THE BROWNS BOARD

Open Letter *from* Josh Gordon

gftChris

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he didn't write it, but it certainly hits home on people pre-judging him and the obstacles he has faced/caused.

And explains the suspensions.

He sure passed a lot of tests.

How does someone not let him know that the testing continues after the regular season? Browns? Agent? Mgr? Maybe he needs to get married, his wife would know every detail of any suspension, and every dollar.

Zombo

So what ? It's not others fault. Man up bro. Stop telling us "oh i didn't know, it's not my fault, I thought so bla-bla-bla"

You either a pro or you're not. This is all on you buddy. This isn't stephen a or chuck's fault.

YOU are the dude that's gonna get suspended ONCE AGAIN.

Stop making excuses.

Certainly fits what I have always wanted to believe about the test results... and about Chris Carter's pontification.

That said, I think the letter fell short in explaining two points:

• the drinking on the plane; and
  • his poor performance at the end of the season culminating in being late.
Mistakes? Yes, but why were they made?

If this is indeed what actually happened, then I revoke my previous statement on him not giving a fuck.

This letter is a fantastic (clearly ghost written) glimpse into Gordon's psyche and motivations. It shows you where he comes from and maybe where he wants to go. You know what would be a better proof of maturation, however?

Playing an entire season.

Do that, and we're golden. Stop "making mistakes" or "putting yourself in bad situations".

The only suspension I'd accept is the one he gets for knocking Manziel the fuck out and telling him to leave him alone.

If this is indeed what actually happened, then I revoke my previous statement on him not giving a fuck.

You know what would be a better proof of maturation, however?

Playing an entire season.

Do that, and we're golden. Stop "making mistakes" or "putting yourself in bad situations".

This would be my stance with both Josh and Johnny.....simply put.......shut up and prove it.

Until then, Im "uninvested".....

Definitely ghost written.i hate to sound harsh but his "life story" is a match with 100 other NFL guys who don't keep "making mistakes". At this point sad to say if he is truly not an addict or set medicating an underlying medical condition he is a pure dumbass. I personally believe he is firmly in denial but that's just my opinion. I can tell you that when first confronted with friends calling out my addiction I answered with very similar sentiments as Josh. I SINCERELY believed I wasn't an addict for years. I of course was wrong. Thank god I finally figured out it was not my past, not my friends, not my bad conscious decisions, not a few mistakes but a debilitating disease. But hey that's my story perhaps his is different.

Eh call me whatever for this but after reading every word of this I feel no different. I respect Gordon for getting out of poverty and as a personal advocate for social matters can understand how difficult it is to escape that life he grew up in. But you can only cry wolf so many times before I just don't believe it. I don't even think it's an addiction thing just more a guy who doesn't wanna get his life together. Words are words but actions are louder.

The one red flag I saw was when JG said he tested positive for pot from second hand smoke. That is not impossible but it is unlikely.

Not at the levels in effect at the time, OBF... it's one of the reasons the levels were changed.

I am kinda curious as to the other Browns on the "private flight". Should take all of a week before that info comes out.

Definitely ghost written.i hate to sound harsh but his "life story" is a match with 100 other NFL guys who don't keep "making mistakes". At this point sad to say if he is truly not an addict or set medicating an underlying medical condition he is a pure dumbass. I personally believe he is firmly in denial but that's just my opinion. I can tell you that when first confronted with friends calling out my addiction I answered with very similar sentiments as Josh. I SINCERELY believed I wasn't an addict for years. I of course was wrong. Thank god I finally figured out it was not my past, not my friends, not my bad conscious decisions, not a few mistakes but a debilitating disease. But hey that's my story perhaps his is different.

As is mine Jcam. Even as I was suffering through some gruesome shit still held onto the lie that I had it all under control and that the world was just out to shit on me.

I'm not going to sit here and call Josh and addict. That's not my place nor does anyone truely know the asnswer to that question but Flash himself. I will however, from a distance, draw parallels to my own experiences.

In reality none of us know a goddamn thing about Flash. I just wish him the best and pray that if he does suffer from addiction that may his fall to the bottom be fast and brutal and his recovery a success. The majority of true addicts do not recover until they have destroyed every trace of their true self.

When you're on probation for a DUI it is.

What problem are you fixing exactly? An alleged drinking problem or a problem understanding when the league season ends? Perhaps the former Browns WR coach who appears to have been on that same plane should have said something to Josh.

What problem are you fixing exactly? An alleged drinking problem or a problem understanding when the league season ends? Perhaps the former Browns WR coach who appears to have been on that same plane should have said something to Josh.

I think the main issue is at what point does an adult have to act like one?

Addiction in general, I have a dear family member that went from one vice to another. Keeping them abstinent from substance usually forces someone to confront themselves and their addictions.

And even if the NFL isn't fixing anything, who gives a flying fuck? You're mandated to not consume whilst on DUI - don't do it. Pretty simple math.

Not at the levels in effect at the time, OBF... it's one of the reasons the levels were changed.

I am kinda curious as to the other Browns on the "private flight". Should take all of a week before that info comes out.

There were pictures a while back, it was the WR group, plus Haden.

There were pictures a while back, it was the WR group, plus Haden.

Ya I saw the picture on instagram or something. There was a token white guy ... i think the receivers coach that left with Shanny. I guees no one said "Josh are sure it's OK to drink now?"

Z

Some of guys are quick to call it a 'disease'? Like he said, you guys don't know shit.

A man opens up to the world about his problems, you guys see excuses. Pity.

Yeah we should definitely throw a little pity party for every millionaire who fucks up and blames it on their childhood. Sorry if sob stories mean exactly jack shit to me. I grew up rough too and it didn't stop me from living a productive life.

Archived