimore at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM

Bucs have been playing better since handing over the reigns to Mike Glennon, the Lovie defense is coming around, and if they can start to run the ball they can make a good push to rename October "Buctober". They are not quite as crappy as they were when they beat Pittsburgh, and that ought to be enough to Baltimore at home. BUCCANEERS 29 RAVENS 27

TGZ

Last Week: 3-1 straight up, 2-2 v spread.

Season: 11-7 v spread.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent analysis as always...

Once again we are faced with another "turnaround" opportunity for this franchise, another building block can be cemented. Even without Gordon, our offense should score against the steelers...it's the defense that needs to bring it.

This game has a real good look on paper and a good feel coming off a huge road win...I think the Browns defense comes up big all game long, we pound the run-option on every possession ...maybe add a punt return

Browns 31

Steelers 13

Team rushing: Pittsburgh 5th, Cleveland 13th

Team passing: pittsburgh 6th, Cleveland 10th

As usual, even your stats are wrong.

AFC Team Rushing:

Cleveland #1 @ 143 yds/game

Pukeburg #5 @ 137 yds/game

AFC Team Passing:

Cleveland #7 @ 243 yds/game

Pukeburg #4 @ 266 yds/game

And MOST imporatant:

AFC Team scoring:

Cleveland #4 @ 26 pts game

Pukeburg #10 @ 23

So, aside from the fact you can't even look up some simple stats, the most important one - SCORING- seems to be on our side.And rushing too. Maybe you looked up last years stats. Or you used aggregate numbers, when you shouldn't have, considering the Stoolers played an extra game. But facts is facts. Though I do know how you dont like real facts. Or current facts ftm.

As usual, even your stats are wrong.

AFC Team Rushing:

Cleveland #1 @ 143 yds/game

Pukeburg #5 @ 137 yds/game

AFC Team Passing:

Cleveland #7 @ 243 yds/game

Pukeburg #4 @ 266 yds/game

And MOST imporatant:

AFC Team scoring:

Cleveland #4 @ 26 pts game

Pukeburg #10 @ 23

So, aside from the fact you can't even look up some simple stats, the most important one - SCORING- seems to be on our side.And rushing too. Maybe you looked up last years stats. Or you used aggregate numbers, when you shouldn't have, considering the Stoolers played an extra game. But facts is facts. Though I do know how you dont like real facts. Or current facts ftm.

Thanks for saving me the strokes, Manzier.

These tards can get to be a lot of work.

Zombo

Thanks for saving me the strokes, Manzier.

These tards can get to be a lot of work.

Zombo

No sweat. I understand that they can't read, comprehend or add. So Im more than happy to help them with facts, stats and spelling whenever possible.

It's the least we can do.

Might as well do my picks too.

Browns - Steelers : Im not sure whats gonna happen because both teams are so up and down. But I do feel the Browns are on the rise and the Steelers aren't. And the Browns really have a chip on their shoulders and want to give a little payback. So I think they will pull it out and the Steelers will wilt and die. Right there in Cleveland Stadium. Browns 31-Stools 17

Ravens - Bucs : Think the Bucs are as bad as they seem. Maybe worse. Ravens will own them(as any quality team would) and win this one going away. Might even beat them worse than they beat the Stools. Ravens 34 - Bucs 13.

Bungles - Panthers: 2 teams that are supposed to be elite, but somehow finds ways to suck. With Cinn coming off a loss and having the home field, Ill give them the edge. Bungles 23 - Panthers 18

My stats were from the sporting news and it was apparently filtered for total yardage and average yards per rush.

Too bad your head isn't filtered. Besides, I said "since that first half" you cant just copy and paste season stats and act like you actually just made a point.

Z

Too bad your head isn't filtered. Besides, I said "since that first half" you cant just copy and paste season stats and like you actually just made a point.

Z

Aww don't work poor Vagitards brain too hard.. his vagina might start to bleed

No sweat. I understand that they can't read, comprehend or add. So Im more than happy to help them with facts, stats and spelling whenever possible.

It's the least we can do.

My stats were from the sporting news and it was apparently filtered for total yardage and average yards per rush.

Yeah. I know. It's that pesky 'read & comprehend' thing I mentioned. Plus, lots of people just post complete garbage on the web w/o ever confirming the facts. It's common, typical and expected from the brain dead. We understand.

Edit: Zombo, I apologize for allowing the drip to ruin this weeks afc thread. I should've know better. My bad.

Yeah. I know. It's that pesky 'read & comprehend' thing I mentioned. Plus, lots of people just post complete garbage on the web w/o ever confirming the facts. It's common, typical and expected from the brain dead. We understand.

Edit: Zombo, I apologize for allowing the drip to ruin this weeks afc thread. I should've know better. My bad.

I forgot about the bye week and when I googled 2014-15 rushing stats it was for whatever reason sorted by average per carry instead of per game. I post a lot via my phone and some sites aren't really mobile friendly. Either way Ben is having a nice season and bell is a monster. The game is going to hinge on the defense for both teams.

I forgot about the bye week and when I googled 2014-15 rushing stats it was for whatever reason sorted by average per carry instead of per game. I post a lot via my phone and some sites aren't really mobile friendly. Either way Ben is having a nice season and bell is a monster. The game is going to hinge on the defense for both teams.

Are we going to hear that many excuses from Tomlin after the game Sunday? Or is he just going to try and intimidate everybody into thinking he's actually a good coach?... with his huge eyes and cliches like: "we didn't play well enough," "they were the better team," and "next man up"

Weekly Results . Prev... Crnt.. YTD
Straight-up .......... 8-6 ... 2-2 .. 10-8
Vs. the spread ... 10-4 .. 2-2 .. 12-6

Carolina (+6.5 ) @ Cincinnati
Let's get the tough one out of the way first...

Bengals should bounce back after their NE drubbing, right? Plus they had a long week to prep. But they have no Green and Marvin Jones is still not ready to make his 2014 debut. Can you Sanu? Cinci will try to, but CAR's D is more than enough to hold back that weakened Ohio River tide.

On the other hand CAR's run offense has been virtually non-existent and is just starting to recoup from a spate of early injuries. Can old friend Ogby come to the rescue? His best game last year came against Cinci. Can Cam?

I see a low scoring game here... and a CAR victory...
CAR 17 CIN 13

Baltimore @ Tampa Bay (+3.0)
Only 3 points? Bucs' D is good... Glennon is back for more OJT... and it's in Tampa, but only 3 points? Best not to overthink this one...
BLT 23 TB 16

Pittsburgh (+1.5) @ Cleveland
Concerned about injuries on the D side? Don't be... No, I'm not proclaiming that their play will be miraculously better without up to 3 starters. I'm merely stating that their play will not be appreciably worse.

What I expect will be much better is the aggressiveness of the D play calling and that will produce a net improvement. Expect our aggresiveness to allow a couple quick strikes, but also produce turnovers.

On the O-side... don't be surprised if we clock in with 35 min of possession or more due to lots of immediate line-ups to limit subs without a lot of hurry up... plus a lot of rock pounding.

We grind; they strike, but we also turn them over twice... and that gives us the margin of victory.
CLE 34 PTG 24

Wow, a Steeler fan using civility... that just means they are scared for a change. LOL- just kidding but I can't wait for this game!

Baltimore should have it's name permanently changed to 'Beatawhore', just saying.

My post blew up, and I'm not in the mood to retype it- but be smart enough to look at PER GAME stats instead of TOTAL. Yeah- you played one more game doofus.

& Please- you start bringing up guys like Blunt- who's gonna get suspended- FYI, I wouldn't trade your RBs for ours straight up. Ding-a-ling Shazier is out, ditto your man crush Thomas- who only gets some love in Pissburgh.

As dumb as me saying Gabriel and Benjamin are gonna score a couple of TDs apiece against your beat up secondary, and Williams is a absolute stud @ CB.

My post blew up, and I'm not in the mood to retype it- but be smart enough to look at PER GAME stats instead of TOTAL. Yeah- you played one more game doofus.

& Please- you start bringing up guys like Blunt- who's gonna get suspended- FYI, I wouldn't trade your RBs for ours straight up. Ding-a-ling Shazier is out, ditto your man crush Thomas- who only gets some love in Pissburgh.

As dumb as me saying Gabriel and Benjamin are gonna score a couple of TDs apiece against your beat up secondary, and Williams is a absolute stud @ CB.

I was on my phone and already owned up to the mistake. When searching for rush stats why the hell would the filter be set to yards per carry average? I have no idea. Blount on the other hand was a first time offender. Find where its being implied he's going to get suspended. It certainly won't happen this season if it happens at all. Especially after they scaled things back with Mary Jane. As far as trading the tail backs are concerned there isnt a rb in the NFL I would rather have than bell and one of the best to play the game agrees. (Tomlinson)

sounds like my girl's brother's wedding in the bronx. all dressed up, took pics of everyone going into the church made it up to the doors and we both looked at each other and went to the bar across the street. got a little twisted and when we saw the first person come out went back and took more pics.

nobody ever knew we didn't go in. i mean a catholic church service? GTFO. also it might have been something about the shock i got when i touched the church door.........(omen soundtrack playing in background).

no matter what other fans think this is THE game of the new pettine era. if we bend over and get fucked again by these assholes (i guess they'd be dicks?) then we have let another season go by where the steelers use us as their whipping boy. i also agree with the other browns fans that we are playing better than the steelers and are finally on that upswing that i've been waiting for for 5 freakin years now. the key is to knock ben down soon and often. the biggest hurdle the browns have against these guys is psychological.

i don't specifically know how they're going to do it but the browns win 27-14.

I have to warn you, Z, you are about to witness, in a few hours, the shittiest shit show that has ever been. You will notice this gentleman immediately, as he towers over most people. The last time I saw this person, I was offered a ride in a squad car. The time before that, I showed up to work a day late and in a tuxedo.

Shit, I have already started. Get your liver ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fuck the Steelers

We underestimated our boys, Mud...

... ain't it grand?

Worried about Mack- Greco filled in admirably. Farmer for GM of the year. Gabriel, Crowell, Williams.

Poly-moo-moo, you guess wrong, you look REAL bad. +1, -3.

Archived