THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Wallace

Thomaspro

there's also the most obvious reason...............cleveland fans think about the Steelers as much, if not more, than the browns.

it's true, i have quite a few friends that are clown fans and more often than not they're aren't talking about this or that player new to the team, they're talking about the Steelers.....how much of scumbags they and their fans are, how they are about to drop off, how the fanbase isnt as good as cleveland's........but the short and long of it is that they are ALWAYS talking about the Steelers.

no other fanbase ANYWHERE does that with another city's team. so unless you somehow live in some god forsaken cleveland browns fan commune somewhere in the carolinas then you are simply full of it.

I'm assuming you are just trying to be ironic. Because after all, you are a steeler fan posting on a Browns message board.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming you are just trying to be ironic. Because after all, you are a steeler fan posting on a Browns message board.

did i say other fans NEVER think about their rivals? no.

and i come on here for comic relief. nothing is as hilarious as watching the epic cycle stain fans go through every year of "with these draft pick and new coach/system we're about to turn the corner and dominate.......here we come Super Bowl!" to the end of year "i'm done with this shit, i hate this team, they're never gonna be good" waaaaaaaaaaa-fest that is cleveland brown fandom.

but the difference between clown fans and EVERY other fan base is they almost exclusively focus on another city's team. there are plenty of rivalries in sports but i have never seen anything that even remotely resembles your typical brown fan's obsession with the Steelers and their fanbase. it would be pathetic if it weren't so funny. (from our perspective at least..........from your perspective it really is pretty pathetic)

• 2 weeks later...

You're dead wrong on Omar Khan for one.

im bored....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/49464/projecting-2013-cap-room-for-afc-north

Three AFC North teams are in great salary-cap position for the 2013 season, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

The Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns currently rank in the top three in terms of most cap room for next season. Clayton reports that the Bengals have $42 million and the Browns have $40 million. Only the Indianapolis Colts ($43 million) have more than those two AFC North teams.

The Bengals, though, will need that space to fill some holes on the team. Right tackle Andre Smith, kicker Mike Nugent and all three starting linebackers (Rey Maualuga, Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson) will be unrestricted free agents in 2013.

The Baltimore Ravens rank eighth with $15 million of cap space. Of course, the Ravens could use more considering quarterback Joe Flacco, running back Ray Rice and safety Ed Reed will be free agents. Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti expressed optimism last week that the team will sign Flacco and Rice to new deals.

The only division team that doesn't have space is the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are a projected $10 million over the 2013 cap. Their focus next offseason will be their wide receivers. The Steelers will need room to put the franchise tag on Mike Wallace if they can't sign him to a long-term deal and a first-round tender on Antonio Brown, who will be a restricted free agent next year.

------

why, wont you look at that. omar khan is a fucking god yall...have a look at his mastery!

keep kicking the can....at least they have nothing to worry about come the spending floor.

:lol:

im bored....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/49464/projecting-2013-cap-room-for-afc-north

Three AFC North teams are in great salary-cap position for the 2013 season, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

The Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns currently rank in the top three in terms of most cap room for next season. Clayton reports that the Bengals have $42 million and the Browns have $40 million. Only the Indianapolis Colts ($43 million) have more than those two AFC North teams.

The Bengals, though, will need that space to fill some holes on the team. Right tackle Andre Smith, kicker Mike Nugent and all three starting linebackers (Rey Maualuga, Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson) will be unrestricted free agents in 2013.

The Baltimore Ravens rank eighth with $15 million of cap space. Of course, the Ravens could use more considering quarterback Joe Flacco, running back Ray Rice and safety Ed Reed will be free agents. Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti expressed optimism last week that the team will sign Flacco and Rice to new deals.

The only division team that doesn't have space is the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are a projected $10 million over the 2013 cap. Their focus next offseason will be their wide receivers. The Steelers will need room to put the franchise tag on Mike Wallace if they can't sign him to a long-term deal and a first-round tender on Antonio Brown, who will be a restricted free agent next year.

------

why, wont you look at that. omar khan is a fucking god yall...have a look at his mastery!

keep kicking the can....at least they have nothing to worry about come the spending floor.

They have a stacked roster and players need to get paid. You're going to see more tough cuts each offseason as the veterans taper off skill wise and the new guys step up. The Ravens also have a few big signings and the Bengals are loading up on talent that is going to need paid as well. The only team lagging behind IN THAT COLUMN is the Browns. All that cap room is great but if you don't have players worth spending it on it's just money laying around wasted.

They have a stacked roster and players need to get paid. You're going to see more tough cuts each offseason as the veterans taper off skill wise and the new guys step up. The Ravens also have a few big signings and the Bengals are loading up on talent that is going to need paid as well. The only team lagging behind IN THAT COLUMN is the Browns. All that cap room is great but if you don't have players worth spending it on it's just money laying around wasted.

The Browns are now far less behind in the talent gap than they used to be. They may be close to being on par. A few positions certainly do need to be secured, like WR and OLB. Maybe some of the rookies they got will help with those positions. The deals for TR and BW3 are about to be completed which will probably use up a bit of their cap space.

did i say other fans NEVER think about their rivals? no.

and i come on here for comic relief. nothing is as hilarious as watching the epic cycle stain fans go through every year of "with these draft pick and new coach/system we're about to turn the corner and dominate.......here we come Super Bowl!" to the end of year "i'm done with this shit, i hate this team, they're never gonna be good" waaaaaaaaaaa-fest that is cleveland brown fandom.

but the difference between clown fans and EVERY other fan base is they almost exclusively focus on another city's team. there are plenty of rivalries in sports but i have never seen anything that even remotely resembles your typical brown fan's obsession with the Steelers and their fanbase. it would be pathetic if it weren't so funny. (from our perspective at least..........from your perspective it really is pretty pathetic)

Uhh, your the one in the Browns Forum. Were not in a Steelers forum. So, who is focusing on another city's team?

The Steelers rarely, no, almost never, lose a guy they really want to keep. Can you blame the Steelers for signing all their worthwhile talent to longterm deals? I mean they only pay players who have previously produced and will dump any player before they overpay him a cent. They cut Ward with no hestitation. It's not like they're in cap hell because they paid a fat 43 tackle who refused to play 34 nose $100 million. If the Browns are winning Super bowls, who the hell cares about the salary cap situation? It's not my money to be worried about.

so having good players means its OK to suck at your job?

It means those guys need and deserve fair market contracts. The Steelers were over the cap this season and then were under by 10 or 15M. Players are going to get cut or take restructured contracts to stay and they'll be fine once again. Why the hell would a franchise that has been so strong for so long allow their salary cap to enter the danger zone? The beyond repair zone. I'll answer for you, they wouldn't and haven't.

Gipper you're absolutely mental to even utter the words "on par with talent" when comparing the Browns to the Steelers.

Gipper you're absolutely mental to even utter the words "on par with talent" when comparing the Browns to the Steelers.

You're right. There is a severe discrepancy among the talent of the two teams.

You see, our talent won't be collecting social security in the next three years.

Except for Weeden.

Why the hell would a franchise that has been so strong for so long allow their salary cap to enter the danger zone? The beyond repair zone. I'll answer for you, they wouldn't and haven't.

lol....easy answer. the civil war vets that lead your team wont be around very much longer, and this is the last gasp at a lombardi. if the steeler way is to not play rookies till theyre ready, then you WILL be hurting when the dinosaurs start to retire. after adams and his 19 reps gets pushed around for a couple games, max starks will be back on the phone...and the scramble for a few dollars begins.

i never said players dont deserve fair market contracts....your dumb ass just threw that out there as a lame defense of why the steelers have been constantly at or over the cap. you dont have to be good to be at the cap, genius....you could be phil savage....

its a good thing wallace has been attending team workouts, eh? its not like theres a new offense being installed or anything.....(oh, i know. he'll be fine. he's a professional and the steelers will have him up to speed in no time... :lol: (he only know one route anyway.... :o ))

so, here's todays math quiz: how many restructured contracts will omar khan perform next year to come up with the 20million its gonna take to sign/franchise brown/wallace?

lmao.....

oblivious fools...lmao

who the hell cares about the salary cap situation? It's not my money to be worried about.

no offense...but why care about something you dont understand?

this has real implication to go very wrong....its not about the money... :rolleyes:

It means those guys need and deserve fair market contracts. The Steelers were over the cap this season and then were under by 10 or 15M. Players are going to get cut or take restructured contracts to stay and they'll be fine once again. Why the hell would a franchise that has been so strong for so long allow their salary cap to enter the danger zone? The beyond repair zone. I'll answer for you, they wouldn't and haven't.

I said they may be close to being on par with talent. And its true. If you broke down every single position or unit the Browns would be fairly equal overall. Sure, right now the Steelers have the advantage at QB, WR and LB. But I would take the Browns RBs, OL, DBs as a whole over theirs. DL, maybe, maybe not. As far as the Ravens go, I would have to look further into it to see how they compare. The Browns talent is young for sure, but there is talent there.

no offense...but why care about something you dont understand?

this has real implication to go very wrong....its not about the money... :rolleyes:

C'mon man. Do you really have to edit my post mid-sentence and tell me I don't understand? It's not about the money (or salary cap), it's about winning Super Bowls. If a team has built a Super Bowl caliber team and stayed under the cap by the deadlines (no matter how close), their front office has succeeded.

lol....easy answer. the civil war vets that lead your team wont be around very much longer, and this is the last gasp at a lombardi. if the steeler way is to not play rookies till theyre ready, then you WILL be hurting when the dinosaurs start to retire. after adams and his 19 reps gets pushed around for a couple games, max starks will be back on the phone...and the scramble for a few dollars begins.

i never said players dont deserve fair market contracts....your dumb ass just threw that out there as a lame defense of why the steelers have been constantly at or over the cap. you dont have to be good to be at the cap, genius....you could be phil savage....

its a good thing wallace has been attending team workouts, eh? its not like theres a new offense being installed or anything.....(oh, i know. he'll be fine. he's a professional and the steelers will have him up to speed in no time... :lol: (he only know one route anyway.... :o ))

so, here's todays math quiz: how many restructured contracts will omar khan perform next year to come up with the 20million its gonna take to sign/franchise brown/wallace?

lmao.....

oblivious fools...lmao

The only position of concern is safety with the steelers. The rest have guys waiting in the wings behind the proven veterans. The Steelers don't stretch themselves thin in that regard and Wallace has had the playbook since Haley came in to town. He's just not in on the mini camps and that's fine by me. He's not going to come in clueless and even if he DOES we still have Brown, Sanders and Cotchery. Your chicken little dance is cute but we aren't doing that same dance in Pittsburgh. The fan base is elated with the most recent draft and possibilities Haley brings to the table. You're completely naive to assume this is "one last push" for the Steelers before they fall on their face. I guess you didn't watch the draft, you know the same draft were they knocked the first 5 rounds completely out of the park from a value stand point. We'll see if it translates to the field but based on the mini camps both spence and rainey are raising eye brows. The other three just got here but apparently know the playbook according to reports from the otas.

The only position of concern is safety with the steelers. The rest have guys waiting in the wings behind the proven veterans. The Steelers don't stretch themselves thin in that regard and Wallace has had the playbook since Haley came in to town. He's just not in on the mini camps and that's fine by me. He's not going to come in clueless and even if he DOES we still have Brown, Sanders and Cotchery. Your chicken little dance is cute but we aren't doing that same dance in Pittsburgh. The fan base is elated with the most recent draft and possibilities Haley brings to the table. You're completely naive to assume this is "one last push" for the Steelers before they fall on their face. I guess you didn't watch the draft, you know the same draft were they knocked the first 5 rounds completely out of the park from a value stand point. We'll see if it translates to the field but based on the mini camps both spence and rainey are raising eye brows. The other three just got here but apparently know the playbook according to reports from the otas.

Yea, sure, you are going to repeat 1974 and have 4 Hall of Famers come out of this draft....just like the Browns drafted Hall of Famers like Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green, Brady Quinn, Kameron Wimbley, Braylon Edwards.

Maybe in fact you just repeated all the Browns picks of this sort.

Its WAY too early to grade draft picks. On paper the Steelers draft looks good, but its paper. I remember the yr the Steelers drafted Mendenhall and Sweed, that was supposed to he the second coming or something the way Steeler fans reacted. That draft was basically a bust, Mendenhall is serviceable back, hardly worth where he was drafted tho, and Sweed I think doesn't even have a team right now. Only sure things between both teams in this past draft to me are Richardson and DeCastro, the rest, we will have to see. Personally I think Mike Adams will bust, but he could prove me wrong.

C'mon man.

Thus you've proved my point. You make winning the Superbowl sound as simple as tying ones shoes. Cap management is an important step of building a franchise.....winning is much more than scoring touchdowns. Diluting the argument isn't going anywhere tho

Thus you've proved my point. You make winning the Superbowl sound as simple as tying ones shoes. Cap management is an important step of building a franchise.....winning is much more than scoring touchdowns. Diluting the argument isn't going anywhere tho

I never said anything about easily winning the Super Bowl. Cap management is signing all of your important players while getting under the cap by the deadline. That's what the Steelers did.... Diluting the argument? You cut my post off mid sentence and tried saying I don't understand... Diluting? It was a hack job.

Yea, sure, you are going to repeat 1974 and have 4 Hall of Famers come out of this draft....just like the Browns drafted Hall of Famers like Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green, Brady Quinn, Kameron Wimbley, Braylon Edwards.

Maybe in fact you just repeated all the Browns picks of this sort.

maybe.

but not likely considering our recent history and the talent of our GM to field an excellent team.

do you really think it's just one big coincidence that the Steelers are an elite franchise, and that after being excellent at their jobs for the past decade or more that our FO is going to suddenly forget how to do their jobs?

do you really think that Khan would let our salary cap get unmanageable when he's spent over a decade playing the financial dance as well as anyone in the league?

maybe.

but not likely considering our recent history and the talent of our GM to field an excellent team.

do you really think it's just one big coincidence that the Steelers are an elite franchise, and that after being excellent at their jobs for the past decade or more that our FO is going to suddenly forget how to do their jobs?

No, I don't. That was my point in another thread. The key to the Steelers success has been their front office aptitude.

Nevertheless...I am not also going to say that just because they have been that capable that everyone they take in the draft is going to become a superstart, like HOMO seems to think.

do you really think that Khan would let our salary cap get unmanageable when he's spent over a decade playing the financial dance as well as anyone in the league?

Perhaps not, but maybe the Browns now have our Captain Kirk who can defeat your Khan at that same dance.

I never said they were going to be all super stars but this is the most excited I've been about a draft class since I've been alive. DeCastro is plug and play. Adams doesn't even HAVE to start because I do believe they're still going to bring Starks back in to the fold. No matter what he was a first round talent that fell to the second round. You then add in Spence who is probably the most instinctual lb in the entire draft but fell because of his size and follow it up with Rainey in the 5th who has "Darren Sproles Type back" written all over him. He's also basically the half brother to the Pouncey Brothers having lived with them for several years in high school and then college. I still can't believe we landed DeCastro.

I never said they were going to be all super stars but this is the most exciting I've been about a draft class since I've been alive. DeCastro is plug and play. Adams doesn't even HAVE to start because I do believe they're still going to bring Starks back in to the fold. No matter what he was a first round talent that fell to the second round. You then add in Spence who is probably the most instinctual lb in the entire draft but fell because of his size and follow it up with Rainey in the 5th who has "Darren Sproles Type back" written all over him. He's also basically the half brother to the Pouncey Brothers having lived with them for several years in high school and then college. I still can't believe we landed DeCastro.

I may have forgotten that the Steelers got Rainey. I agree however with your assessment. Had the Browns retained Hillis to be their "big back", and not gone after TR, Rainey was one of the guys I thought the Browns should think hard about taking as their "scatback", their Darren Sproles type back, as you say. The other was LaMichael James...but I guess we have had our fill of LaWhatever James's around here.

On the DeCastro pick, however, I don't know why you would be so surprised. After all, he is an OG. Despite whatever quality grade he may have had, OG's don't go high. At most I would have thought he would have gone a few picks higher than the 24 he was taken at. I mean, an OG has not been taken in the top 10 of the NFL draft since 1988. In recent years the very top OGs have gone 15-16-17 at the highest.

That being said, if you are going to find a potential HOF type talent at OG, it will probably be in the 1st round of the draft.

The following are the OGs that have been taken in the first round of the draft since 1966 that are now HOFers:

Tom Mack

Gene Upshaw

Joe DeLamelleure

John Hannah

Mike Munchak

Bruce Matthews

Randle McDaniel

The only HOFer OGs who were not first round picks are Larry Little and Russ Grimm. A couple of other first round OGs that might make the HOF are Alan Faneca and Steve Hutchinson.

So, if you were going to get a real catch at OG, it would probably be in the first round.

That said, OGs seem to have become like RBs in the last decade: undervalued perhaps because of the change in the game.

And for all we also know, it may be Kevin Zeitler, OG out of Wisconsin taken at 27 by the Bengals that may be the real find at OG and not DeCastro. For all you know you have another Tom Ricketts on your hand. An OG drafted by the Steelers with the 24th pick in 1989. Played only 2-3 years before being kicked to the corner by the Steelers.

Archived