THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Kizer start?

Zombo

I sincerely hope that Brock looks good vs the Giants, and the Browns can give Kizer more time to learn and practice before throwing him into the starting position.

That being said, he's obviously starting sooner than later methinks. The Browns aren't going into next year's draft with five picks in the first two rounds without really knowing what they have in Kizer. The Browns worst case scenario would be to *think* they like Kizer enough to build around him, skip taking a QB in next year's draft which may have three QBs draftable in the top half of Round 1, and miss an opportunity to finally get a franchise QB.

ahhh don't waste your timemost everyone here thinks we will go o'fer this year

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!

and that's if u believe kizer is pro QB. i'll give it a shot (hee) but nothing has been done since this new FO and staff has been put into place that impresses me.

it's always..........next year. 'oh we got 2 more 5th round picks in 2019'. hey bro, i prob won't be alive then. when the fuck are you gonna do something right?

dude u'll be washing cars and scrubbing rims in 2019 when the fickle fans boo you the fuck out of cleveland (most on this board).

Mic,

you are dead on. But these jackoffs here keep making up scenarios that contradict reality. " Even though we lost, even though we suck....you have to look deeper,,,,,, you have to understand the game...............you have to understand that the swiss cheese defense, the dropped passes, the penalties, the #1 draft pick, ONE-TACKLE-TEXAS making 1 tackle is ALL a part of a great master plan.

Dumbest fucking Head Coach in the history of the NFL.

If Kizer was no where near ready he wouldn't have moved up the depth chart. Secondly if Kizer was no where near ready he wouldn't have been sharing first team snaps for the bulk of camp. He may not be completely ready but he's the best we have by far.

He is not going to get any more ready by watching AssOiler fuck up.

with thomas ans bitiono out for the game I would not put kizer out there either let someone else take that beating

Yeah, us!

I think Brock will be "steady" during Monday's game. Not great, not awful. Our first team REALLY can't afford to have the penalties like we did last week, but those are somewhat expected during the beginning of the preseason. Kizer, on the other hand, might struggle during this game, and that's ok. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a tough game if only to see how he responds next week.

I sincerely hope that Brock looks good vs the Giants, and the Browns can give Kizer more time to learn and practice before throwing him into the starting position.

That being said, he's obviously starting sooner than later methinks. The Browns aren't going into next year's draft with five picks in the first two rounds without really knowing what they have in Kizer. The Browns worst case scenario would be to *think* they like Kizer enough to build around him, skip taking a QB in next year's draft which may have three QBs draftable in the top half of Round 1, and miss an opportunity to finally get a franchise QB.

^^^ Exactly. Kizer will start, only question is when. The Browns aren't going into the 2018 draft with 5 picks in the first two rounds not knowing what they have in Deshone. Nope, this year it's not a dumpster dive for Darnold. Jets are going that route.

& With JT and probably Bito sitting out, let the Ostrich get killed Monday.

∆∆∆ Exactly. Kizer will start, only question is when. The Browns aren't going into the 2018 draft with 5 picks in the first two rounds not knowing what they have in Deshone. Nope, this year it's not a dumpster dive for Darnold. Jets are going that route.

& With JT and probably Bito sitting out, let the Ostrich get killed Monday.

Why would we hope for that?

WSS

I have this feeling that Kizer is going to step in with the twos and light it up. I'm not so naïve as to think he won't make any mistakes but I believe as well factor in natural ability will still overcome that and and lead scoring drives. I believe this guy is going to TAKE the starting job

Hogan is the best of the group. He deserves a shot. He better get some time this next game or Hue's QB Competition is just a show.

"Hogan to Gordon" - One can only dream.

"Hogan to Gordon" - One can only dream.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20370154/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-says-reinstatement-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-not-active-consideration

Hogan sucks donkey balls and Gordon aint coming back anytime soon. Unfortunate since it sounds like such a magical combination.

Why would we hope for that?

WSS

Steve, I'm not hoping for the Ostrich to get hurt- just saying it's a possibility it could happen with a guy who's probably at best practice squad material manning left tackle. .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20370154/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-says-reinstatement-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-not-active-consideration

Hogan sucks donkey balls and Gordon aint coming back anytime soon. Unfortunate since it sounds like such a magical combination.

Thanks for the link Mark. :)

And "POOF" there goes PG's dream. So does that mean Gordon can reapply for reinstatement in September, and then Roger will say it's "actively being considered"? When in September, though- does that mean 9\1?

My personal feeling is Gordon's ship has sailed off into Justin Blackmon waters, never to return.

"Goodell to Gordon" - One can only dream.

FIFY ;) How dare 2 of these non-speaking season ticket holders to not give up those front row church pew seats? Poe & Ghool's could have given the 'Poor Old Josh" speech.. NFL Network could have pulled it's 3rd Browns sh(g)ame in a week..

IMO it's worth seeing what he can do under the "lights" on MNF. If it's between those two, the tape of them playing with the ones based one week 1/week 2 should solidify who the dude is for week 3 preseason.

If it's even remotely close, gotta go with the rookie.

I dont think the whole big lights... national stage thing really affects these guys. They have been center stage since highschool or college... i would hope they are over the shock of playing on tv

I dont think the whole big lights... national stage thing really affects these guys. They have been center stage since highschool or college... i would hope they are over the shock of playing on tv

Eh, I disagree. There's a big difference when you're out there knowing how good/bad you play is worth millions and million of dollars in your life or selling insurance. That makes a lot of people shrink in the big moments.

Bright lights make a difference...

If Kizer was no where near ready he wouldn't have moved up the depth chart. Secondly if Kizer was no where near ready he wouldn't have been sharing first team snaps for the bulk of camp. He may not be completely ready but he's the best we have by far.

Kizer's performance is the factor, but it's relative to the other "contenders"... and Kess did not not take shots downfield... Kizer did.

Watched the last of the game and while Kizer has commend of the fundamentals of play-calling, getting out of the huddle, etc., he was really locking onto and staring down receivers. But it did make his pocket movement all the more impressive.

Listening to Hue at the conclusion of camp leads me to believe Kizer is still very much in contention to be named starter. He alluded twice to the fact it was an undecided position that would be figured out over the next 2 weeks. I'm telling you if Kizer lights it up with the 2's he will start the 3rd preseason game.

Listening to Hue at the conclusion of camp leads me to believe Kizer is still very much in contention to be named starter. He alluded twice to the fact it was an undecided position that would be figured out over the next 2 weeks. I'm telling you if Kizer lights it up with the 2's he will start the 3rd preseason game.

I mostly agree with this, the only caveat being that if they both light it up, Brock's the starter.

But if DeShone outplays Osweiler he starts preseason game #3 and if he plays alright he'll be the starter week 1

Hue want's Brock to react to the same pressure that he put on Kessler to start..That's all.Than who wants to step-up & push Brock to play well..

I said right from the start that Kizer came to a good situation for him to be the starter because the bar is not set too high.

All he has to do is beat out Kessler and the Ostrich. It's an attainable goal.

We KNOW that Hue wants to name his starting QB early. He wants that settled. So Kizer will have to work hard and perform well against the Giants so that Hue cannot name the Ostrich as the starter. I'm pulling for Kizer...but I'm betting on the Ostrich.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 5:59 PM, LondonBrown said:

Inclined to agree with you but the minute Kizer makes a few rookie mistakes I'm also convinced you'd be the first on here, making threads slamming the front office for drafting another black Tarkenton and calling Kizer a Lozer or some other pun related name

Well, I am glad I was off with that one. . .

Archived