THE BROWNS BOARD

Let us all pray for blizzards in Ohio

calfoxwc

because we finally bought a snow blower. Checked around, bought a Toro

724 ZXR 24 in. SnowMaster Gas Snow Blower - has great reviews unless you have one

in Chicago after a blizzard....

36002_58441_600.jpg

and really cold temperatures, too. I cut down a three story high dead elm, cut it all up for firewood,

still splitting some of it, and my Wifie and a couple of local friends' kids will stack it all.

So I want to use the fireplace insert like crazy, since we paid a bunch of bucks to have a new

quieter fan installed in it. After 4 yrs, the bearings seem to be going, and dust bunnies were in it...

I don't have the same endurance I used to have, what with having a new knee last dec., and dropping a big

chunk of wood on my toes... in sept.

but I'm starting to get it back. But I'm retired now, and shoveling a deep snow off our driveway to show off for

my Wife isn't one of the dumb things I choose to do anymore.

Never had a snow blower..well, I did buy one at an auction, the little thing worked twice, and then would never start again,

and rusted completely out by the next year. A good friend has always done our driveway with his ATV and snowblade,

but his "running boards" rusted out from the salt. So, we bought a new one so he doesn't have to drive on the

road any more.

Our woods are beautiful this time of year, since the mosquitoes are gone, we take walks way out back.

Leaves are turning, starting to fall, and I have squirrel hunting to do. If we just had wild turkeys, I would do

that... reckon I'll have to go find a place to hunt where turkeys are. As much as I love squirrel hunting...

haven't decided to hunt deer yet. I see them most of the time when we are out back... just seems like

I'd rather watch them than have them for dinner. There is a fawn that we've often seen, as close as about

20 yards away. It just watches us, and eats, and gradually gets bored and walks out of sight...

why on earth would I join a gym ? That would be easier a workload.

724 ZXR 24 in. SnowMaster Gas Snow Blower - has great reviews unless you have one

in Chicago after a blizzard....

36002_58441_600.jpg

Well, if you get your wish, then you have to come to all our homes and use it to clear our snow.

in Chicago

Nothing but Toro mowers and blowers for us. That looks like a 2 stage big one, nice.

I bought the last 18" Toro two stroker from our dealer years back not available now, goes great.

If the snow is too high a guy two houses up has a big one.

it's self-driven adjustable speed, joystick on the handle to adjust the direction,

electric start...213 cc engine, a nice size... it's balanced really nice for turns.

The bigger ones have grip levers that you can turn one wheel off for turns, etc..

those are about a hundred pounds heavier.

Can't wait to try it out. Maybe I'll rent a snow machine !

• 2 weeks later...

I needed parts for my MTD snowblower and was pleased to see that it is a Cleveland company. :)

ordered online - to get all ready for an onslaught of probably nothing? El Nino or La Nina?

Toro is a leftist Minnesota company,and they sell em at Target just sayin

I'll be doing the neighbor's driveway, too - after getting a new knee last dec. and bruising my foot badly,

I'm in a "I can work ALL DAY long" mode anymore...

at least for a while. I'm gettin it back....

10500777.jpg

I use this. I'm built tough so I don't need no fucking snow blower.

We used to use the above snow removal apparatus for decades, my father never believed in snow blowers but then we got smart.

Our 18" Toro two stroker snowblower is fantastic, got the last one from our dealer before they were completely phased out, now environmentally prohibited! You still have to mix the gas and oil but that's no big deal plus they run much better than any four cycle machines particularly in cold weather.

And my wife loves to use it, smart eh?

We also have an 18" electric Toro which we've had for decades also outperforms any gas snowblower, the only hassle is the cord but is OK for quick cleaning.....but we prefer the two stroker most times.

I have this Craftsman snow blower. Electric start is awesome. Just plug it in and push the button. I have had it for 5+ years and never had a problem.

post-5619-0-00046900-1477927844_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I saw on the local news that exactly where my brother lives up there in the Cleveland area snow belt his town got 32" of snow!

Meanwhile we got about 1"-2" here about 60 miles SE of his locale in fact we won't see that all winter......no jinx there. :huh:

oh, man, got to use our snowblower twice now. It is absolutely awesome. I go over to the neighbor's driveway and

keep running it, it's so cool. Adj self drive, powerful shooting of snow - even really wet snow gets

5-7 '. Otherwise, it gets up to 10-15' with the dryer snow. So easy to do a driveway. I just wish

our driveway was longer now. lol

oh, man, got to use our snowblower twice now. It is absolutely awesome. I go over to the neighbor's driveway and

keep running it, it's so cool. Adj self drive, powerful shooting of snow - even really wet snow gets

5-7 '. Otherwise, it gets up to 10-15' with the dryer snow. So easy to do a driveway. I just wish

our driveway was longer now. lol

....how far are you from our house? :lol:

Archived