THE BROWNS BOARD

Call your shot. OSU VS UM

Browns149

So which senior starters are you willing to call garbage that couldn't beat a couple of kids that were playing high school ball last year?

Sigh

The point isn't that they're garbage. The point is that their skill level as seniors will be lower than what we'll have going forward (and lower than what OSU has now).

Where is OSU starting true freshman?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah it happens. So be it. The loss has been hanging out there for about three games waiting for someone to reach out and grab it and Penn state did. It is what it is. This is a team full of young guys and they'll get better. If Michigan manages to get in the playoffs I'll still hate them but I'll reluctantly root for them over Alabama."

This is what I commented when OSU lost to Penn state. Note how I didn't complain about refs or the fluky nature of the two blocked kicks and all that. That's reasonable and level headed. Taking away all the other shit blaming the refs, trying to paint them as corrupt and biased isn't level headed or fair. It's excuse making. Speight was mediocre. Michigan's rushing attack failed to materialize and their top ranked defense fell apart where Ohio State's held. That's all there is to it.

Did you have objectively bad calls to bring up?

Was there an open OSU fan ref that was previously not allowed to ref PSU s big games?

I mean, I wouldn't expect t you to make this argument if you don't have anything to support it....

Again, the report I saw was the UM was losing 17 senior starters.

If those seniors are not very good, and can easily be replaced by Harbaugh recruits....then why were'nt they?

You seem to be denigrating the seniors you have playing. Why?

Jesus, how many players did OSU lose in the draft last year? How many high draft picks.

Yes, a number. And I've given you background to that number. You choose to ignore it.

I never said they could easily be replaced by freshman and sophomores. That doesn't mean they're at the skill level our seniors will have going forward. Understand the difference?

OSUs team last year literally has nothing to do with this "discussion"

Yes, a number. And I've given you background to that number. You choose to ignore it.

I didn't ignore it...I just got tired of listening to you try to convince yourself that you didn't really find that you have fallen into your own rabbit hole of delusion

I never said they could easily be replaced by freshman and sophomores. That doesn't mean they're at the skill level our seniors will have going forward. Understand the difference?

OSUs team last year literally has nothing to do with this "discussion"

There is no difference to understand. Your sophomores when they are seniors are going to have a greater skill level than your seniors do now?

That is horseshit, bullshit and pigshit.

Maybe some players that you have that are sophomores now may continue to play or will begin to play at a high level.

But, what you seem to imply is that Harbaugh will be a better coach then than he is now.

"These seniors we have now will not be as good as the sophomores will be when they are seniors".

There is no explanation for this other than the fact that you must believe that Harbaugh is doing a half assed job coaching these seniors just because they weren't "his guys".

So, if that what you are saying...Harbaugh is half assing it?

Sigh

The point isn't that they're garbage. The point is that their skill level as seniors will be lower than what we'll have going forward (and lower than what OSU has now).

Where is OSU starting true freshman?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2016-17/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

Lists several freshmen as starter, though I don't know if any are "true freshman" or not. Only the one senior, Elflein...but certainly any number of the juniors could declare for the draft, though, other than McMillan I don't think many of them should do so.

BTW chaps, am I being silly or are the OT rules different in college? As in, a TD did not cause the game to be over, as it would in the NFL?

I'll never really understand why there are such differences like that.

Yes, they're different. It's like innings in baseball. Each teams gets a chance in each "inning" (overtime period). You get the ball on the opponent's 25 yard line. Whatever you do with your offensive opportunity, the other team gets a chance to match or beat. If they match it, you do another one (and their offense goes first this time). If they beat it, they win.

My high school was playing one of the most storied programs in Texas from San Antonio in round 2 of the playoffs a couple weeks ago. Game went to OT. We got the ball first. Settled for a FG. They got the ball and on their first play had a 22 yard run down to the 3. So it's first and goal at the 3. They've been running on us all night so everyone's thinking surely the game will be over. Just have to cross that line. Very next play, our star LB pops the ball out of the RBs hand. We recover. Game over. We got 3. They got 0.

HERE IT IS COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANS!

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2016/11/28/13763600/ohio-state-michigan-2016-nes-tecmo-super-bowl-video

Ohio State’s 30-27 (2OT) comeback win over Michigan was certainly one of the greatest in recent memory. And one of the greatest football games in recent memory is unquestionably the NES classic, Tecmo Bowl.

So, it stands to reason that combining the two would be awesome. And luckily for all of us, that’s happened.

Youtube user Irishkidd84 has recreated the final harrowing moments of the Ohio State-Michigan game on Tecmo Bowl, complete with the field goals, the excellent touchdown catch by Michigan’s Amara Darboh, the controversial spot (which, actually, was good), Curtis Samuel’s ridiculous Bo Jackson impression on 3rd down, and of course, the final score.

We think we’ll be watching highlights of this game for a long time, and in various forms. But only one highlight reel will make you want to fire up the ol’ NES again and start stunting on your little brother, which makes this one potentially the best of them all.

TOUCHDOWN, CURTIS SAMUEL!

You clearly don't know much about Harbaugh. The man idolizes Bo. He walks the same path to work each day that Bo walks. He does the walk to Bo's grave each year. He dresses like him. He tries to embody him whenever he can. So yes, the fact he lives right where Bo used to does pplay a huge significance.

That sounds fucking creepy

Archived