THE BROWNS BOARD

Would You Trade JF?

Tim Couch Pulls Out

LOL to anyone truely even contemplating such a move. You don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Like it or not JF has made Cleveland relevant to the point it likely even enticed the King to come home, let alone already filling the coffers with money before even a down of regular season play. Cleveland is THE sports town right now. Every single sports show adresses the Browns every single day. Why would you ever mess with that before you even give him a chance to earn Johnny Cleveland?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL to anyone truely even contemplating such a move. You don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Like it or not JF has made Cleveland relevant to the point it likely even enticed the King to come home, let alone already filling the coffers with money before even a down of regular season play. Cleveland is THE sports town right now. Every single sports show adresses the Browns every single day. Why would you ever mess with that before you even give him a chance to earn Johnny Cleveland?

Maybe because we care more about winning than we care about having stories about Cleveland shown on Sportscenter.

Tell me when the dude wins a game. Tell me when he takes the Browns to the Super Bowl.

JFF isn't the Goose that laid the Golden Egg. He has produced nothing yet. Hell, he hasn't even yet been fucked by the Gander yet.

Lets pop his cherry before we start counting our chickens.

To get a better quarterback, plus another first round prospect?

I know, thinking about anything other than right now hurts your brain.

How could you possibly know you're getting a better QB? We just drafted the guy. Can we at least see if he's any good first? Ouch... my brain hurts

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA fucking old man bleeding deacon

No idea what he meant, but was somewhat inventive...

That was actually offensive. No wonder it went unsigned.

He's the greatest of all time, the faster you accept that, the better off you'll be fart face.

Would not last a round with Ali...

I think Walter really hates Manziel and is a super liberal uber neo-con trolling this board.

Fixed...

Gipper-here is the key element of my post you missed, "Why would you ever mess with that before you even give him a chance to earn Johnny Cleveland?"

I'm talking about anyone seriously considering a trade before the season even starts. After that all bets are off.

One... it's a hy-po-the-ti-cal...

Two... JM got LJ to come home? Really?

Three. Whose coffers? What money?

Four.. IT'S A HY-PO-THE-TI-CAL...

... and I'm pretty sure that in "sports towns" they cover teams, not soap operas...

How could you possibly know you're getting a better QB? We just drafted the guy. Can we at least see if he's any good first? Ouch... my brain hurts

How could you possibly know you're getting a worse QB? We just drafted the guy. We have no clue what he's going to become.

The chances of Manziel being a successful NFL QB, at this very moment, are exactly the same as Winston's, Hundley's, Mariota's, Bortles', Bridgewater's, etc.

In the basest of rationalities, Manziel has a 50/50 chance, right now, at being a successful NFL QB. He either will be or he won't be. I would trade that in a heartbeat for the chance to get two guys with 50/50 shots at being successful.

Trading Manziel would do two things:

1) it would give us a chance to fully see what Hoyer (and maybe Shaw) are capable of

and

2) it would give us a couple additional high-probability draft picks to build future positions of need

Obviously, this is a hypothetical situation and it won't happen. And I am happy with having Johnny Manziel. But, personally, I don't stop trying to improve something just because I'm happy. If there's a way to make the Browns better, it should be explored.

Two... JM got LJ to come home? Really?

Yes, nevermind that Lebron is FROM Akron, owns a home there, his wife is from there, they want to raise their kids there, the Cavs roster is laden with young talent and room to maneuver someone like Kevin Love, it was a great PR move that everyone in basketball landscape that is not from Miami loved ... the greatest basketball player on earth is coming to Cleveland because the browns took a chance on a 5'11 qb with the 22nd pick in the draft.

I hear Miguel Cabrera chose Detroit because of the buzz surrounding the drafting of Gosder Cherilus.

Zombo

--Derek Jeter wouldn't re-sign with the Yankess until he was sure the Giants were going to keep Steve Weatherford as their punter.

Gipper-here is the key element of my post you missed, "Why would you ever mess with that before you even give him a chance to earn Johnny Cleveland?"

I'm talking about anyone seriously considering a trade before the season even starts. After that all bets are off.

I am not advocating a trade at all.....and I don't want him to be messed with. All I am saying.....to stick with the foul analogy....is that I don't now know if he is chicken salad or chicken shit. Let's pluck him before we roast .....or toast him.

LOL just when I think no one can top the man love Walter gives JFF someone posts this kind of shit. If you think Manziel was even the tiniest consideration on Lebrons part for his return you are seriously mentally challenged.

How could you possibly know you're getting a worse QB? We just drafted the guy. We have no clue what he's going to become.

The chances of Manziel being a successful NFL QB, at this very moment, are exactly the same as Winston's, Hundley's, Mariota's, Bortles', Bridgewater's, etc.

In the basest of rationalities, Manziel has a 50/50 chance, right now, at being a successful NFL QB. He either will be or he won't be. I would trade that in a heartbeat for the chance to get two guys with 50/50 shots at being successful.

Trading Manziel would do two things:

1) it would give us a chance to fully see what Hoyer (and maybe Shaw) are capable of

and

2) it would give us a couple additional high-probability draft picks to build future positions of need

Obviously, this is a hypothetical situation and it won't happen. And I am happy with having Johnny Manziel. But, personally, I don't stop trying to improve something just because I'm happy. If there's a way to make the Browns better, it should be explored.

Uh high probability draft picks and not having to draft out of need? Come on dude if Hoyer shits the bed we have no quarterback. None. Then we will spend those two high probability pics on another untested rookie that you will hate if Oregon or Florida fans join the board.

WSS

At this point, I wouldn't trade Manziel for anything less than 3 first round picks plus a couple other throw in picks in the 3rd to 4th rounds. Look at ALL the Raiders had to give away for that piece of shit Carson Palmer. We are talking about a player that may be good enough to change the entire game. I've never quite seen a player do the kinds of things that Manziel does on a football field. He is exciting and manifests the will to win from the team that I've not seen in a QB for a long time.

At this point it is still kind of up in the air as to what his potential could be. But that is the exact reason that I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a king's ransom. We haven't had a QB worth his salt in almost 20 years. We may have found our guy in Manziel. Another preseason game like the last one, this time against and with the 'ones' and I'm all but sold on the kid. He truly is a special player and one that I could enjoy watching with that kind of passion and will to make things happen on the field.

Uh high probability draft picks and not having to draft out of need? Come on dude if Hoyer shits the bed we have no quarterback. None. Then we will spend those two high probability pics on another untested rookie that you will hate if Oregon or Florida fans join the board.

WSS

there is no following (not even for tebow) that matches the JohnnyFootball fag boy circus.

i thought texas was supposed to be rough and tumble, with cowboys and oil and guns. instead it turns out the grass is pink and the cattle wear tutus and every 15 year old boy who didn't know how to come out of the closet has latched onto johnny manziel as if he's something other than human.

god forbid hoyer wins the job and plays the whole season and does well. imagine the bitching from the JF crew?

At this point, I wouldn't trade Manziel for anything less than 3 first round picks plus a couple other throw in picks in the 3rd to 4th rounds. Look at ALL the Raiders had to give away for that piece of shit Carson Palmer. We are talking about a player that may be good enough to change the entire game. I've never quite seen a player do the kinds of things that Manziel does on a football field. He is exciting and manifests the will to win from the team that I've not seen in a QB for a long time.

At this point it is still kind of up in the air as to what his potential could be. But that is the exact reason that I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a king's ransom. We haven't had a QB worth his salt in almost 20 years. We may have found our guy in Manziel. Another preseason game like the last one, this time against and with the 'ones' and I'm all but sold on the kid. He truly is a special player and one that I could enjoy watching with that kind of passion and will to make things happen on the field.

HAHAHA!!

it's all over JF fans. PoG just gave you the kiss of death. ask trent richardson.

i thought texas was supposed to be rough and tumble, with cowboys and oil and guns. instead it turns out the grass is pink and the cattle wear tutus and every 15 year old boy who didn't know how to come out of the closet has latched onto johnny manziel as if he's something other than human.

Damn near wet myself...

Mike Pettine is deciding to drive the Volvo while he has a Lamborghini in the garage.

Why buy it?

Because a Volvo is a sturdier, steadier vehicle? It handles the road much better and is far less likely to end up in a ditch! It has far more capacity to carry additional passengers?

I am sure I could come up with some other auto analogies, just like I did with the chicken/goose analogies.

All that said, I sure want to take that Lamborghini out for a test drive to see how far I can get before I crash and burn...and to see if I can get fully cross country without that happening.

there is no following (not even for tebow) that matches the JohnnyFootball fag boy circus.

god forbid hoyer wins the job and plays the whole season and does well. imagine the bitching from the JF crew?

Well, Texas does have some real cowboys....I can attest to that. My borther used to be one of them.

But they sure do also have their share of phony cowboys. Urban Cowboys.

I give credit to John Travolta for being able to portray that kind of character perfectly.

I mean, there was just enough of his real NY/NJ accent creeping into his faux Texas accent to give it credibility.

lol- kiss of death... :blush:

Damn mik we may have to make you an honorary fanboy. You're gettin' downright poetic lately. :lol:

In response to the original question....HELL NO! This kid is smart with fantastic upside & athleticism & we would be foolish to trade him, especially this early.

That's my opinion and, while that isn't worth much, I think the kid's a winner. Let's see what he can do for US before we talk of trading him.

Mike

Archived