THE BROWNS BOARD

Tribe Signs Encarnacion!

nickers

If he even stays near what he's been it will be good with their lineup...with or without Brantley, Napoli and whoever else is there.

If he even stays near what he's been it will be good with their lineup...with or without Brantley, Napoli and whoever else is there.

Agreed

In chatting with a friend real Tribe fan:

Cheap ass Dolans... :)

dh Santana

2b Kipnis

ss Lindor

1b Encarnacion

lf Brantley

3b Ramirez

rf Chisenhall/Guyer

cf Naquin/Amonte

c Gomes/Perez

I agree this is excellent to bad it has taken 16 years for Dolan to finally dish out some FA money.

Edwin will more than make up for Napoli numbers but Napoli's leadership with this young team is really going to be missed.

I wouldn't count on Brantley coming back anywhere near his old form shoulder issues are pretty much the kiss of death just ask Hafner

I agree this is excellent to bad it has taken 16 years for Dolan to finally dish out some FA money. Edwin will more than make up for Napoli numbers but Napoli's leadership with this young team is really going to be missed. I wouldn't count on Brantley coming back anywhere near his old form shoulder issues are pretty much the kiss of death just ask Hafner

Yes shoulders can be tricky my wife got hurt at work in April 2015 and will probably never return as a nurse, after surgery in May 2016 she's still having PT -and- she doesn't have to face MLB fastballs. Who knows on MB maybe just stay as a contact hitter? And the Tribe did go all the way without him last year so if he returns it will be a nice add to the team.

On Hafner his game was hitting HRs but he disappeared rather fast after problens.

a DH that can also play first base,,,,,yep

And as your emergency or third catcher, a valuable commodity.

Edwin Encarnacion reportedly agrees to a three-year deal with the AL champion Cleveland Indians

Now, before we get too hot and bothered here, let's make some obvious, but pertinent points about this deal, which is pending a physical and said to include a fourth-year option for $25 million.

After all, the very things that allowed Encarnacion to become a member of the Indians are the very things that lend a fair share of risk to the equation.

Encarnacion, whose home run trot features the lovable "Edwing," will be 34 next season. If he ages as well as his buddy David Ortiz, no worries. But mid-30s sluggers sometimes stop slugging.

(Some parrots, though, can live to be 100, so there's that.)

Though Encarnacion is a fundamentally different player than Michael Bourn, the way these events unfolded does bring to mind the way Bourn "fell in the Indians hands" after they had already signed Nick Swisher post-2012. Neither player aged particularly well, and the Indians are still paying the price, in the form of $9 million still owed to Chris Johnson, the guy acquired and then cut as part of a bad contract swap with the Braves.........READ MORE IN ARTICLE. ..........

http://m.indians.mlb.com/news/article/212134270/edwin-encarnacion-deal-a-bold-move-for-indians/

Archived