THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine might wait another game to name starter.

WalterWhite

The bottom line is two fold:

1. Hoyer was the starter at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year. It was Manziel's job to take it away and he didn't do that.

2. The Browns aren't going to win in Pittsburgh barring a fluke so why put Manziel in that situation if he is indeed the future?

To see if he is the future. If the kid is going to get hurt it doesn't matter if it's week one or year two

based on hoyer's performance so far, i'd start grossman and let johnny continue to learn the offense.....hoyer sucks....grossman knows how to play.....neither hoyer or manziel do...manziel might in another month or so.....let rex lead the team......trade hoyer....keep shaw.....

After last night debacle, it was really hard to even think we are close to being a good team. Our Defense did ok, but will throw in the towel with no support. Last nights game for our offense was so damn bad, horrible throws, could be from timing issues, but i dont think a 10 yards pass is 2 hard to make. I am so tired of hearing from other people how bad we always look, and its pretty damn hard to defend it. I know its preseason and all that jazz, I just hope they get their shit together.

The bottom line is two fold:

1. Hoyer was the starter at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year. It was Manziel's job to take it away and he didn't do that.

2. The Browns aren't going to win in Pittsburgh barring a fluke so why put Manziel in that situation if he is indeed the future?

1. It wasn't Hoyer's job to lose. It was a job for either of them to win. At this point, they are both equally in the weeds. Trade the guy who gives you the most value and start the other. Then use one of the two first round picks next year (or package them to move up) and take the top-rated QB in next year's draft. The top three prospects next season are all better physical prospects than Johnny, they have the same athletic playmaking ability, and they are all less of a media distraction. (Not that I give a shit about that at all.)

2. That's funny.

Johnny's purpose was to put the spotlight on Cleveland. He did that, in great fashion. To me...he's grown out of his usefulness.

Say we trade him for a first round pick, we take a QB with that pick, and Johnny goes on to have a great NFL career. Even if the QB we get from his pick ends up being less of an influential player, Johnny will still have helped the team in great fashion because he'll have also allowed us to take two other great first round players.

To be clear, I don't expect any of that to happen...I'm just saying that's what I would do if this were Madden and I were running the Browns.

1. It wasn't Hoyer's job to lose. It was a job for either of them to win. At this point, they are both equally in the weeds. Trade the guy who gives you the most value and start the other. Then use one of the two first round picks next year (or package them to move up) and take the top-rated QB in next year's draft. The top three prospects next season are all better physical prospects than Johnny, they have the same athletic playmaking ability, and they are all less of a media distraction. (Not that I give a shit about that at all.)

2. That's funny.

Johnny's purpose was to put the spotlight on Cleveland. He did that, in great fashion. To me...he's grown out of his usefulness.

Say we trade him for a first round pick, we take a QB with that pick, and Johnny goes on to have a great NFL career. Even if the QB we get from his pick ends up being less of an influential player, Johnny will still have helped the team in great fashion because he'll have also allowed us to take two other great first round players.

To be clear, I don't expect any of that to happen...I'm just saying that's what I would do if this were Madden and I were running the Browns.

I would shit bricks of joy if we could get a first round pick for him now. If we could send him and a throw in to the Texans for Andre Johnson and a first Id need a paramedic to bring me back from my stroke.

2. That's funny. Funny ha ha or funny queer? Either way it's the simple truth.

Johnny's purpose was to put the spotlight on Cleveland. He did that, in great fashion. To me...he's grown out of his usefulness. Do you enjoy the Browns being on every sports TV and radio show as the dysfunctional organization who can't seem to do anything right? Is that the spotlight you want?

Say we trade him for a first round pick, we take a QB with that pick, and Johnny goes on to have a great NFL career. Even if the QB we get from his pick ends up being less of an influential player, Johnny will still have helped the team in great fashion because he'll have also allowed us to take two other great first round players. I doubt pretty seriously if you could get a second round pick for him.

I don't think our inept offense will have any troubles with your ancient and decrepit defense. Nor do I expect to have your

There's no such thing as bad media. Whether people are shittalking the Browns or singing their praises, they're still talking about them. That's why they sold out of season tickets in 30 minutes, that's why their first preseason game broke NFL records, that's why every home game is already nearly (and will be) sold out, and that's why Cleveland will beat Pittsburgh in attendance figures.

Tell me, for a team that's so unparalleled and amazing, why did they finish 28th in the league in fan attendance percentage last year, sandwiched between St. Louis and Jacksonville?

Oh, that's right. It's because your fanbase is 95% poor dumpster trash bandwagoners.

But please, continue to spew out your opinions like they are fact. The rest of us will just use facts like they're facts.

I feel like l've been brow beaten to the point that l don't care who it is, but l agree they gotta pick a guy and they gotta do it now.

Let whoever it is get lots and lots and lots of work from now until the season starts.

That was my biggest concern going into this season was too much newness happening with the offense. Recipe for a slow start.

Can I get an analysis of the first play? What happened exactly? It looks like the ball was snapped by Mack before it should have been. It caught Hoyer and Swartz off-guard. Whatever did occur, if I'm Pettine, I'd be royally pissed by the lack of execution and coordination on the first play. I'd also be pissed at receivers for dropped balls (a problem all pre-season) and with both QB's throws as they were behind, too low, completely off target or lacking a tight spiral. Ask anyone who's played the game, a wobbly pass is 10X harder to catch, especially if it's a hard throw.

You're really quite delusional.

It's obvious that you don't pay attention to anything outside of the shithole you love when it comes to NFL football. Our defense has had a strong influx of youth and either way will handle the Browns as they normally do. History supports those facts!

They have an influx of youth. If it will be strong is yet to be determined. Besides:

History said that the Seattle Seahawks never won a thing. What is their status right now? Oh yes, NFL champs.

History said no African-American was ever President. Let's see....who is President now?

History had the US fighting major wars with Germany and Japan....who are now our closest allies.

History is fine to study......but it is not an accurate predictor of the future. Let history be and let the present and the future take care of itself.

I guess being a Browns fan you have to see bad media as being okay, since that's all you get. History supports those facts.

The Steelers have a 50 year waiting list for season tickets. Funny.......roughly the length of time it's been since the Browns won a championship. History supports those facts.

See, history cuts both ways. History supports the fact that if the Steelers don't do well their fans stay away in droves. Pittsburgh is a fair weather fan city. History supports that.

Don't be a dipshit! You support that fact.

I can't believe how much hate for Manziel there is from Browns fans.... He's our first round rookie QB... we should be excited. I guess maybe it's a good thing...

No hate... just pacing myself by holding off until he does something exciting... on an NFL field...

Archived