THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

LondonBrown

Obviously I've seen and heard of Tribusky, Kizer and Watson as the main QBs in this draft but just seen a mock with Josh Allen at #3.

Is he this year's Carson Wentz, the late riser that goes near enough first QB off the board?

Obviously I've seen and heard of Tribusky, Kizer and Watson as the main QBs in this draft but just seen a mock with Josh Allen at #3.

Is he this year's Carson Wentz, the late riser that goes near enough first QB off the board?

I saw him play twice this year and wasn't all that impressed with him. Could be good eventually but definitely needs work.

Everyone's looking for that romantic small school with all the tools story every year, especially with Bortles and Wentz going so high recently. They may just be reaching on Allen or he may be legit, but he probably needs a lot of 'seasoning' at the top level.

Everyone's looking for that romantic small school with all the tools story every year, especially with Bortles and Wentz going so high recently. They may just be reaching on Allen or he may be legit, but he probably needs a lot of 'seasoning' at the top level.

Blake Bortles NFL career should be scaring teams away from the small school kid with all the tools. Bortles still sucks 3 years into his career.

Not sure if he's even declared yet. Watched some of his tape. Poor man's Trubisky. Plays for Wyoming. BTW, I love the Cowboys. Lesser competition. #3 overall? Guy is on drugs.

Yeah- I saw that too, and to quote our former regular Shep- that's magical thinking. Walter football doesn't have him in his top 18 qb prospects, though should he declare (he shouldn't) he'll probably be ranked, but it sure as hell won't be #2 behind Mitch. Here's the updated mock. MHO? If he declares, he's a fifth or so round prospect on the level of AJ McCarron.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686138-2017-nfl-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-top-prospects-after-cfp-championship

Seems like the BR report guy changed his mind......

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2017/1/8/14196380/2017-nfl-draft-josh-allen-undecided-about-future

Ben R....Miami

Steve McNair...Alcorn A&M

Bortles and Dante Culpepper Cent. Fla.

Flacco...Delaware

Ken O'Brien Cal-Davis

Doug Williams....Grambling

Pennington, Leftwich....Marshall

Phil Simms....Morehead St.

Tommy Kramer....Rice

Just a few examples of first round, small school QBs.

Blake Bortles NFL career should be scaring teams away from the small school kid with all the tools. Bortles still sucks 3 years into his career.

What do you expect when you take a guy who is raw as shit, then put him on a team with a defensive minded HC and give him three different OCs in three years, along with no true QB coach?

Bortles may very well suck, but half the blame (or more) lies on Jacksonville for totally not knowing how to handle the QB project they drafted. Buncha fuckin' morons down there.

Not sure if he's even declared yet. Watched some of his tape. Poor man's Trubisky. Plays for Wyoming. BTW, I love the Cowboys. Lesser competition. #3 overall? Guy is on drugs.

Way lesser competition. I watched every SDSU game (same conference) and they are so far below the level of top D1 schools its ridiculous.

To add I'd take Blake bortles in Cleveland in a second. As for the draft I'd be really excited if they waited and stole P. Mahomes. I think he's gonna be the biggest climber in the draft.

Again, Bortles is better than any QB on the current Browns roster.

To add I'd take Blake bortles in Cleveland in a second. As for the draft I'd be really excited if they waited and stole P. Mahomes. I think he's gonna be the biggest climber in the draft.

Regarding Bortles, no thanks.

Regarding Mahomes- We shall see won't we? I reserve final judgement until after the combine. First glance, he looks like a bigger version of Johnny Football without the drinking problem, And a better arm. Mechanics are a mess.

If we're not taking Mitch- I'd rather have Mahomes than Watson as a project.

Not sure UCF was a "small school" when Blake graduated. Their program, and competition level, rose significantly during Bortles' time there.

His last year there, 2013, USF went 12-1 vs. primarily significant, FBS opponents including: Penn State, South Carolina, Memphis, Louisville, Houston, Temple, Rutgers, Southern Methodist, and Baylor. They beat them all. Their lone loss was vs. South Carolina.

Only once in that season did his performance fail to measure up, the win at Memphis.

Archived