THE BROWNS BOARD

First Big Name Attached To Browns *trade*

Represent

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have got to be one of the only sane people on this board during all this off season wheeling and dealing.

ben who-ever-the-fuck-he-is tate for a 3rd round pick. great. no big deal.

we could do that or just pull arond the corner in east cleveland and sign the biggest BLACK crack dealer for minimum wage and he could do just as good.

you couldn't swing a dead cat within a 20 mile radius without finding some guy that can run.

Watch the volume.

Browns rumored to be in contact with Archie Manning and Emmitt Smith.

Deion Sanders shows no interest in Cleveland, saying "It's fucking Cleveland, man"

Ryan Leaf his one phone call to ring Holmgren and try to persuade him to post bail.

That might work. :lol:

you have got to be one of the only sane people on this board during all this off season wheeling and dealing.

ben who-ever-the-fuck-he-is tate for a 3rd round pick. great. no big deal.

we could do that or just pull arond the corner in east cleveland and sign the biggest BLACK crack dealer for minimum wage and he could do just as good.

you couldn't swing a dead cat within a 20 mile radius without finding some guy that can run.

Tate put up better rushing numbers than Arian Foster, maybe you have heard of him? A 5.4 avg. on 175 attempts and you don't think he has some special skills? This is a no-brainer if they can pull it off. Plus he won't turn 24 until the season starts. Christ, I believe some of you would even bitch about a blowjob.

If getting Ben Tate means we can spend our draft picks on someone else then I am game for that. If all it costs us is a 3rd round pick then definitely go for it. Not sure his age but his experience is worth more than any third rounder we would draft.

tate >> richardson, and cheaper....

Cheaper is the kicker. The guy is such cheap insurance for the Texans (.5 mil or something?) and I think is signed until 1214.... if the Browns get him for only a 3rd someone had dirt on somebody.

I'm hearing we are looking at Mark Clayton now from the rams...

just a little bit shorter faster version of blackmon...that isn't afraid to play in the cold.

I have a feeling we are gonna get Ted Ginn or in the end Detroit may....you know to help stretch the field even more for megabucks.

Tate put up better rushing numbers than Arian Foster, maybe you have heard of him? A 5.4 avg. on 175 attempts and you don't think he has some special skills? This is a no-brainer if they can pull it off. Plus he won't turn 24 until the season starts. Christ, I believe some of you would even bitch about a blowjob.

He's no Arian Foster (Let's not forget he battled a sore hammy a majority of the year. I also know you aren't saying HE IS Foster but that needed to be mentioned) BUT he's very solid. They drafted him with intent to start but then Foster emerged and Tate was put on the back burner. If I were a team that needed a tailback I'd certainly take a long hard look and a 3rd round seems like a steal of a deal. I also find it hysterical that some don't even know who he is, all of which leads me to believe a good number here don't watch the NFL but rather just the Brownies.

He's no Arian Foster (Let's not forget he battled a sore hammy a majority of the year. I also know you aren't saying HE IS Foster but that needed to be mentioned) BUT he's very solid. They drafted him with intent to start but then Foster emerged and Tate was put on the back burner. If I were a team that needed a tailback I'd certainly take a long hard look and a 3rd round seems like a steal of a deal. I also find it hysterical that some don't even know who he is, all of which leads me to believe a good number here don't watch the NFL but rather just the Brownies.

Well they should know he ran for over a 100 yds against us when we played them last yr.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1103337-nfl-trade-speculation-ben-tate-to-cleveland-browns-a-possibility

Where you at Represent? Interested to hear what you say they said now.

You Linked the Bleacher Report thats a nosinno on these forums i win.

I think the browns are just hammering out the right deal without getting too fucked in it, maybe two 3rds or a 2nd and a 3rd between this year and next at most, in the end if peyton leaves this move makes more sense, if we can lock Tate up you can guarentee Blackmon at 4 and not Trich i THINK the cards are dealt, the anti is in, and we're just waiting on the the flop

This is what happens everyday. People hear what they want to and soon enough if enough people repeat it... it's happening.

I was walking by a TV and heard "Peyton" and "Kansas City" in the same sentence.

Peyton Manning signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Terrell Davis 6th rd

Olandis Gary 4th rd

Mike Anderson 6th rd

Clinton Portis 2nd rd

Reuben Droughns 3rd rd

Steve Slaton 3rd rd

Arian Foster undrafted

These are all running backs who rushed for 1000 yards in Kubiak's offense.

Now the questions are is Ben Tate a Mike Anderson or a Terrell Davis?

How would he translate playing in an offense that makes a particular style of back look great to a system designed to make everything look like shit?

RE: Tate. Obviously. That would improve the team. Against team policy.

He is not far from the truth, we support the only team designed to lose at least teams with a worse record than us are trying to improve we alas are not...... who will we get with the number 1 pick in 2013

were trying our best to secure that very first pick in the draft in 2013, therefor we wont have the heartache if losing players like RG3 and Luck. Only problem with this is there wont be a prospect like those 2 for years to come so we'll draft the next tim couch first overall and repeat the losing insanity.

There has NEVER been a RUMOR. It was SPECULATION and OPINION.

You all need fucking reading comprehension lessons or a better education.

It was a rumor. Opinion would have been someone saying, I think the Browns could trade for Tate. But everything has been, I heard the Browns are trying to offer X pick for Tate. All based off of what 1 guy said on the radio. Sorry you wrote an article about it and it didn't pan out... but it was just a rumor.

My article said that it was speculation and there was no merit to it but that it would be a good idea.

Do you even read or understand what you're reading?

Do you have a brain?

The guy who made this post didn't listen to what the guy said on the radio, I was listening. It was also written down on ESPN Cleveland. The guy who said it, a media guy, said:

"I have heard some rumblings recently that the Browns may explore a trade with Houston for backup running back Ben Tate. When asked about that possibility, a league source said, "I haven't heard anything along those lines but let's put it this way it wouldn't surprise me."

So, if you take away from that sentence that the Browns are in talks for a trade for Ben Tate, you might not be able to read.

That is a rumor my friend. He mentions a rumor he heard and then gives his own opinion on it. Rumor and a false one at that.

No, that is speculation. A media person hearing "rumblings" is a media person stirring the pot.

The only reason it becomes a rumor is because of people's inability to differentiate the two.

It is an unlikely speculation.

A media person hearing "rumblings" is at the very least a media person STARTING a rumor in order to stir the pot and make a story. It is said media person saying "hey this is what I heard." Rumor. Speculation and opinion are what we have all been doing on this board. Speculating on what the Browns might give up to get him, opinion on if the trade would be worth it or not. Is this too hard for you to rap your head around?

Wouldn't be a bad move at all, The guy is shifty and tough. Certainly more proven than a new rookie and the pick cost to us is not that huge.

Decent idea.

First, let me disclose that I'm a Texan fan.

Second, I would like your OPINION on whether Tate is worth swapping first round picks, your 4th for our 26th. You would get a tough and effective runner who has already adjusted to NFL speed and thus is less risky than a draftee. Then you still keep a first round pick to use for other needs which don't require a 4th pick. For us, it puts us in position to draft Blackman to fill a need for a #2 receiver and potential replacement for #1 when Andre Johnson retires or slows down.

This is SPECULATION, not a rumor.

Thank you for your time.

i'd probly do it. if our FO is even considering TR at #4, then tate would still be the better option. there's still many good players at 26....

you'd probly have to throw in a prospect or 2 tho....see julio jones trade last year.

i'd probly do it. if our FO is even considering TR at #4, then tate would still be the better option. there's still many good players at 26....

you'd probly have to throw in a prospect or 2 tho....see julio jones trade last year.

How about Jacoby Jones? Still has 2 Js.

Archived