THE BROWNS BOARD

Ah, science. Wooly mammoths, and other large animals...dinosaurs? died from natural temp spikes..after ice age

calfoxwc

That's ICE AGE. No factories, no suv's...no thermostats..

just a giant temperature rise, that apparently was a long one,

that killed the giant mammoths.

I guess those ice age humans weren't getting taxed enough...

for eating beans. And, mind you, find some way to say it's

mostly America's fault for being so wealthy, and not redistributing

it everywhere else in the world....

http://news.yahoo.com/mighty-mammoths-fell-prey-rapidly-warming-earth-121459749.html

oh and I like how now it's acceptable to speak of earthen time frames exceeding 6000 years, when something is being said that fits a persona narrative. Don't we, in the spirit of consistency, have to call this article pure rubbish because no such warming happened over a period of 60,000 years because the earth ain't been around that long?

Posted Today, 08:59 AM

That's ICE AGE. No factories, no suv's...no thermostats..

just a giant temperature rise, that apparently was a long one,

that killed the giant mammoths.

I guess those ice age humans weren't getting taxed enough...

for eating beans. And, mind you, find some way to say it's

mostly America's fault for being so wealthy, and not redistributing

it everywhere else in the world....

http://news.yahoo.co...-121459749.html

I'm confused what the point here is though. Is it that we should be concerned then about a rapidly warming climate? Or is it simply that humans couldn't possibly have been responsible for the previous warming cycle? Which I think was never in question. I think most climatologists have never had issue with the notion that the earth warms and cools in cycles. But the time frames involved always gave "most" species the time to adapt. If it happens too quickly some species may not have that time. "If" humans have contributed to the acceleration of those warming cycles might we not be fucking ourselves? Might the adaptations to warmer climates that would have naturally occurred in our genome over many many generations maybe now not have the chance to take effect? Like adapting to increased allergens in the air because plants are blooming harder? That just by itself is a pretty serious issue. I know some people absolutely get knocked the fuck out by their allergies. All of them say it was never this bad. Think of the lost productivity in our economy from 10's of millions of people who basically go to work with flu like symptoms but aren't actually sick.

oh and I like how now it's acceptable to speak of earthen time frames exceeding 6000 years, when something is being said that fits a persona narrative. Don't we, in the spirit of consistency, have to call this article pure rubbish because no such warming happened over a period of 60,000 years because the earth ain't been around that long?

Lol...irony or hypocricy? You call Woody a troll for the Noah's Ark comment, then you take a step further with that stupid 6000yr hypothesis.

That would be hypocrisy. You're a hypocrite Cleve.

Great. Now cleve says allegies are the cause of man made goober warning.

We go where no men have ever gone before, maybe, maybe not, to seek

signs of intelligence life in Cleve's posts.

You have it backwards Cal....have you really never heard of the link to allergies? I mean srsly please go other places on the internet than the blaze.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/climate-change-allergies-asthma/2163893/

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/impacts/climate-and-allergies.html#.VbVFOELH-Uk

http://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/graphics/more-co2-more-pollen

http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildlife/Global-Warming/Global-Warming-is-Causing-Extreme-Weather/Allergies.aspx

http://m.accuweather.com/en/health-articles/allergies/study-carbon-dioxide-directly/37152829

Great. Now cleve says allegies are the cause of man made goober warning.

We go where no men have ever gone before, maybe, maybe not, to seek

signs of intelligence life in Cleve's posts.

Link, schmink.

It's raining a lot this year...and ...

http://allergies.about.com/od/specificallergens/a/moldallergy.htm

and do you know it's really tough to find wheat that isn't screwed up with

pesticides, gmo crap, and herbicides?

http://kadavy.net/blog/posts/wheat-gluten-sinus/

and the increasing, widespread use of antibiotics?

http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-rise-of-gluten-intolerance/

I'm confused what the point here is though. Is it that we should be concerned then about a rapidly warming climate? Or is it simply that humans couldn't possibly have been responsible for the previous warming cycle? Which I think was never in question. I think most climatologists have never had issue with the notion that the earth warms and cools in cycles. But the time frames involved always gave "most" species the time to adapt. If it happens too quickly some species may not have that time. "If" humans have contributed to the acceleration of those warming cycles might we not be fucking ourselves? Might the adaptations to warmer climates that would have naturally occurred in our genome over many many generations maybe now not have the chance to take effect? Like adapting to increased allergens in the air because plants are blooming harder? That just by itself is a pretty serious issue. I know some people absolutely get knocked the fuck out by their allergies. All of them say it was never this bad. Think of the lost productivity in our economy from 10's of millions of people who basically go to work with flu like symptoms but aren't actually sick.

You can make an argument that humans have contributed to the increased Co2 levels. Prior to the industrial revolution starting around 1800, the C02 level in the atmosphere was around 280 ppm. Today its sits at around 400ppm, a whopping increase of 120ppm. PPM is parts per million in case you didn't know. That's my $1,000,000 to your paltry $400...miniscule, virtually nothing,. What they wont tell you is that Co2 levels began their increase before the Industrial Revolution...around 1750.

Something else you should keep in mind...500 million years ago the CO2 levels were 7,000 fucking parts parts per million. During the last 2 million years it has been as low as 180 ppm...and we're fucking worried about the miniscule human contribution and what it may do to poor mother earth?

What no one can answer is what positive effects would we experiencing today or in the future had we not contributed a smidgen of CO2 into the atmosphere.

This is nothing but a conspiracy..concocted by the UN, the IPP, and US that funds research to report to the govt what it wants to hear...global warming is the mechanism for which to advance the global redistribution of wealth. When are you liberal fuckn sheeple gonna get it. Ignorance is power.

Bet you didn't know why the Vikings named Greenland Greenland...because during the Medieval Warm Period (800-1200) it was green along the southern coasts and warm duh! Many believe that Co2 levels have no effect on climate change anyway as do I. During the Medieval Warm period the CO2 levels were about 280 ppm, which supports that hypothesis.

We're headed for an ice age in 2040 anyway due to the suns reduced activity, lets all gear up for that instead.

i'm sure there are other contributing factors to people's allergies...however the evidence that people with pollen sensitivity especially, are getting railroaded because of the specific pollen producing plants blooming earlier, harder and longer...is pretty solid and indisputable at this point. And the only reason said plants are doing that is because of rising C02 levels. Maybe that has nothing to do with us, maybe there's a genie high up in the clouds that shits C02 on us cause it doesn't like us. . I dunno, that's an entirely reasonable explanation and something that should definitely be seriously investigated.

Link, schmink.

It's raining a lot this year...and ...

http://allergies.about.com/od/specificallergens/a/moldallergy.htm

and do you know it's really tough to find wheat that isn't screwed up with

pesticides, gmo crap, and herbicides?

http://kadavy.net/blog/posts/wheat-gluten-sinus/

and the increasing, widespread use of antibiotics?

http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-rise-of-gluten-intolerance/

I wonder about the extensive use, even overdone use, of herbicides that

pretty much make soil sterile, and then the use of artificial fertiflizers

like absolutely nuts, that is getting into runoff ground water, and causing

weed growth like crazy. And seeds travel. Not a good thing for our environment

in the long run.

can't regulate pesticide makers though, couldn't dream of infringing on their free market right to make chemicals that sterilize our soil for 500-1000 years. So people have some perspective, there are farming practices that the roman empire undertook that damaged the land...and that land has only recently been able to support agriculture again. The fucking roman empire did that. Who had not one of the chemicals that we routinely put down on our soil and ahve done so for decades.

So cal, wouldn't it be tits if there was like some regulatory body that would tell people that at least some of these chemicals can't be put in the ground or if so only under very strict circumstances...? Wouldnt' that be awesome?

I wonder about the extensive use, even overdone use, of herbicides that

pretty much make soil sterile, and then the use of artificial fertiflizers

like absolutely nuts, that is getting into runoff ground water, and causing

weed growth like crazy. And seeds travel. Not a good thing for our environment

in the long run.

There is. Certifications required. but who is out there checking on the actual planting?

nobody. Big rains, roundup flows into creeks and streams, etc. Soil is being poisoned,

for some big farmer's pocketbooks, and they don't care, because eventually, they will

sell their land for hundreds of thousands, even millions, of dollars to developers.

That almost happened here. But a lot of us made speeches one night, at a big meeting

with the local zoning commission, and the giant developer company lost on raising

the zoning to multifamily, etc. Hundreds of houses and apts and complexes would have been built.

But, the zoning commision listened to us, and the stupid company bailed on the purchase, rendered

it null and void. Hence, the auction happened, and we ended up getting our farm on a great, great deal,

because it sold last. Right off our side and back yard.

Growing naturally is a lot more expensive, time consuming, and harder on equipment. But, is it

worth it in the long run? I don't believe it is.

A well known big farmer, with all the license etc, over-sprayed a 400 yard length of

wild rasberry and blackberry bushes on a neighbor's farm with roundup.

Killed the entire fence row. Greed of big farming prevails. Same farmer told me that I was

an idiot for rejecting roundup - it was so safe he could drink it.

Freakin ass. Look at the latest reports on roundup.

NCDA&CS - SPCAP - Pesticides

www.ncagr.gov/SPCAP/pesticides/license.htm

Commercial and Private Certification & Licensing. Certification is required for farmers(private applicators) wishing to apply restricted use pesticides to an ...

Farmer Pesticide Training Certificate Course

www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/prm12233

The Farmer Pesticide Certification course is a tool intended to help farmers to reduce risks associated with pesticide use.

EPA: Pesticides - Certification and Training of ...

www.epa.gov/oppfead1/safety/applicators/applicators.htm

Certification and Training of Pesticide Applicators . Certain Pesticides may be applied only by or under the direct supervision of specially trained and certified ...

There is. Certifications required. but who is out there checking on the actual planting?

nobody. Big rains, roundup flows into creeks and streams, etc. Soil is being poisoned,

for some big farmer's pocketbooks, and they don't care, because eventually, they will

sell their land for hundreds of thousands, even millions, of dollars to developers.

That almost happened here. But a lot of us made speeches one night, at a big meeting

with the local zoning commission, and the giant developer company lost on raising

the zoning to multifamily, etc. Hundreds of houses and apts and complexes would have been built.

But, the zoning commision listened to us, and the stupid company bailed on the purchase, rendered

it null and void. Hence, the auction happened, and we ended up getting our farm on a great, great deal,

Growing naturally is a lot more expensive, time consuming, and harder on equipment. But, is it

A well known big farmer, with all the license etc, over-sprayed a 400 yard length of

Killed the entire fence row. Greed of big farming prevails. Same farmer told me that I was

I have a soybean field on my right and also one on my left but the one on my right directly borders my yard and after all the rain a big ass patch of my front grass out by the street turned brown as hell and won't grow. You reckon that's roundup runoff? I mean overall it's only a small portion of my grass and it's two acres off of the house but it still pisses me off

You betcha. The soybeans are all roundup-ready, as in, roundup proof.

The big farmers have to grow them that way. Monsanto rules.

There is runoff, and there is overspray from a slight breeze.

I've been told that once roundup is sprayed, you can't plant much in the soil for about two weeks.

Maybe monsanto has worked on that. But it isn't good stuff.

The alternative, is to plow/disc the fields really well, probably rototill them to kill the weeds physically,

and then plant. Big costs to all that. But, when the soybeans grow, they have to be sprayed one more time

to knock the weeds back, or the weeds take over, and the combines won't havest the beans efficiently at all.

Thnk maybe the EPA should be given more balls to go up against assholes like Monsanto?

Archived