THE BROWNS BOARD

Conspiracy Theories

The Gipper

Here you go, this thread should engender some discussions. Below is a list of a dozen famous "conspiracy theories". Tell whether you believe that they are true or false...and why!!:

1. Lee Harvey Oswald did not kill Kennedy...or he did not act alone

2. Area 51. They have alien technology there and develop from it.

3. Secret Societies attempt to control the world: Illuminati, Bilderberg, etc.

4. An alien craft crash landed at Roswell.

5. The Moon Landing was Faked

6. Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married and had children

7. Men in Black do exist to protect us from aliens...or to keep alien secrets secrets

8. Subliminal messages and advertising is put into TV shows.

9. Earth was visited by aliens in ancient times

10. Elvis lived. He faked his death to get away from it all.

11. There are hidden reptilian beings among us.

12. The Holocaust was faked....or vastly overexaggerated.

Give your views.

Here you go, this thread should engender some discussions. Below is a list of a dozen famous "conspiracy theories". Tell whether you believe that they are true or false...and why!!:

Here are my views.

1. Lee Harvey Oswald did not kill Kennedy...or he did not act alone.

Absolutely true. There is just way, way too much hinky about the situation to believe he acted alone. Not sure if he was a "patsy" as he claimed. (It is possible)....but at minimum he acted in concert with others. His murder by a former Chicago based mobster, now turned soldier for the New Orleans mob...is enough to convince me there was much more going on. Likely a mob hit.

Probably not alien technology....but certainly the highest classified military technology was being developed and tested there.

Well, the Bilderbergs and Illuminati do or did exist. If they didn't want to control the world per se....they certainly want to vastly influence what goes on in the world.

I honestly do not believe this happened. It was a coverup for some top secret military mission that went wrong. But, all the prevarication by the government over it certainly fueled the rumors.

Not at all. Saying it was faked would mean an awful lot of people are lying....and a lot of heroes are fake. No...we landed on the moon. We should have a program to go back.

I think it is certainly possible.

7. Men in Black do exist to protect us from aliens...or to keep alien secrets secrets

There was a group out there at one time doing things that could not really be explained. Whether their mission was about aliens...or merely intelligence gathering or suppression of information I don't know. But yes...some kind of covert group of this sort did operate.

I don't think there is any doubt about this. I mean, it certainly happens. It could be as benign as "buy corn flakes"...or in some cases it could be more sinister.

9. Earth was visited by aliens in ancient times.

I doubt it....but I don't discount the possibility. I do not believe for a moment that "we are alone".

No. Elvis died. Only his memory and music lived on.

No. No parallel evolution took place that resulted in intelligent reptilian species.

No. Anyone that believes this is a pure anti-Semite. It is possible that the holocaust was actually worse that the 6 million number that they quote.

Give your views.

True to the second part, he definitely didn't act alone

False

If the Rothschilds are in the illuminati then I rate the claim true

False

False

Plausible

False, the alien part - potentially men in black exist to protect other secrets though

True

False

False

True, one of them almost became president

False

Give your views.

I'm sure there's aliens out there given how enormous the universe is and how many potentially habitable planets we've discovered from afar - I strongly doubt any of them have visited us and mostly doubt that any would have the capability to visit us - though it's plausible

Having read about this fairly extensively I ultimately think he did, in fact, act alone.

No, although electronics made a really vast leap really quickly. I could see where it would be a theory.

Probably true. Man has a lust for power.

I doubt it

No, but I don't know why no one has ever bothered to go back. According to what I've read there's fairly extensive mineral wealth on the moon. You'd think it would be a free-for-all to grab it.

I barely believe in the existence of the J Man as is. I couldn't care less what he did if he lived at all.

Intelligence services are pretty secretive but I doubt their mission is to protect us from Aliens. We have a hard enough time protecting ourselves from other humans

Indubitably. Many agendas are pushed subliminally through advertising.

I'm sure there is alien life. I don't know how many, if any, of them have mastered the secrets of interstellar travel though. That would take a very highly advanced society. If theyr'e anything like mankind which is a fair assumption, they're probably as self-limiting as we are.

No he was a fat unhealthy drug addled bastard and he died.

Hillary Clinton would be the best example if there was, but no.

It was probably exaggerated for propaganda purposes but vastly? It seems unlikely. It was in the latter days of the war after all what would be the great victory in exaggerating the atrocities of a defeated enemy?

Give your views.

No, but I don't know why no one has ever bothered to go back. According to what I've read there's fairly extensive mineral wealth on the moon. You'd think it would be a free-for-all to grab it.

It's because the aliens said "don't come back...or else!"

Or that it's just an expensive and lengthy endeavor to do a round trip to the moon, that and the lack of atmosphere leads to other difficulties.

I think we're pretty close to it being economically feasible to mine the moon or other planets though - it might happen in some of our lifetimes.

Find it hard to believe, but we will never know what really happened. All the players are likely long dead by now.

No way.

Absolutely, but not so secret. Except there meetings.

Doubt it. Space travel takes so long, even at light speed. Unless there is another way of travel that is much faster then even light speed, doubt it highly.

I don't think so.

No.

No.

This is a fact. They used to do it at drive in movie theaters, and regular movie theaters to sell snacks.

No.

No

100 percent true. Hillary Clinton is a Reptilian, the queen so to speak.

No way.

Give your views.

Doubt it. Space travel takes so long, even at light speed. Unless there is another way of travel that is much faster then even light speed, doubt it highly.

If bending spacetime is possible, then there are ways to travel faster than the speed of light. Though we're not anywhere close to being able to do that in our lifetimes.

Traveling at the speed of light or close to it would also never be feasible, due to the massive time dilation that would occur. Every 1 year that passes on the ships time would be 3 years on earth or something like that.

If bending spacetime is possible, then there are ways to travel faster than the speed of light. Though we're not anywhere close to being able to do that in our lifetimes.

Traveling at the speed of light or close to it would also never be feasible, due to the massive time dilation that would occur. Every 1 year that passes on the ships time would be 3 years on earth or something like that.

Fold space with a Holtzman engine. (A Dune thing)

dune_heighliner.jpg

I'm wondering about The Gipper's current avatar pic....discuss.

A young Paul or Gip's high school yearbook picture? Scary huh? :o

Uh no. That is Paul. My last one was John. Expect George and Ringo to come up.

Whew that's a relief!

Archived