THE BROWNS BOARD

First Round Grades - Individual Picks

Tour2ma

Grades from Bleacher / CBS Sports / SI / Walter / Yahoo

1.01 MGarrett - A / B+ / A / A / A

1.24 JPeppers - A / F / B / B+ / B-

1.29 D. Njoku - C / B- / B / B+ / B+

From Yahoo...

The Browns moved down from No. 12 to here and now have — are you ready for this? — two first-rounders, three second-rounders, two fourth-rounders and two sixth-rounders in 2018...

And just for grins...

1.02 Trubusky - D / D / D / No grade, but based on comments below a "D" seems high... / C-

I... I don't even know anymore. WTF are the Bears doing!? They paid Mike Glennon so much money, and yet they gave up the No. 3 overall selection, two thirds and a fourth... for a mediocre quarterback prospect? Wow.
Wow.
This is one of the worst draft moves ever made. If the Bears just took Trubisky at No. 3, that would be bad, but not horrible. Actually, it would be horrible, but this is a franchise-ruining selection. Trubisky over Solomon Thomas echoes Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt and Blake Bortles over Khalil Mack. Way to pull a Jaguars, Chicago.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706180-nfl-draft-2017-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-draft-grades-for-round-1-picks/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/27/nfl-draft-2017-first-round-grades

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2017-nfl-draft-round-1-instant-grades-040229425.html

Tour- I was crying in my beer (not really- haven't had anything to drink tonight) so bad after the Bears took Mitch. BTW, that champagne is still on ice. I didn't bother to look at the national reaction to Da Bears move. Hey- I'm over it, he's playing for the Bears. We would have gotten blasted even worse if we had moved up to #2. I didn't discount that as a faint Browns possibility.

We'll see how Da Biskit fares. I saw one group did give Peppers an F. This reeks of a Williams "request". If anyone can figure out how to use him it's our DC.

At least on the BIG plus side, no Mahomes, no Watson. Me and the Ghoul had a similar opinion of his pro potential. Two bums down, a bunch to go. We both don't want Kizer, and unfortunately he still may be there @ #52. The only other qb I'm 1\2 interested in as a project is Dobbs. My bet is Kelly is off the Browns board as a character risk.

Besides the Bears move, the biggest reach was KC going up for Mahomes. Maybe we should tell London- that thar was a HUGE reach.

I haven't heard the name Mark Barron brought up at all. I'd imagine Williams will use Peppers like he did Barron.

Njoku is a really bad blocker at the moment but I do see effort in that department and that's a start. I think he needs to add some weight.

Tour- got this off of the Browns presser- (read between the lines on the last comment) they did want Mitch- but not at the price of moving up to #2. Their intel was wrong about who was taking who in the top 4. Hue said something like "it's not like we didn't try."

This whole draft gets an F for EPIC FAIL!

I've calmed down Nickers- right now it's at a B- for me. Garrett was a no brainer. Not saying Peppers and Njoku are bad picks, but we could have done better. We needed a CB badly, and by trading down from #12 we got skunked there. As Tour mentioned, a lot of talent is going to come off the board before our pick comes up @ #52. Or maybe they'll stop amassing and use some of those 2018 picks to move back up in the second. Who knows?

I've calmed down Nickers- right now it's at a B- for me. Garrett was a no brainer. Not saying Peppers and Njoku are bad picks, but we could have done better. We needed a CB badly, and by trading down from #12 we got skunked there. As Tour mentioned, a lot of talent is going to come off the board before our pick comes up @ #52. Or maybe they'll stop amassing and use some of those 2018 picks to move back up in the second. Who knows?

Larry.. I have absolute 0 faith in this regime... I do not trust these fuck ups one IOTA!.. I hate the draft more now than I did watching it unfold like cheap toilet paper...

I fell asleep last night. I take it we gave up 33 to get to 29. If so, 52 sounds like a long wait to pick up a great talent. We'll see this evening.

Garrett- A+ good job not messing that up

Peppers- C+ Could be Duane Buchanon but we are desperate for coverage guys and he is not going to help in that regard.

Njoku - D Could be a very good player but trading up in this draft for a TE is crazy. We were better off sticking with 33 and having a whole day to figure out how to land CB or a FS

Well....slept on it.....hungover....and still dont hate it as much as I did last night.....

Peppers though, when we could have had ANY FS in the draft??.....I was praying for a FS (or maybe Adams at SS)....but got the one "safety" I didnt want(how did this happen?).....so for that trade back and then the pick of Peppers....blech...............(but I am happy we got a returner)....

Also surprised the Browns went for someone who failed their drug test......since it happened at the combine, that means he enters the league as a member of the drug program(1 strike)....(Cal?...how did this happen?)

I guess the TE looks Ok.....not as good as Howard, who we had in our hands......

And Yeah....another wait till we trade it next year pick....

Kinda feels like last year to me....pass the best ones for capital and questionable....

There's a lot of depth at CB

I agree that Williams got the two he wanted most. Part of the deal coming here so I will not bitch. And Njoku will help open up the field for all those wr's we took last year and has one of the strongest upsides out there IMO. DeValve can start selling shoes now.

52 & 65 makes it or breaks it for me. Lots of excellent players will be there at those spots.

Tour- I was crying in my beer (not really- haven't had anything to drink tonight) so bad after the Bears took Mitch. BTW, that champagne is still on ice.

My bet is Kelly is off the Browns board as a character risk.

Besides the Bears move, the biggest reach was KC going up for Mahomes. Maybe we should tell London- that thar was a HUGE reach.

Well at least you weren't crying in a nice champagne... welcome back...

Kinda agree with Kelly assessment. As with Foster he's a multiple-strike prospect. The differences? Whereas Foster had at least three and two are recent, Kelly has two and only one, his latest injury, is recent. There is one other difference of course: Price. So I still hold out some of my Kelly hope as no one left has more potential and tools than he. Then again... Kaaya looks talented and squeaky clean...

Trubs' "grades" are not just on him, they're on the Bears and the price they paid. You're right... we'd have gotten hammered doing even more to tab him... or passing on MG.

Mahomes... I don't see him either, but it's like you've said, if you see the QB you want, then you go get him. I will say that Mahomes fits nicely in their scheme behind Smith.

I haven't heard the name Mark Barron brought up at all. I'd imagine Williams will use Peppers like he did Barron.

Njoku is a really bad blocker at the moment but I do see effort in that department and that's a start. I think he needs to add some weight.

At 20, he'll undoubtably add weight. Does seem to "want to" block, just not sure how.

No doubt that OJH was at the top of this TE class, but it's just possible he's as good as he will ever be, while Njoku has a higher ceiling.

Well....slept on it.....hungover....and still dont hate it as much as I did last night.....

Yeah... kinda has this grow-on-you, fungus quality...

I agree that Williams got the two he wanted most. Part of the deal coming here so I will not bitch. And Njoku will help open up the field for all those wr's we took last year and has one of the strongest upsides out there IMO. DeValve can start selling shoes now.

52 & 65 makes it or breaks it for me. Lots of excellent players will be there at those spots.

Devalve of Telfer? I still think we will do something to fill that yuge gap between 3.01 and 5.01...

USA Today all 32 grades. Excellent write ups on all 3 Browns.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-grades-picks-analysis-results

Love MG even more... and hate CHI's move even more.

Devalve will likely still be here. Guys like Telfer can sell shoes. (and even if they did let DeValve go...the dude went to Princeton. Do you really think he would end up selling shoes..or insurance? No)

Looks like Jimmy's homeless buddy hopped a slow freight to Chicago!!! :wacko:

Mike

Look, the good thing about the Bears taking MT is that the Browns will not have to play him but once every 4 years, because I think he will turn out great...that is.....unless both teams make the Super Bowl! :o

Which...would actually be kind of cool. Like the Indians and Cubs making the World Series...as if that could ever happen.

Oh wait! That DID just happen.

So, you never know.

I still don't get the thought of "how could be draft player at said position when this position is a bigger need?" Look at teams who draft BPA over teams who draft for need and see who typically does better. We got a great TE prospect who most people considered a top 15 or top 20 pick at #29 and we likely sniped him from the Steelers. Great pick.

Archived