THE BROWNS BOARD

DeShaun Watson needs to be BROWNS PRIME TARGET

Orangenotbrown

You know what, I have a great idea. Lets wait and see for a few weeks. Watson, if he is smart, will be at the Senior Bowl. Both guys will go to the combine and have pro days. Experts and fans alike will have time to look at highlights. I think last night, Watson put his name into the consideration and the Browns will be giving him even more of a peek.

This. ALL of this. Watson really needs to go to the Senior Bowl, especially because Hue Jackson is coaching and we hold the 1st and 12th pick of the draft. I've said it before, but Watson appears to be the kind of guy Hue likes. Of course, so does Trubisky. I listened to the radio show on Tuesday, and it was interesting. Nathan was saying there was a different broadcast that had 6 head coaches from NCAA football breaking down the "all 22" angle. He indicated that the coaches kept pointing out all of the mistakes Watson was making, and said that if people watched the normal broadcast, they would love Watson, but if they watched the coach narrated version, they wouldn't.

To Me...Watson looks like a bust waiting to happen.. I want a Pocket QB who can "Read defenses" and have a quick release.. Running QB's have a very short shelf life.. No thanks.. I'll pass on DW.

I'll be shocked if Watson plays in the Sr. Bowl.

lets remember that our coach LOVES RGIII.....and also drafted Pryor to be his QB in his last HC stint.....so wouldnt surprise me one tiny bit if he wanted Watson......

Me neither, but I have faith in our consensus process...

If all the groups come up with Watson as the answer so be it... but not seeing that as likely.

Not sure why this deserves a thread. Watson may get drafted by some team that panics.. but he's not very good, and has a 3rd-round rating by seven teams.

Cleveland doesn't need to be the team that reaches for him..

Put in more detail than what I previously posted, but 100% agree.

Why is that? Isn't he scheduled to play?

If all the groups come up with Watson as the answer so be it... but not seeing that as likely.

What if Hue creams his jeans over him?

Not originally- our old pal Phil Savage put out the welcome mat for him though. I've mentioned- to be fair, he should invite Mitch- he's declared (IIRC Watson has not of this date) & Mitch has graduated, like DeShawn.

MHO? They should allow any Underclassman who's declared and is draft eligible get an invite. Don't be selective about it. LOL it would sure up the level of competition. If that was the case a couple of our OSU guys like Hooker would be playing.

Not originally- our old pal Phil Savage put out the welcome mat for him though. I've mentioned- to be fair, he should invite Mitch- he's declared (IIRC Watson has not of this date) & Mitch has graduated, like DeShawn.

MHO? They should allow any Underclassman who's declared and is draft eligible get an invite. Don't be selective about it. LOL it would sure up the level of competition. If that was the case a couple of our OSU guys like Hooker would be playing.

Well, here is a question: What constitutes a "Senior". From what I understand, Trubisky has already graduated, or will graduate in May.

Why would not a guy that has graduated...or about to do so not be considered a Senior?

If those guys can't come, then change the name of the game. Call it the "Players who have used up 4 years of eligibility Bowl" or some such.

Watson honored to be invited to Senior Bowl, not sure if he'll play

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000770778/article/watson-honored-to-be-invited-to-senior-bowl-not-sure-if-hell-play

What does he have to gain by playing? What does he risk?

Hue can cream whatever he wants... won't change a thing.

As for declared, underclassmen participation...

I think the Senior limitation is a way to reward 4-year players... showcase some of the non-elite and/or small-school talent that otherwise goes less noticed, if not completely unnoticed, players. Keep it the same...

If underclassmen want a showcase, then they can stay in school of course. That said, if someone wanted to put together "The Jack-in-the-Box" Declared Underclassmen Bowl, I'd have no issue with that.

As for declared, underclassmen participation...

I think the Senior limitation is a way to reward 4-year players... showcase some of the non-elite and/or small-school talent that otherwise goes less noticed, if not completely unnoticed, players. Keep it the same...

If underclassmen want a showcase, then they can stay in school of course. That said, if someone wanted to put together "The Jack-in-the-Box" Declared Underclassmen Bowl, I'd have no issue with that.

Do the other all star games, like the East West Shrine game, allow 3rd year players in?

Archived