THE BROWNS BOARD

Bama v Clemson

LondonBrown

I stand by my earlier assessment- he's another RG III some team is going to fall in love with because of his athleticism.

You mean someone like say, oh I don't know, .....................maybe........................................OH LORD.........................say...................................................................HUEY! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean someone like say, oh I don't know, .....................maybe........................................OH LORD.........................say...................................................................HUEY! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! ;)

Watson is invited to the Senior bowl. Hue will luv him long time and the rest becomes history.

He's a heck of a football player.

And a pretty accurate passer.

Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.

Z

Even though he (they) just won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP I have the same strange feeling about Watson...and Watson has some strange comments about the game and his premonitions, spooky huh. :huh:

Terrific game...just amazing. Clemson never quit, and absorbed every punch Bama threw. Clemson ain't afraid to run that "pick play" every time they need a touchdown, LOL.

Except Watson's not a senior. I am impressed that he graduated in three years, which means he's no dummy. Ha- Trubisky is though- already graduated. can they put him on the roster at this late time?

Argggggg......

Double Argggggg. If those weren't flagrant pick plays, I don't know what one is.

#1? Watson didn't show me anything so spectacular to warrant moving up that far. Mike Williams bailed him out mucho plenty of times. If they have him rated as the top WR in the draft, I can see why. Shades of JF having Evans as his security blanket- just chuck it up in the same area code, and expect good things to happen. Alabama found out they couldn't cover him one on one- that freed up the other wrs for single coverage. And as Ag pointed out, uncalled pick plays. One of Clemson's TDs was directly attributable to Williams- the 'Bama defender knew he was beat, so he had to grab him, putting the ball on the 2 yard line.

Had to look- Watson's completion % in that game was marginally higher than Trubiski's against Stanford. 63% as opposed to 60% But Mitch's wrs were dropping passes left and right that hit them in the numbers.

Z, there were plenty of off target passes, as well as the nice ones. I also saw Deshawn took helicopter lessons from our pal McCown. OK, impressed he was able to get back up after some of the shots Alabama put on him. Take away his running ability, and he's a very average prospect. I stand by my earlier assessment- he's another RG III some team is going to fall in love with because of his athleticism.

Yes but Phil Sewage has extended an invite to him. Been in local press since it was announced that our 1-15 HC will be running the South team. Some sort of technicality allows Watson to play

They changed the rule last year to allow 4 year juniors who have graduated to take part in the senior bowl. Even though Watson has only played 3 years, I believe they are relaxing the rules further to allow 3 year junior graduates to play. I don't see them ever letting 3 year sophmores play though. I don't think they want to encourage rs sophmores to leave for the draft early.

Big 12 referees suck-that was a terrible no call on the pick to free the wr

That's a Steelers staple, they've run that play for years. The key is the picker, all discreet. Not too many refs ever call it, unless it's run by Cle, Detroit, Oakland, or Buffalo.

Amazing analysis, Hoorta. Two years, two BCS bowl games against Bama's top defense, puts up over 450 yards of offense in both national title games. You gotta give him a better than "average" rating and "shades of JF". He's going to go top 5 ... probably top 3 ... and maybe #1

If the Browns draft him, I'll puke.

OK, for those of you who watched the game. I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

From the snippet I saw, the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

But what about the various other players?

Give your scouting reports.

I'll add another guy who won't get the fanfare but really intrigued me as a late round pick: Ben Boulware. I was pretty impressed by how much he was called upon to shift defensive players and basically run that defense (pretty well IMO too). There's obvious physical limitations there but he seems to be a guy who could end up being a 7th round or FA pickup.

On top of that, his postgame speech was awesome. The guy clearly has a passion for the game too and showed leadership qualities.

He's a heck of a football player.

And a pretty accurate passer.

Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.

Z

Watson reminds me of McNabb, but more consistent (game-to-game) ... and skinnier. I think he has the same potential in the NFL.

Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen. :lol:

Being doubled by a center and guard vs chipped by a back or TE?

I'd say there is a difference.

Edit; I didn't see 3/4 of the game but Bama tried some double eagle looks that just didn't work.

Really did a disservice to Allen allowing the Oline to reach him that easily with double teams.

I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..

Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..

Might want to throw in Ryan Anderson in there.

I'll add another guy who won't get the fanfare but really intrigued me as a late round pick: Ben Boulware. I was pretty impressed by how much he was called upon to shift defensive players and basically run that defense (pretty well IMO too). There's obvious physical limitations there but he seems to be a guy who could end up being a 7th round or FA pickup.

On top of that, his postgame speech was awesome. The guy clearly has a passion for the game too and showed leadership qualities.

The only physical limitation is his height. For a MLB'er not so important. Zach Thomas was his height and was one of the best LB'ers. I'd take Boulware in a heartbeat. Dude is low and strong like a bull, gets to the point fast too. Dude was reading bama's plays like they were posted on the screen.

OK, for those of you who watched the game. I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

From the snippet I saw, the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

Give your scouting reports.

The other guys pretty much covered it Gip. Williams is generally considered the best WR in the 2017 draft, should go first round. DL Allen didn't impress me, probably slipped behind Garrett in draft order. I liked Foster, Anderson, and Boulware.

The only physical limitation is his height. For a MLB'er not so important. Zach Thomas was his height and was one of the best LB'ers. I'd take Boulware in a heartbeat. Dude is low and strong like a bull, gets to the point fast too. Dude was reading bama's plays like they were posted on the screen.

Boulware was reading all his ques as if he had written Bama's playbook. That is one smart guy who arrives quickly and with intensity. I would like him to be a Brown. He can fire up a team!!

And Foster just moved up to the point he may be out of our reach @ #12 now. Trade up dammit.

Edit: Clemson DT Watkins is a keeper. I'd take him early 3rd if he is still there. But then there are a couple safeties we need there too so, hard choices.

Boulware was reading all his ques as if he had written Bama's playbook. That is one smart guy who arrives quickly and with intensity. I would like him to be a Brown. He can fire up a team!!

And Foster just moved up to the point he may be out of our reach @ #12 now. Trade up dammit.

Edit: Clemson DT Watkins is a keeper. I'd take him early 3rd if he is still there. But then there are a couple safeties we need there too so, hard choices.

The pro talent isn't limited to 'Bama or Clemson ya know. There's a few guys us Ohio State homers have out eyes on. Now about that kid from North Carolina.... if we can't have him, at least give me Shazier as a consolation prize. :D

Archived