THE BROWNS BOARD

My 2 Round Mock Draft

darren15

I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....biggest faller Deshone Kizer...biggest surprises Caleb Brantley and Justin Evans ....tear it to bits guys

ROUND 1

Browns Myles Garrett DE

49rs Soloman Thomas DE

Bears Jamal Adams S

Jags Leonard Fournette RB

Titans Marshon Lattimore CB

Jets Mitch Trubisky QB

Chargers Malik Hooker S

Panthers Derek Barnett DE

Bengals Jonathan Allen DT

Bills Mike Williams WR

Saints Reuben Foster LB

Browns OJ Howard TE

Cards Patrick Mahomes QB

Eagles Caleb Brantley DT

Colts Delvin Cook RB

Ravens Corey Davis WR

Redskins Christian McCaffrey RB

Titans John Ross WR

Buccs Justin Evans S

Broncos Ryan Ramczyk OT

Lions Taco Charlton DE

Dolphins Tre Davious White CB

Giants Jabrill. Peppers LB

Raiders Jarrad Davis LB

Texans Deshaun Watson QB

Seahawks Forrest Lamp OG

Chiefs Malik McDowell DT

Cowboys Marlon Humphrey CB

Packers Takk McKinley DE

Steelers Zach Cunningham LB

Falcons David Njoku TE

Saints Haason Reddick LB

ROUND 2

Browns Garreon Conley CB

49rs Gerald Everett TE

Jags Evan Engram TE

Bears Garrett Bolles OT

Rams Budda Baker S

Chargers Cam Robinson OT

Jets Cordrea Tankersley CB

Panthers Joe Mixon RB

Bengals Raekwon McMillen LB

Saints Zay Jones WR

Eagles Alvin Kamara RB

Bills Teez Tabor CB

Cards Adoree Jackson CB

Colts Tim Williams DE/OLB

Ravens Ryan Anderson OLB

Vikings Montavious Adams DT

Redskins Marcus Maye S

Buccs Samaje Perine RB

Broncos TJ Watt LB

Browns Marcus Williams S

Lions Antonio Garcia OT

Dolphins Carl Lawson OLB

Giants Demarcus Walker DE

Raiders Charles Harris DE

Texans Dan Feeney OG

Seahawks Kevin King CB

Chiefs Deshone Kizer QB

Cowboys Obi Melfonwu S

Packers Chidobe Awuzie CB

Steelers Tyus Bowser OLB

Falcons Chris Wormley DE

Panthers Cooper Kupp WR

No indictment of yours darren, just a general observation and question...

Why has Cam Robinson been falling into the 2nd round in so many of the mocks I've been following...

Lots of pundits have him as a right tackle only in the NFL .....say he needs to lose weight and pick up speed to be a right tackle

I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

... and now I hate you for that...

Lots of pundits have him as a right tackle only in the NFL .....say he needs to lose weight and pick up speed to be a right tackle

... and while his BAMA tape was generally good, he showed flaws, e.g., lowering his head into contact and not using his long arms to significant advantage. At best I saw him as a R1-2 cusp prospect. But then the only solid R1 I saw in the entire OL class was Lamp, who I think can perform at OT, but likely excels at OG at the next level.

Then Cam's Combine drills ranged from ordinary to bad. Of his measurements only his 5.15-40 and 1.8-ish 10-yd split were close to impressive. He came off a little stiff-hipped in his field drills. Never have seen a Bench press result for him.

The plus is Cam's feet. While he's not completely in command of how to use them to greatest advantage yet, e.g., currently shows more of a chopping retreat in PassPro than a kick-slide, he will probably develop that technique... out of necessity.

I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

... and while his BAMA tape was generally good, he showed flaws, e.g., lowering his head into contact and not using his long arms to significant advantage. At best I saw him as a R1-2 cusp prospect. But then the only solid R1 I saw in the entire OL class was Lamp, who I think can perform at OT, but likely excels at OG at the next level.

Then Cam's Combine drills ranged from ordinary to bad. Of his measurements only his 5.15-40 and 1.8-ish 10-yd split were close to impressive. He came off a little stiff-hipped in his field drills. Never have seen a Bench press result for him.

The plus is Cam's feet. While he's not completely in command of how to use them to greatest advantage yet, e.g., currently shows more of a chopping retreat in PassPro than a kick-slide, he will probably develop that technique... out of necessity.

Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

No way... I dumped on Scherff a lot harder. Can even remember starting with an "I just don't get what others are seeing" type comment and ended with something along the lines of a "maybe at OG, but not at OT". That said, he seems to have done better at OG than I'd have projected, but no one spends the pick WSH did on an OG.

Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

No way... I dumped on Scherff a lot harder. Can even remember starting with an "I just don't get what others are seeing" type comment and ended with something along the lines of a "maybe at OG, but not at OT". That said, he seems to have done better at OG than I'd have projected, but no one spends the pick WSH did on an OG.

Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

Pretty sure there were a couple shots called on Schreff's need to be moved to guard.

To Cams credit, I see him generate more push up front in the run game than I saw Brandon. This is the area I yield to you on, but would a similar 'draft high, kick him inside' situation happen in this draft?.... Yeah, I can see that happening. I feel Cam would be more effective on the interior than Schreff. Though he has come along nicely for Washington, his rookie year was.... just bad.

As is... I can't disagree, but I see OT possibilities in Cam.

My biggest question mark this go 'round is Ramczyk... can't warm up to him and can't put my finger on why.

I have two "loves" in the OL this class: Lamp and Dawkins. I think both can excel inside, but have a very good shot at being successful at OT to boot. And one value-like, UK's Center, Toth with an honorable mention to cal's guy, Moton.

But any takes I have this year have to be looked at in the light that I did not deep dive after FA. I just don't see us as OL players this draft unless it is very late, e.g. tabbing Ole Miss' Justin Senior in the 6th, as I did in my mocks. So all I have are preliminary notes that I never took the time to post. It just seemed like it would be a waste of time.

Just as weekly grading did during the 2016 season... still have Week 17 "in the can" in case I get super bored some afternoon, however.

I remember Greg Cosell and Ross Tucker being baffled about Greg Robinsons draft status they hated him.

I think Conley is terrific - but I can't imagine him falling out of the first round. He showed tremendous

loose hips, speed, there isn't a reason for him to fall. I think at least six cb's go in the first round.

I think Conley is terrific - but I can't imagine him falling out of the first round. He showed tremendous

loose hips, speed, there isn't a reason for him to fall. I think at least six cb's go in the first round.

I agree on the speed and hips, but he'll need to work on his hands at the next level as he never really jams guys at the line. Conley should be taken in the first round, but with this DB class being as deep as it is, it wouldn't be too shocking to see him slip through the cracks.

Agree... Deep CB class could mean teams go elsewhere after Lattimore is picked.

Add that IMO the fall off in talent at other positions is far greater after the top one or two prospects. I think that's what happened in our forum mock which stalled at 3 CBs. Then in our Round 2 they exploded with 6 taken.

Safeties followed a similar pattern with 3 in the 1st and 5 in the 2nd.

Will be interesting to see how predictive we were.

I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....biggest faller Deshone Kizer...biggest surprises Caleb Brantley and Justin Evans ....tear it to bits guys

Damn good effort Darren.....and I had the same thought as Tour....exactly.....2 rounds?.....whats so hard about that.....

Then I open the thread,,,,,and Whoa!

Agree with Mud. And it's why many of the pro mocks stick to one round. Just too many damn variables when a real draft takes place.

I'm off to watch the A&M spring game today. One for sure first rounder in WR Kirk and several new faces on D that will eventually be there too hopefully.

I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....

Easy one... the inspiration of the paycheck...

I'd entirely missed your opening line when I dove into your picks. Still would be unknown to me except for the ever-thorough Mudster...

Sad Day in Greenville,NC :(. I have now thrown in my red challenge flag too. My long dream of my hometown guy WR-Zay Jones becoming a Brown has ended. Zay just barely makes it past pick #33 Every damn mock out there including First-pick. He just will not make it to our pick at 52. In a last ditch effort am buying the drinks & Zay's driving :P

Sad Day in Greenville,NC :(. I have now thrown in my red challenge flag too. My long dream of my hometown guy WR-Zay Jones becoming a Brown has ended. Zay just barely makes it past pick #33 Every damn mock out there including First-pick. He just will not make it to our pick at 52. In a last ditch effort am buying the drinks & Zay's driving :P

Say... Zayonarra...

There's room on my Taywan Taylor wagon....

if it's red? with baseball cards in the spooks with shooting fireworks as the sirens? I'd call it a pattie wagon..bring it on..UUURRRRGGG..we are so screwed when he ends up in division....Maybe if you could get Dallas to take him late 1st? Hometown is Dallas & Cowboys Robert Jones is his daddy..Get me Jerry Jones phone number by draft night..Your on the clock ("Mr.Jones Gumby here")

BRILLIANT.................... YET ANOTHER FUCKED UP, FAILED DRAFT..................

TRUBISKY is the pick at #1 #1

in this mock 2,3,4,5,6,8, 11 are all better picks than Garrett........... Garrett will be nothing in the NFL.

Paxton Lynch has spoken.

Having studied these teams in the board draft..

I don't think either Skins or Ravens will go this way.

Ravens single dire need this offseason is DL after their lack of edge rush was the sole reason for them not making the playoffs. And they traded Jernigan to Philly.. so there's no way they don't go 3-4DE / OLB in the first and second in some combination. Yes, they need WR, but they drafted Perriman in the first recently and I'd think they'll demand he step up rather than take another rd1 WR.

Redskins DL was the weakest part of the team last season and they lost their only useful member of it [baker] to TB in free agency. At present none of the Skins DL [the ridiculous backups they signed in FA] would make the Browns roster, even before Garrett. So there's no way they don't go DL with at least the first 2. They signed Swearinger so they definitely won't draft S before rd3. The RB need is only backup [Kelley is average-to-good].

if it's red? with baseball cards in the spooks with shooting fireworks as the sirens? I'd call it a pattie wagon..bring it on..

Front-seat's broken and the axle's draggin'...

Having studied these teams in the board draft..

BTW... that did show through. Nice job...

• 3 weeks later...

I would make some changes to this draft now ........Especially the Caleb Brantley pick .....I was reading at the time lots of teams had him really high

I would make some changes to this draft now ........Especially the Caleb Brantley pick .....I was reading at the time lots of teams had him really high

I think most of us would make at least one change, which would cascade to all having to make a couple changes...

Maybe we should reconvene for a quick redo...

Archived