THE BROWNS BOARD

Statue of Satan unveiled

All part of the fringe left's culture war on everything American. Take it all down,

so you can own it. And as part of that, it's a slap in the face to our country and it's founding,

which was based on God. and satan certainly was not that. That was the point of the whole

Angelic Conflict.

I'm not an expert on this but here's what I know of this pre OT symbology. The baphomic statue isn't what concerns me about it, it's the inverted pentagram they put in there with it. The inverted pentagram is the bad news imo, not the goatman. The goat man thing was associated with very wise men in the past. The importance of the inverted pentagram is that it signifies matter over spirit. Basically in the past people who thought whatever tickles your boner in this life is what you should do no matter what, so yeah if that 9 year old girl strikes your fancy do what you want. The right side up pentagram was associated with the rule "and that it hurt no one do what thou must". Whereas the inverted pentagram people said just do what thou whilst who cares. The history of the pentagram is actually pretty fascinating.

As if Detroit does not have enough problems already:

Top 11 problems of Detroit:

1. The city's unfunded liabilities top $18 billion.

2. The city owes money to over 100,000 creditors.
3. Nearly 80,000 buildings have been abandoned and many are unsecured.
4. Population of Detroit has fallen from 1.86 million in 1950 to 700,000 today.
5. Some 47 percent of properties are delinquent in paying their taxes.
6. Police take an average of 58 minutes to respond to calls.
7. Only 8.7 percent of violent crimes are solved and Detroit has the highest crime rate in US of large cities.
8. Manufacturing jobs in the city have slid from a peak of 200,000 to just 20,000 today.
9. Only 7 percent of the city's eighth graders are proficient in reading.

10. The city manager says its retirement system is underfunded by $3.5 billion.

11. Statue of satan. (added by OBF)

As if Detroit does not have enough problems already:

Top 11 problems of Detroit:

1. The city's unfunded liabilities top $18 billion.

2. The city owes money to over 100,000 creditors.
3. Nearly 80,000 buildings have been abandoned and many are unsecured.
4. Population of Detroit has fallen from 1.86 million in 1950 to 700,000 today.
5. Some 47 percent of properties are delinquent in paying their taxes.
6. Police take an average of 58 minutes to respond to calls.
7. Only 8.7 percent of violent crimes are solved and Detroit has the highest crime rate in US of large cities.
8. Manufacturing jobs in the city have slid from a peak of 200,000 to just 20,000 today.
9. Only 7 percent of the city's eighth graders are proficient in reading.

10. The city manager says its retirement system is underfunded by $3.5 billion.

11. Statue of satan. (added by OBF)

The future of the USA if we get more weak Presidents.

The future of the USA if we get more weak Presidents.

So you think a republican president would have prevented that statue in Detroit? Do you really understand the issue so little? I mean logic pretty much baby stepped it for everyone. You steam roll over the separation of church and state for so many years, well...this is what you get.

Why do certain religions get preferential treatment?

What would happen if someone wanted the Star of David put in front of a Government building?

I'd personally have no problems with the Star of David, a Crescent or just about any symbol of any accepted and normal religion. It doesn't offend me and people who are offended are assholes. Satanists are assholes. Just doing it to shock and offend. If we had a normal system of government I judge could just say sorry pal you're being an asshole shut the fuck up. Not to mention any names but...

WSS

(but Detroit has a shiny new statue of satan)

Detroit teachers livid as they go unpaid, shortchanged

DETROIT – While some teachers might complain about the size of their paycheck, Detroit Public School teachers are hardly surprised when they don’t get a check at all.

“We need something that will effectively, regularly pay the teachers what they’re owed. They do the work. They need the pay. They need it on-time, with bills to pay. All they get now is a runaround,” Detroit Federation of Teachers President Steve Conn told Click on Detroit.

Conn raised a ruckus in the media this week after some of his members were shorted hundreds of dollars in their paychecks, while others didn’t receive a pay check at all. And it’s not the first time.

http://eagnews.org/detroit-teachers-livid-as-they-go-unpaid-shortchanged/

(but Detroit has a shiny new statue of satan)

Detroit teachers livid as they go unpaid, shortchanged

DETROIT – While some teachers might complain about the size of their paycheck, Detroit Public School teachers are hardly surprised when they don’t get a check at all.

“We need something that will effectively, regularly pay the teachers what they’re owed. They do the work. They need the pay. They need it on-time, with bills to pay. All they get now is a runaround,” Detroit Federation of Teachers President Steve Conn told Click on Detroit.

Conn raised a ruckus in the media this week after some of his members were shorted hundreds of dollars in their paychecks, while others didn’t receive a pay check at all. And it’s not the first time.

http://eagnews.org/detroit-teachers-livid-as-they-go-unpaid-shortchanged/

At least we can probably all agree this is one of those times a union is a good thing to have, no?

All part of the fringe left's culture war on everything American. Take it all down,

so you can own it. And as part of that, it's a slap in the face to our country and it's founding,

which was based on God. and satan certainly was not that. That was the point of the whole

Angelic Conflict.

The idea that the basic governmental framework of the United States was based upon the Judeo-Christian belief system is wrong. Indeed, the word "God" does not even appear anywhere in the U.S. Constitution at all. Religion itself is only overtly mentioned twice in the entirety of the Constitution:

1) Article VI, 3rd Clause: "[N]o religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States".

This simply states that there cannot be any governmental position in which being a member of a specific religion is a prerequisite to hold said office.

2) 1st Ammendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

This particular statement from the Constitution is, I'm assuming, what you're argument about how the United States was founded upon the Christian God is based upon. If that is the case, however, you are mistaken. This section of the ammendment only guarantees two essential things: firstly, that the United States government legally cannot create or enforce any law which would prohibit the reasonable practice of a citizen's religion. Secondly, it prevents the government from passing laws which could establish a national religion, provide governmental aid to any particular religion, and most importantly, protects the rights of individual citizens to chose whether or not to practice any specific religion at all.

This last part is the most important part concerning this topic. By allowing a statue of the Ten Commandments to be erected on federal or state grounds, the government is, in effect, legally endorsing the precepts of Christianity at the expense of the rights of practitioners of other religions and those who do not have a religion. Whether the fact that your Christian faith (I am assuming you are a Christian based upon your post; please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken) leads you to believe that yours is the one true religion and that others, such as Satanism in this case, are wrong or invalid beliefs, is irrelevant. The U.S. Constitution also protects THEIR rights to not recognize the Ten Commandments as law.

Hence, the government is left with two options:

1) Allow other religious groups such as Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Satanists, etc., to place their religious icons on government property with the same prominence as the Ten Commandments statue, or

2) Remove all religious icons from all government offices. Which is exactly what they have done.

TL;DR: The U.S. Government and Constitution are secular entities which protect the rights of citizens to practice religion, while not being based on or endorsing any specific religious ideology themselves.

I strongly encourage you to go to this website:

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_reli.html

to learn more about this topic. This is where I got the majority of my information from, and which I am now citing. It goes into greater depth about this topic, including what the "religious" Founding Fathers actually thought about the Government and Religion.

JB

(Edited to fix some grammatical errors and to better clarify my argument).

Cal? cal were you listening? I want a full paper written by you on Monday morning on what you just learned. For extra credit you may title the paper "Satan is my lord and master".

by 8am Monday. Depreciation of one letter grade for ever hour it's late. Double spaced 12 font, minimum 2 pages.

The idea that the basic governmental framework of the United States was based upon the Judeo-Christian belief system is wrong. Indeed, the word "God" does not even appear anywhere in the U.S. Constitution at all. Religion itself is only overtly mentioned twice in the entirety of the Constitution:

1) Article VI, 3rd Clause: "[N]o religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States".

This simply states that there cannot be any governmental position in which being a member of a specific religion is a prerequisite to hold said office.

2) 1st Ammendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

This particular statement from the Constitution is, I'm assuming, what you're argument about how the United States was founded upon the Christian God is based upon. If that is the case, however, you are mistaken. This section of the ammendment only guarantees two essential things: firstly, that the United States government legally cannot create or enforce any law which would prohibit the reasonable practice of a citizen's religion. Secondly, it prevents the government from passing laws which could establish a national religion, provide governmental aid to any particular religion, and most importantly, protects the rights of individual citizens to chose whether or not to practice any specific religion at all.

This last part is the most important part concerning this topic. By allowing a statue of the Ten Commandments to be erected on federal or state grounds, the government is, in effect, legally endorsing the precepts of Christianity at the expense of the rights of practitioners of other religions and those who do not have a religion. Whether the fact that your Christian faith (I am assuming you are a Christian based upon your post; please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken) leads you to believe that yours is the one true religion and that others, such as Satanism in this case, are wrong or invalid beliefs, is irrelevant. The U.S. Constitution also protects THEIR rights to not recognize the Ten Commandments as law.

Hence, the government is left with two options:

1) Allow other religious groups such as Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Satanists, etc., to place their religious icons on government property with the same prominence as the Ten Commandments statue, or

2) Remove all religious icons from all government offices. Which is exactly what they have done.

TL;DR: The U.S. Government and Constitution are secular entities which protect the rights of citizens to practice religion, while not being based on or endorsing any specific religious ideology themselves.

I strongly encourage you to go to this website:

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_reli.html

to learn more about this topic. This is where I got the majority of my information from, and which I am now citing. It goes into greater depth about this topic, including what the "religious" Founding Fathers actually thought about the Government and Religion.

JB

(Edited to fix some grammatical errors and to better clarify my argument).

Archived