THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs vs Spurs pt 2

The Cysko Kid

While we are in the early stages of what I'll refer to as "Lue Ball", I like what I see. Ball movement & intensity are impressive.This should only get better with time.

Mike

Great game all around. If this Cavs team shows up they can beat anyone, yes, even the warriors. However it seems like the cavs are pretty mercurial, so it's not always clear which team is going to show up.

To beat the Warriors, Love and Irving have to play like they did against the Spurs. Delly has stepped up his game 100%. Also- they have to do a way better job on perimeter defense- can't be giving the Warriors wide open looks at threes. I do think Lue has the Cavs playing at a higher level. BTW, significant Duncan didn't play- he's a mismatch against Love.

BTW, congrats to LeBron on yet another milestone- quickest to 26k. Looking at the points parade, he's probably going to pass Garnett and Pierce shortly- who aren't playing much. Tim Duncan is probably out of reach this year. But LBJ and TD are going to displace Hondo Havlicheck down to #15. or #17, if you count NBA\ABA. (the only guys who had significant ABA points are Dan Issel and Julius Irving). LBJ should pass George Gervin this year too.

We can only hope they gain some momentum in the second half and GS loses some. Maybe Curry will break his leg. We can hope, right?

Curry's per game average ppg is down 34 to 29. But it could be with all those blowouts, he's sitting down plenty. But the 76ers almost beat them- there's hope.

Archived