THE BROWNS BOARD

Hank is BACK ! The MNF Hank !

calfoxwc

Each and every person and place flying the stars and bars.. including Hank Williams.. is still fighting the war. That flag was, is, and will always be the battle flag of treason.

You want to be a part of the US? Then you don't fly it. Simple.

Is the American flag the battle flag of treason?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The confederate is no very different.

Fixed that for you.

The "stars and bars," just in case you aren't actually familiar with historical fact, IS the confederate battle flag. The more commonly seen flag is the battle flag of Robert E Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. Yep: You are flying a flag that literally had no purpose other than to be flown in battle by traitors. Robert E Lee himself ordered that flag to no longer be flown, ever ["I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war"] -- but hey, he must not be very smart.

When you wrap yourself in a Confederate flag, the statement you are making is that you do not believe in America. That's what the flag has meant since day 1 of its existence, and that's what it always will stand for. It represents only a group that fought and died to overthrow the US constitution. Is that who you are?

If you want to "put away the divisions" within the country -- YOU get to put the flag away.

Every time you talk about "honoring the dead" -- more Union soldiers died than Southern, and every minute you fly that flag you are personally dishonoring Union dead.

Unlike you, I actually like my country.

Is the American flag the battle flag of treason?

Obviously, you can't stay on topic because you know flying the Confederate flag is indefensible.

Each and every person and place flying the stars and bars.. including Hank Williams.. is still fighting the war. That flag was, is, and will always be the battle flag of treason.

You want to be a part of the US? Then you don't fly it. Simple.

Bullshit. It was the South's flag. Many died for it. There is no treason.

Bullshit. It was the South's flag. Many died for it. There is no treason.

False. Without treason, "The South" doesn't exist.

What, exactly, do you think the Union died for?

Answer: Union men died for America.

Southern men died to defend nothing but slavery and racism.

You may not LIKE it, but that's the entirety of the Southern cause.

That's your opinion. Which means nothing.

Show your facts, idiot. I already have. The text of the letters of secession from each state and the very public pronouncements of both leaders of the Confederacy show clearly that slavery is the entirety of the cause.

This isn't "opinion" - the objective fact is a matter of historical record.

The issue is "Why the South was actually created" ---- not "What you WISH was true because you can't accept reality on reality's terms"

You won't respond - because you've got nothing.

Show your facts, idiot. I already have. The text of the letters of secession from each state and the very public pronouncements of both leaders of the Confederacy show clearly that slavery is the entirety of the cause.

The issue is "Why the South was actually created" ---- not "What you WISH was true because you can't accept reality on reality's terms"

Fuck you and your opinion. Hail Robert E. Lee.

oh, BS.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-07-06/news/bs-ed-gettysburg-20130706_1_slavery-constitutional-convention-secession

Tariffs, not slavery, precipitated the American Civil War
July 06, 2013

Arthur Hirsch's recent article about the Battle of Gettysburg reveals a disturbing ignorance of the political dynamics that brought this nation to a war that 150 years later remains the most cataclysmic event in our history ("A defining day relived," July 2).

It accepts the shallow but unchallenged premise that the Civil War occurred because slavery was practiced in the South, and that righteous resolve to abolish the institution left the U.S. with no option other than a resort to arms. This is a myopic view with which many historical facts simply cannot be reconciled.

The war resulted from causes unrelated to slavery and abolition. It was entirely a consequence of the Southern states' secession, which occurred despite the undeniable fact that the slave states could not have hoped for better protection of slavery than that afforded by the U. S. Constitution — provided they remained in the Union.

Both Lincoln and the slaveholders well knew in 1860 that a constitutional amendment ending slavery would never be mathematically feasible. But Lincoln further understood that the South was gravitating toward secession as the remedy for a different grievance altogether: The egregiously inequitable effects of a U. S. protective tariff that provided 90 percent of federal revenue.

Foreign governments retaliated for it with tariffs of their own, and payment of those overseas levies represented the cost to Americans of their U. S. government. Southerners were generating two-thirds of U. S. exports, and also bearing two-thirds of the retaliatory tariffs abroad.

The result was that that the 18.5 percent of America's citizens who lived in the South were saddled with three times their proportionate share of the federal government's costs.

Campaigning At New York's Cooper Union, Lincoln, arguing for unlimited federal control of slavery in America's territories, seduced his audience with research disclosing how 21 of the 39 Signers of the Constitution, by joining elsewhere in various other acts of legislation that awarded this territorial authority to the U. S. government, revealed that delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention included a clear majority whose intent had in fact been that this authority be granted to the federal government.

But in 1860, the overriding issue of the day was not slavery in the territories: it was secession. And when addressed in this latter context, Lincoln's same research undeniably proves there had been majority intent among delegates to the 1787 Convention that each state was to retain a permanent right of exit. Ten of Lincoln's foregoing 21 Signers represented slave states. Absent a retained secession option, not one of them would have signed a Constitution that empowered the U. S. to prohibit territorial slavery. Alone, the Northwest Territory represented the potential in 1787 for five new non-slave states, which would promptly have reduced the Old South to just one-third of eighteen total states: and the Constitution they were crafting was to permit any amendment that was opposed by only one-quarter of the states — including one that could abolish slavery if six more non-slave states were thereafter admitted. Lincoln could not have failed to recognize that the Signers had been in agreement upon a right to secede, without which no constitution would have gelled at all. Accordingly, secession remained in 1860 a right both legal and honorable.

In the face of all these considerations, Lincoln could have proposed a Southern slave emancipation reciprocated by sweeping federal fiscal reform that would replace the protective tariff with a nationwide income tax. Instead, Lincoln's remedy was the catastrophic one that denied Southerners their exit by military force: which represented exercise of a federal authority conspicuously absent from the all-inclusive list of powers granted by the Constitution to the U. S. government. Such a transformative quid-pro-quo may or may not have proven achievable. But in as much as it was not even attempted, no Gettysburg visitor should ever be led to believe that the Civil War objective of the U.S. was anything other than preservation of its protective tariff in the Old South.

Dennis G. Saunders, Columbia

and, here's a real fact:

the Civil War did not start over slavery.

of course, slavery ended up being a part of it.

Facts:

The Civil War occurred during the years 1861-1865.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

The Emancipation Proclamation was official on Jan 1, 1863.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation

Reality bites liberals. and I'm not referring to whatshername, either.

From one of Cal's links

"The South started and lost a war that nearly destroyed the United States. The cause was unjust, the economic justification unseemly. The actions were treasonous. There is no part of the Confederate cause of which to be proud. There is no moral high ground here. Southerners who claim a deep national pride celebrate their ancestors efforts to dissolve the very union of states whose flag they now so proudly fly. They honor a campaign to destroy our country through dissolution but claim the mantle of patriot. A southern loyalist cannot be a patriot; the two ideals are mutually incompatible. As I have said before, you cannot simultaneously love the United States and love the idea of seceding from the United States. To claim both is equivalent of declaring that you love all Mexican food but hate enchiladas. The claims are each exclusive of the other and therefore by definition both cannot be true."

https://apnews.com/8a31455e342f405494e22ba1ddf1deb2

HOUSTON (AP) — Hundreds of individuals, some armed, gathered at a Houston park to protest what they believe are efforts to remove a statue of Texas hero Sam Houston because he owned slaves.

There hasn’t been any organized effort to remove Houston’s statue, which has stood near a city park since 1925.

Protesters, some who carried Confederate flags, said Saturday they’re concerned local activists have been calling for the statue’s removal.

But it’s not clear any such removal efforts have been formally proposed in the wake of other cities around the country taking down Confederate monuments.

While Houston — who was the Republic of Texas’ first president — owned slaves, he also refused to take an oath of allegiance to the Confederacy.

"KABOOEY" goes the generalization crap of the Confederate Flag.

Historical revisionism always fails. Debunking the Civil War tariff myth. The civil war was slavery, pure and simple.

Go call a black person the name you truly want to, Cal - you'll find it freeing to finally admit who you really are! Your friends and family will be happy for you.

Regarding Houston.. You do realize Texas removed Sam Houston from office after that refusal, right? Generalization still in place - your precious Confederate flag was the flag of slavery and treason.

However, I'm not sure what that link is supposed to show - People who fly the confederate flag aren't well-acquainted with reality? You don't say!

Historical revisionism always fails. Debunking the Civil War tariff myth. The civil war was slavery, pure and simple.

Go call a black person the name you truly want to, Cal - you'll find it freeing to finally admit who you really are! Your friends and family will be happy for you.

Regarding Houston.. You do realize Texas removed Sam Houston from office after that refusal, right? Generalization still in place - your precious Confederate flag was the flag of slavery and treason.

However, I'm not sure what that link is supposed to show - People who fly the confederate flag aren't well-acquainted with reality? You don't say!

Fuck off Yankee:

battleflag1.jpg

Uh, without treason the United States doesn't exist.

WSS

I think I almost teared up a little bit reading this place this morning.

DH has taken trolling up a notch and for some reason you guys entertain it. His stock is rising, I have to admit he's better than I gave him credit for.

While Unsympathetic has set a high bar for chronic outrage.

:D

WSS

ah. some imperial forum is your "only acceptable source" LOL.

that's lamer than a brontosaurus with three broken legs.

as far as saying I'm a racist. I have no idea why you think that isn't infantile and completely unwarranted. but liberals do that -

they emotionally knee jerk in hate and anger, to put political opposition on the defense...they think.

I suppose you might be black, and have suffered some legit racism, and if true, that's sad. However, it is also possible

you are feigning racist victimhood where there is none at all...but liberals crave victimhood.

What is an important difference between an "Islamic" extremist/terrorist...and a liberal?

the terrorists want to die martyrs/victims, and liberals want to live being martyrs/victims.

Is the Union Jack a symbol of slavery and oppression? If not, why?

WSS

It was ok with Faith Hill, but the Idol chick BLOWS...................She changed part of the chorus to sing the harmony line and it is sooooo fucking weak it is embarrassing.

Also, let's be honest, nobody wants to hear a cunt on MNF.

Carrie Underwood was on SNF.

I'd rather see her than look at an old dusty dick.

Fixed that for you.

The "stars and bars," just in case you aren't actually familiar with historical fact, IS the confederate battle flag. The more commonly seen flag is the battle flag of Robert E Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. Yep: You are flying a flag that literally had no purpose other than to be flown in battle by traitors. Robert E Lee himself ordered that flag to no longer be flown, ever ["I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war"] -- but hey, he must not be very smart.

When you wrap yourself in a Confederate flag, the statement you are making is that you do not believe in America. That's what the flag has meant since day 1 of its existence, and that's what it always will stand for. It represents only a group that fought and died to overthrow the US constitution. Is that who you are?

If you want to "put away the divisions" within the country -- YOU get to put the flag away.

Every time you talk about "honoring the dead" -- more Union soldiers died than Southern, and every minute you fly that flag you are personally dishonoring Union dead.

Unlike you, I actually like my country.

Obviously, you can't stay on topic because you know flying the Confederate flag is indefensible.

The answer is yes, the US flag is also a flag of treason. I see you decided not to argue that, because it's patently true. Thanks.

You don't get to decide what it "will always stand for," especially when the entire ideology of your ill is about spitting in the face of history. Spare me.

Archived