THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Love OUT of Cleveland

WalterWhite

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's mostly young people, about 12-15 or so, that are wearing them, so...

The stores over there probably only sell the gear of those teams. I have been to place here that have been somewhat "remote" in that they were not near a town that had a team.....and if you go into a store in those places you can only find the gear of maybe 3-4 teams.

See....what happened is that here, nobody is buying that Laker crap any more.....because the Lakers are crap....so they have shipped all that surplus inventory over to you.

Sorry Gip the Lakers won back to back championships in 2009 & 2010, they are far from irrelevant

Winning in those years is no more relevent now than the Chicago Stags win in 1947.

But, here is an interesting stat.....of the teams that won the first 12 NBA title only the Boston Celtics are currently in the same city with the same name. The rest are elsewhere or defunct:

Chicago Stags.....defunct

Original Baltimore Bullets....defunct (the Baltimore Bullets that became the Washington Wizards were the 2d franchise by that name)

Minneapolis Lakers ....now LA Lakers

Rochester Royals....now Sacramento Kings

Syracuse Nationals....now Philadelphia 76ers

Philadelphia Warriors....now Golden State Warriors

St. Louis Hawks....now Atlanta Hawks

Winning in those years is no more relevent now than the Chicago Stags win in 1947.

But, here is an interesting stat.....of the teams that won the first 12 NBA title only the Boston Celtics are currently in the same city with the same name. The rest are elsewhere or defunct:

Chicago Stags.....defunct

Original Baltimore Bullets....defunct (the Baltimore Bullets that became the Washington Wizards were the 2d franchise by that name)

Minneapolis Lakers ....now LA Lakers

Rochester Royals....now Sacramento Kings

Syracuse Nationals....now Philadelphia 76ers

Philadelphia Warriors....now Golden State Warriors

St. Louis Hawks....now Atlanta Hawks

C'mon Man this coming from the guy who still holds so tightly to the Browns NFL Championships

C'mon Man this coming from the guy who still holds so tightly to the Browns NFL Championships

The Browns Championships I recount as part of history.....same as Lakers titles. Not as an aspect of current relevency.

Who is likely to win a title next year.....that is what is relevent.

For young FRAKasses in the UK, they want the very current relevent, winning teams to glom onto. The Lakers are not that. The Warriors, Cavs, maybe Rockets and Hawks are.

The Browns Championships I recount as part of history.....same as Lakers titles. Not as an aspect of current relevency.

Who is likely to win a title next year.....that is what is relevent.

For young FRAKasses in the UK, they want the very current relevent, winning teams to glom onto. The Lakers are not that. The Warriors, Cavs, maybe Rockets and Hawks are.

Kobe still moves the needle, http://www.nba.com/2015/news/01/12/nba-most-popular-jersey-official-release/ , still #4

Let's just chalk another one up to Gip not being able to admit when he's wrong.

No...I am right about this: The Lakers were competitively irrelevant in the playoff chase last year. They were irrelevant in the playoff race the year before that. They will be competitively irrelevant likely in the playoff race next year.

I am right that the Lakers are crap. I am right that they suck, basketball wise.

Yes, Kobe is a fading star that cannot do what he used to do.....lead his team to a winning record.

That is what I said, that is what I am talking about.

If kids in the UK can't discern who is or who is not relevant from a competitive standpoint in the NBA....then they don't have a clue and are apparently slow on the uptick.

First he calls Heat and Lakers fans FRAKs and then calls them irrelevant, hmmm

That is the incongruousness of it........the Lakers are irrelevent.....you and I both know it. Its just that the FRAK community is just way behind the times. They just can't get it that they are irrelevent.

I don't think I said that about the Heat though......the Heat could be relevant when it comes to the playoff race next year.

First he calls Heat and Lakers fans FRAKs and then calls them irrelevant, hmmm

Just have to wonder who's currently getting the bigger TV ratings in LA- the Lakers or Clippers? As long as Kobe thinks he's still elite- the Lakers are likely going to be a lottery team.

Just have to wonder who's currently getting the bigger TV ratings in LA- the Lakers or Clippers? As long as Kobe thinks he's still elite- the Lakers are likely going to be a lottery team.

Still think LA is a Laker town but Clips are closing the gap. Kobe if healthy may still be a great player but the health question is just that, a question.

Archived