THE BROWNS BOARD

ESPN Layoffs... Cutting Staff by 10%

Tour2ma

Includes some on air folks including Ed Werner and Trent Dilfer, and a lot more writers and reporters.

Unfortunately Adam Shefter does not seem to be among the walking dead...

If you haven't heard, Adam is reporting every Browns source he's spoken to today says it's Trubs at #1...

Includes some on air folks including Ed Werner and Trent Dilfer, and a lot more writers and reporters.

Unfortunately Adam Shefter does not seem to be among the walking dead...

If you haven't heard, Adam is reporting every Browns source he's spoken to today says it's Trubs at #1...

Which probably means it isn't true...... Said it before Tour- (and you know I love Trubs) taking him @ #1 ahead of Garrett would be one of the ballsiest picks of all time.

Said it before Tour- (and you know I love Trubs) taking him @ #1 ahead of Garrett would be one of the ballsiest picks of all time.

I know it would suck mine back up to whence they came... at a minumum...

Which probably means it isn't true...... Said it before Tour- (and you know I love Trubs) taking him @ #1 ahead of Garrett would be one of the ballsiest picks of all time.

My old grampa used to quote Churchill as saying, "The Japanese, fools that they are to have attacked that great nation, have committed national suicide." Applied to the Browns I'd say, "The Browns, fools that they are to have jumped up for yet another QB, have committed FO suicide."

Edit: If I hear trubs at #1 and Barnett @ #2 then I will know they are truly just plain football stupid.

ESPN is still on the air?

Do remember ESPN in the beginning and at it's peak was really something and nobody then could forsee any cracks in that shield.

I remember when FOX bid and got the NFL and NBC was left out in the cold, I like most other people were surprised...FOX didn't even have a sports department.

FOX got the NFC from CBS, CBS got the AFC from NBC, ABC hung on to MNF and NBC was without professional football but did have other venues.

And the world changed.

I will seriously throw my beer at my tv if we take manzel/weeden this year... Mean limp biscuit sorry

Better buy a cheap TV then. I'll save my beer toss for Watson\Kizer. Can see it now- you're going the be one of the boo-birds saying "told ya" after Mitch tosses his first int.

Taking a 2nd round player at 1 in Trubisky will probably mean we pick 1 again next year....

Just keep on reading Maycock's garbage...

Except then we won't be able to justify selecting a QB worth the #1 pick.

We're hopefully not drafting #1 next year, and if we go all defense, it will be out of reach anyway.

Just keep on reading Maycock's garbage...

We're hopefully not drafting #1 next year, and if we go all defense, it will be out of reach anyway.

Well, Mayock has us taking MG at #1 but trading up to #5 with TN to tab your boy...

We can put together a Rams type package next year and get whomever we want so long as the team with a #1 overall is not in desperate need of a QB. Odds on fav to be that team? I'd say SF... and they'll get Cousins clearing the way.

My old grampa used to quote Churchill as saying, "The Japanese, fools that they are to have attacked that great nation, have committed national suicide." Applied to the Browns I'd say, "The Browns, fools that they are to have jumped up for yet another QB, have committed FO suicide."

Edit: If I hear trubs at #1 and Barnett @ #2 then I will know they are truly just plain football stupid.

Except, of course, in the long run...the Japanese attacking America can be seen as the best move by that nation...given their prosperity afterwards.

Not perhaps in the short run....1-2 years it won't be seen as that, but, taking a QB then taking Barnett could prove the best thing in the long run.

We get the QB we want/need who turns into a star. We get a DL that actually becomes as good or better than the guy you all want taken #1.

See an earlier post of mine where I said that Garrett will only turn out to be like the 4th or 5th best pass rusher to come out of this draft.

Except, of course, in the long run...the Japanese attacking America can be seen as the best move by that nation...given their prosperity afterwards.

Not perhaps in the short run....1-2 years it won't be seen as that, but, taking a QB then taking Barnett could prove the best thing in the long run.

We get the QB we want/need who turns into a star. We get a DL that actually becomes as good or better than the guy you all want taken #1.

See an earlier post of mine where I said that Garrett will only turn out to be like the 4th or 5th best pass rusher to come out of this draft.

I'm not at all impressed with Barnett. I think he is late first rounder. Just too slow of reaction and speed/agility to be an edge in the NFL. My bust pick if he goes by 12.

I'm not at all impressed with Barnett. I think he is late first rounder. Just too slow of reaction and speed/agility to be an edge in the NFL. My bust pick if he goes by 12.

Say that when he runs circles around Garret. Again, others have said the same of Garrett....with slight variations.

But riddle me this: if Barnett doesn't have the traits to be the edge rusher in the NFL....then how did he produce better numbers than Garrett in the SEC?

Against the same competition, he did better.

Say that when he runs circles around Garret. Again, others have said the same of Garrett....with slight variations.

But riddle me this: if Barnett doesn't have the traits to be the edge rusher in the NFL....then how did he produce better numbers than Garrett in the SEC?

Against the same competition, he did better.

Jesus how many times have I said this? Did you not read it? He did not play against SEC West which is miles above SEC East. The only two he played against last year from SEC West both scored over 45 points against Tenn. This is totally comparing apples to oranges.

Shame Jay Crawford went one of Cleveland's own

from sandusky actually.

too bad jamele white didn't get the boot. wtf has she done for sports journalism besides interject her racial and political view into every discussion?

and they wonder why they have to make cuts and their ratings are down. like mtv when they stopped playing rock music. bye bye loud mouths!!!

Fuckin' Shefer's at it again...

Been on all morning saying "It's Trubisky." "IT'S TRUBISKY." Even had Kiper and McShay buying in to the point they changed their Final Mocks.

Now, minutes ago, Adam breathlessly reported, "Now I hear that in Cleveland the pendullum is swinging back to Garrett. But if the decision is between an QB with an uncertain outcome and a Pass Rusher with an uncertain outcome, then you have to take the QB."

Chris Mortensen, sitting to Adam's immediate right, calmly stated, "Let's make this clear, the Browns are not debating their pick. This pick was decided two-weeks ago and I confirmed that with a Browns source last evening."

The look on Adam's face was priceless...

Then Pollian chimed in, "I reject the notion that Garrett's outcome is 'uncertain'." To which McShay added, "I concur."

Cue an even more priceless look...

Jesus how many times have I said this? Did you not read it? He did not play against SEC West which is miles above SEC East. The only two he played against last year from SEC West both scored over 45 points against Tenn. This is totally comparing apples to oranges.

I have heard you say that....and it is the biggest pile of bullshit I have seen on here. OK, while perhaps Barnett has had to play the so called weaker division (and I am not necessarily buying that...if the SEC West is better it is only because of one team: Bama), that SEC East is still a hell of a lot tougher than the Prairie View's against which Garrett thrived.

Face it, Barnett may turn out to in fact become the better player.

Fuckin' Shefer's at it again...

Been on all morning saying "It's Trubisky." "IT'S TRUBISKY." Even had Kiper and McShay buying in to the point they changed their Final Mocks.

Now, minutes ago, Adam breathlessly reported, "Now I hear that in Cleveland the pendullum is swinging back to Garrett. But if the decision is between an QB with an uncertain outcome and a Pass Rusher with an uncertain outcome, then you have to take the QB."

Chris Mortensen, sitting to Adam's immediate right, calmly stated, "Let's make this clear, the Browns are not debating their pick. This pick was decided two-weeks ago and I confirmed that with a Browns source last evening."

The look on Adam's face was priceless...

Then Pollian chimed in, "I reject the notion that Garrett's outcome is 'uncertain'." To which McShay added, "I concur."

Cue an even more priceless look...

What "outcome" is or is not uncertain? It may perhaps not be uncertain that Garrett will be the Browns pick...I expect him to be the guy. But his outcome of being a quality NFL player is certainly uncertain. No one can absolutely predict that.

I guess ESPN was a little top heavy. I mean, they have these round table of 5-6 people when 4 would suffice.

I will only say: why get rid of an Ed Werder, who seemed like a real pro, and keep a Josina Anderson, who seemed at times confused and out of touch.

Age/sex/race?

I guess ESPN was a little top heavy. I mean, they have these round table of 5-6 people when 4 would suffice.

I will only say: why get rid of an Ed Werder, who seemed like a real pro, and keep a Josina Anderson, who seemed at times confused and out of touch.

Age/sex/race?

For surely all 3 of those reasons.

For surely all 3 of those reasons.

I thought perhaps they were just getting rid of all the old white guys. But I did see a list of who was out, and it included all "types"

Older white guys, younger white guys, older black guys, younger black guys, younger women black and white. (but no older women it seems...since they had few of those anyway)

I have heard you say that....and it is the biggest pile of bullshit I have seen on here. OK, while perhaps Barnett has had to play the so called weaker division (and I am not necessarily buying that...if the SEC West is better it is only because of one team: Bama), that SEC East is still a hell of a lot tougher than the Prairie View's against which Garrett thrived.

Face it, Barnett may turn out to in fact become the better player.

Do your nerdy research thing and find the number of 1st and 2nd round OTs they've both gone up against. Not even close.

Well, Mayock has us taking MG at #1 but trading up to #5 with TN to tab your boy...

We can put together a Rams type package next year and get whomever we want so long as the team with a #1 overall is not in desperate need of a QB. Odds on fav to be that team? I'd say SF... and they'll get Cousins clearing the way.

If Maycock's prediction comes true, I'll break out a bottle of champagne. French stuff is out of my price range, but a good California one like Roderer or Schramsberg. :)

Dangerous to predict who's going to be at the bottom a year ahead Tour. But just to play Devil's Advocate, the move from #12 to #5 to get Mitch- the realistic price is- give the Titans back their #52 and a 4th next year. If they put the screws to us, I'll move that 4th up to the lowest of our 2018 seconds. So come next year, We want to move from (I'll be optimistic) #12 to #1. Lets assume Darnold is viewed as a can't miss stud qb, and the team holding the #1 is willing to trade out. That's going to cost the 2018 first and one of the second rounders, and the first and second in 2019. Still up for it? Not me. A fail on Mitch will be much less costly than trading up for Darnold only to find out he's another qb bust.

If Maycock's prediction comes true, I'll break out a bottle of champagne. French stuff is out of my price range, but a good California one like Roderer or Schramsberg. :)

Dangerous to predict who's going to be at the bottom a year ahead Tour. But just to play Devil's Advocate, the move from #12 to #5 to get Mitch- the realistic price is- give the Titans back their #52 and a 4th next year. If they put the screws to us, I'll move that 4th up to the lowest of our 2018 seconds. So come next year, We want to move from (I'll be optimistic) #12 to #1. Lets assume Darnold is viewed as a can't miss stud qb, and the team holding the #1 is willing to trade out. That's going to cost the 2018 first and one of the second rounders, and the first and second in 2019. Still up for it? Not me. A fail on Mitch will be much less costly than trading up for Darnold only to find out he's another qb bust.

Can't answer that, h, as I do not know the top dawgs in 2018. But I can say that I do not think Trubs is worth a 1st this year. With MG in our pocket, then I can tolerate him at 12, but trading up?

I think even your high-side estimate of the trade up cost is low... unless we are the only bidder. And if we are the only bidder, what does that tell you?

Posted this in another thread... if I only knew for sure... post-2853-0-59092600-1493322640_thumb.jpg

Archived