THE BROWNS BOARD

Per Nfl.com: Browns Viewed Rg3 As "too Small"

Kerrigan91

and you base than on cousins stellar nfl career?

I base that on he is a better fit for the offense Shanahan wants to run (seeing as how Grossman couldn't outrun a one-legged turtle) and he knows what he can and can't throw so he doesn't try to thread the needle between three defenders.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that the Skins are not mortgaging anything.

We are down two picks over the next two drafts (actually one, since we had 8 picks in next year's draft before the trade). So we don't have a first round pick, oh well. Shanny has shown he can find good players in the middle and late rounds (Hankerson, Helu, Royster, Riley, Gomes), which means it's not a major loss.

Even if RG3 busts, we still have a decent option at backup in Cousins (who might not be a world beater, but he is better than Grossman).

Well, "mortgaging your future" is a euphamism meaning that you gave up a significant percentage of your future valuable assets to move up to take this guy. That is a very heavy price to pay if it doesn't work out. You will have obtained ONE first round talented player...RG, instead of 3 first round talented players...who knows what those will be.

Your 3+ for 1 deal HAS to pay off.

It might. No reason that it shouldn't. But it is still a 50/50 chance of being a bust. If you have to go to Cousins then the whole venture is a complete failure..

Well, "mortgaging your future" is a euphamism meaning that you gave up a significant percentage of your future valuable assets to move up to take this guy. That is a very heavy price to pay if it doesn't work out. You will have obtained ONE first round talented player...RG, instead of 3 first round talented players...who knows what those will be.

Your 3+ for 1 deal HAS to pay off.

It might. No reason that it shouldn't. But it is still a 50/50 chance of being a bust. If you have to go to Cousins then the whole venture is a complete failure..

Redskins fans can spin it any way they want to- but the draft value chart says they gave up a first round pick that they shouldn't have had to. An extra first round pick, plus a second by the book was plenty to move up 4 spots.

And to Shanahan's genius- if he's so confident in RGIII- giving up the ranch to get him, why draft another quarterback- Kirk Cousins, in the fourth round? That move was almost universally panned as one of the dumbest picks in the entire draft.

We shall see if RGIII turns out to be > Richardson, Weeden, Schwartz, + our first round pick next year. If not, we did well to bow out of the bidding competition.

And to Shanahan's genius- if he's so confident in RGIII- giving up the ranch to get him, why draft another quarterback- Kirk Cousins, in the fourth round? That move was almost universally panned as one of the dumbest picks in the entire draft.

Maybe the Redskins had some concerns with RG3's size (aka injury concerns) as well.

Maybe it's because we are going to be getting rid of Grossman and he wants a handpicked and groomed QB backing up the franchise?

...or possibly we are going to flip him here in a year or two and get a mid round pick back?

At the time it was called a "questionable" pick, but as time progressed people began to see the wisdom in that pick.

Maybe it's because we are going to be getting rid of Grossman and he wants a handpicked and groomed QB backing up the franchise?

...or possibly we are going to flip him here in a year or two and get a mid round pick back?

At the time it was called a "questionable" pick, but as time progressed people began to see the wisdom in that pick.

You are being the biggest homer on this board.

Also, this thread is worthless. 'Oh no, the Browns management don't think my quarterback is worth 3 first round picks'. boo hoo.

You are being the biggest homer on this board.

Also, this thread is worthless. 'Oh no, the Browns management don't think my quarterback is worth 3 first round picks'. boo hoo.

How am I the "biggest homer on the board"?

By saying that Cousins was a smart pick who is better than Grossman and could reap rewards down the line? Or by not falling in line with this board by saying the Skins did a good job with the draft?

And how is that more homer than "Weeden will be better than RG3/Weeden and Richardson=playoffs/etc? I'm not saying that's idiotic to say, because the Browns may very well make the playoffs this year. A couple things have to fall in place, but that's true for every team. It's just pretty homeristic to say that though.

And if you'd have actually read the thread, you'd realize that that isn't what it was about. It was more about gouging Browns fans' reaction to what H&H put out regarding RG3.

You are asking people on a browns message board for their opinions and when you get them you cry. We did want to draft RG3 but the price was too high, now we have Rich/Weed + a first round pick in 13 and 14 (A pretty damn good combo). Both QBs have pros and cons and nobody knows what is going to happen over the next 3 years.

So what is the browns say he is small or skinny or whatever the fuck?

PS My dad is stronger than yours !

You are asking people on a browns message board for their opinions and when you get them you cry. We did want to draft RG3 but the price was too high, now we have Rich/Weed + a first round pick in 13 and 14 (A pretty damn good combo). Both QBs have pros and cons and nobody knows what is going to happen over the next 3 years.

So what is the browns say he is small or skinny or whatever the fuck?

When did I cry about someone's opinion?

I asked a question, it was answered. Not one Redskins fan here rose a stink until people started talking shit about the Skins.

I'd say the Redskins had slightly bigger needs than a backup quarterback. From the little I've read, Cousins is a rehash of Colt McCoy.

I'd say the Redskins had slightly bigger needs than a backup quarterback. From the little I've read, Cousins is a rehash of Colt McCoy.

Well, McCoy will be the Browns backup. If it is good enough for us, it is good enough for them.

The thing is, it just seems bizarre that a team would spend as much as the Skins did on their "franchise" QB, then draft his backup in the same draft in the 4th round.

Maybe it will work for them. Bon Chance.

Archived