THE BROWNS BOARD

Was it Royster or Redd that ran over robertson?

Clevfan4life

can't remember but Robertson met the runner square, seemed to have stopped him cold but for some reason stopped driving through the tackle. The RB just squatted him backwards for a couple yds....can't remember if it was for a TD or not, it may have been. In any case that was a tackle that has to be made by a starting ILB on a backup RB whether it's preseason or out back behind the shed. Robertson literally got folded backwards over himself by the RB's driving legs.

the line was crowded, maybe he didn't know that the guy had the ball, that he was just blocking him... that was my first thought.

except it was Armonty that made the initial stop. Go back and watch it, #95 makes the initial hit that stonewalls Morris. But yeah Robertson did come in and ensure that Morris's 2nd effort didn't get in even though it was close by a cunt hair anyway.

In his defense, he also made a crucial stop on the goal line in that 4-play stand.

I can't provide the link here cause something with my settings or my browser won't allow it...but google. Miami's Denzel Perryman to see how a LB'er is supposed to put his helmet under the runners chin and blow through him. This dude is decleating guys that have a running start at him AND are able to prepare for the contact by lowering their shoulders.

Yeah that's not good....and he didn't have any help either like another OL pushing him.

Nope....he had perfect position to make the play and simply got owned.....though, gotta say we were pretty solid on the goal line overall!...

Archived