THE BROWNS BOARD

Battle of the .500's

Tour2ma

Traveling to Arlington today to watch our streaking tribe battle the surprising Rangers.

Wife bought the tix as part of my Christmas gift. Thank God it turned out to be a nite game. Arlington is one, hot ball park.

Traveling to Arlington today to watch our streaking tribe battle the surprising Rangers.

Wife bought the tix as part of my Christmas gift. Thank God it turned out to be a nite game. Arlington is one, hot ball park.

Its awful when a team has to have a 6 game win streak just to reach .500.

Given the struggles of Kipnis and Santana... 500 ain't bad.

We lost Friday nite (I blame my wife who said, "Time to get this going," just prior to the Rangers' 4-run, bottom of the 2nd), but bounced back in games 2 and 3. Then again we only faced Darvish Friday nite... the guy is nasty, yet we still touched him for 4 runs.

On Santana... you could see he has his approach at the plate back. Friday he was just missing pitches he worked to set up. He looked even better Saturday and even better Sunday. Hopefully he is breaking out.

And the park was much breezier than I'd imagined... Lots of open breezeways for the lower level anyway. Still would not want to spend an August, day-game there, but was fairly pleasant for an 85 deg, evening game.

Archived