THE BROWNS BOARD

So what does Cleveland do about Gordon?

domcucch1994

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And have to go through this again next offseason when he fucks up?

No way! 3 strikes and he is out!

If his suspension doesn't count against the 53 man roster, then why cut him?

He's not getting paid

I wonder if some people were told that there wasn't a Santa Clause while they were still in their cribs.

1. He cant stay on the field

2. He cant keep his nose clean

3. It sends a wrong message to the locker room to keep a guy who keeps getting himself jammed up.

Sorry bub, this is where you are wrong.

Yeah let's think about what kind of a message it sends to the locker room. They know this kid. They KNOW him and what it all means to him. You do not. Think about what it tell them when they see a teammate singled out and attacked and the FO turns tail and ditches him when the chips are high. Think about that for a little bit before you spew more venom from your froth.

Keep him. As long as he doesn't count against the 53 man roster. Let him sit out the season

Yup

Keep him.

It costs nothing and who knows, he might have a useful season left. Hit that 20 dealer, there are four aces in the deck.

WSS

Yup

Keep him because he doesn't count against the cap. If he fucks up after the suspension, cut him.

More than that- he still will get tested DURING the suspension.

I'd cut him. He hasn't stayed out of trouble since he's been in college. How many times does he get to mess up, apologize, and be accepted back into the fold? Just like Johnny, hes all talk, no action. I'm sorry he had a rough childhood, but he's no different than MANY children growing up that way. It doesn't give him any excuses anymore. He's made his way out of that. If anything it should make him even MORE determined to do better.

He was not only not helpful in his return this season, he was a hindrance. He played lazy and uninspired. It may not cost the team anything to keep him, but what good does it do? If he can't stay out of trouble, and therefore can't play, why are we wasting our time trying to babysit him?

I don't know if he's an addict. Frankly I don't think that's the problem. I think he's lazy, and too immature to get what he's doing to himself and the team.

"Play like a Brown" is nothing more than talk if the team doesn't back it up with action. No better than those players who keep screwing up, apologizing, and screwing up again. Why should they do any different if the team doesn't act on the talk either?

Cut him right now. How many times do we have to go thru this ?

He had his chances, he fucked up not once, not twice...

Please. He's making excuses with his off field issues, he has an horrific attitude on the field.

Enough

Cut him: How does his FA tag work on him now? Out 2015 and can play 2016 season under his contract than a FA 2017 (pending Josh and most guys will play their ass off for a contract year). I also assume he cannot eat up someone's camp time in 2015? Trade Him: At this time he has no value for any team but Browns for 2016 Draft and we need piece's. Keep Him: For now YES!!!

I say keep him. Some people worry about the message it sends the team. My feeling is it also sends a message to players on the team that we try to stick with our guys. It's not like he keeps screwing up and we keep playing him. I don't see any double standard at issue here.

I don't see the logic behind cutting him at this point. Plus, we haven't even been given final word the guy has been suspended. Maybe the league will find that maybe the testing for alcohol is a bit draconian and changes their position. It's not like the guy was arrested for DUI or public drunkenness.

I doubt the league changes position on anything so soon after the changes last year. So he'll be suspended, without pay, and his contract rolls on another year - we still have him under contract for 2 more seasons. If he can stop the stupid mistakes (harder when he's not in the building) then he's an asset.

fuck that.

cut him now.

worry about what type of message it sends to keep a loser on the team? you're god damned right!

keep him around for another year.....play like a brown.......another leftover of the fucked up dealings/misdealings of the FO of the past...............

look i feel for the kid. but i can do that from afar. no way does this dude stay on this team and continue to just throw an egg on the face of the browns franchise.

you want to see laughing stock of the league? keep manziel and gordon and the browns are the best comedians in the league.

Cut him, trade him, keep him?

I'd say cut this prick and let him learn the hard way

They have to get rid of him, regardless if via Trade or Waiver.

Don't imagine there will be much of a trade market for him, despite his potential HOF talent. Just too much of a risk.

If neither the staff nor the players can depend on him being on the field - brush aside all the pro- or negative feelings about him and the constraints he's been put under by the NFL - he shouldn't be on the roster.

Now the team has TWO more distractions that it needs heading into next season.

Makes absolutely no sense to cut him.

He won't be a distraction because he won't be on the roster and he won't be around the team.

When he comes back he has two years left on his contract.

This is an issue for training camp 2016. Nothing to do with him now..

Cut him now, he signs with another team next year and we get nothing for him ... why?

Zombo

Makes absolutely no sense to cut him.

He won't be a distraction because he won't be on the roster and he won't be around the team.

When he comes back he has two years left on his contract.

Cut him now, he signs with another team next year and we get nothing for him ... why?

Zombo

That is how I see it. It is in the Browns best interest not to cut him right now.

Not to cop out, but I think it's a very close call between keep and cut. For me it would turn on what JG has to say (has said) about his questionable effort in his last four games and ultimately showing late for the meeting.

So this time there is no Camp during the suspension period as was the case in 2014? It's a complete "ban"?

I'm strongly on the cut him bandwagon assuming the suspension holds up. I just don't understand how many times someone can justify a person being an idiot. His open letter was nothing more than a feel bad for me for making stupid mistakes. He may go on from the Browns and be great who knows. But what's the cut off for you guys before it moves from keeping him to cut him? How many more times does it take of making the same mistakes? How many times can a guy make the Browns organization look bad? I get the talent but it's time to part ways from this crap.

I liked the letter even if JG did get some help from a public relations consultant in writing it. I thought he tried to justify or make excuses for some of his poor decisions which he needs to look at. I don't buy the first time he drank he got busted. It doesn't work that way. This kind of drama is played out amongst many of the NFL clubs right now which to me is just a reflection of our society today. I just think it is in the Browns best interest to keep him at this time.

So if you keep him and he comes back and takes a roster spot then when he gets banned for life what do you get? Nothing. Cut his ass.

and if you cut him you get nothing ....guaranteed

but if you keep him....there is at least the chance that....

1) he may become a great receiver for your team...

2) we may be able to trade him for something in return....

Not saying it will happen, but it costs us zero to try.......so why not?

and if you cut him you get nothing ....guaranteed

but if you keep him....there is at least the chance that....

1) he may become a great receiver for your team...

2) we may be able to trade him for something in return....

Not saying it will happen, but it costs us zero to try.......so why not?

The problem is we've made this statement before just last year. How many times can this be said before it's not worth it to even have the guy around? Also, nobody would trade for the guy at this point, not even a 7th round pick. I'd argue it does cost the team too. WR's may hesitate to come here knowing he may be back. Cleveland media will still focus on him. There's a lot of residual effects. He's had his chance and blew it time and time again. Sometimes you gotta cut bait and move on.

Does anybody remember what happened to our offense when he returned from his suspension this year? Hoyer went to sh** because he kept forcing balls to Gordon, and nothing good ended up happening. He showed no effort, and seemed to be completely lost in the offense despite being around the team the entire suspension. Now he faces a full-year ban where he won't even be allowed anywhere near the facility.

I say cut him. We don't need all this drama and BS for a WR who only had 1 good season. Who's to say he can even come back to form after nearly missing two full seasons?? Plus, he might've been a star in Norv Turner's system, but we don't even know if he's worth it in our new system under Flip.

I was Gordon's biggest supporter with the second-hand smoke suspension, and I thought he got the raw end of that deal; however, drinking on an airplane when you know you're not allowed to drink... stupid. If he didn't know the terms of his "probation"... even more stupid. If he got on a plane on its way to Vegas with a bunch of guys who are going to be drinking... stupidest...

The kid may get it together someday, but let him get it somewhere else. We need to move on as an organization and a team.

Archived