THE BROWNS BOARD

Bama v Clemson

LondonBrown

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama wins. Hue falls in love with Watson during senior bowl week and lobbies go to draft him. Watson will become the biggest QB bust since Russell. That will be Hues retirement icing after 0-6 start next season. I hear 3 outa 4 homeless dudes prefer Watson too. That should make Trubisky a HOF QB...For another team. We're the Browns, it's what we do

Bama wins. Hue falls in love with Watson during senior bowl week and lobbies go to draft him. Watson will become the biggest QB bust since Russell. That will be Hues retirement icing after 0-6 start next season. I hear 3 outa 4 homeless dudes prefer Watson too. That should make Trubisky a HOF QB...For another team. We're the Browns, it's what we do

arent you the optimist

What do you think the Aggie offense makes their bones on with the sprint out concepts? They may be a little more subtle about it, but not much.

Those two picks were not even subtle. Out and out blocks across the LOS to open up the receiver. Pretty bad no calls. I don't mind Bama giving one up to an underdog that hasn't won one, but I don't like it to be because of poor refereeing. Ruins the purity of the win for me.

Those two picks were not even subtle. Out and out blocks across the LOS to open up the receiver. Pretty bad no calls. I don't mind Bama giving one up to an underdog that hasn't won one, but I don't like it to be because of poor refereeing. Ruins the purity of the win for me.

The first one was subtle and a good "no call". It was marginal and WR are allowed to run criss-crossing patterns. It could have been called but I think most refs would not have called it. The second one was not subtle and a clear pick. What makes it worse is that the refs don't make the obvious pick penalty call after they didn't make it on the earlier, margin call. You would think that even refs would pick-up a thing or two.

I agree. Maybe all the way to #1.

He's a heck of a football player.

And a pretty accurate passer.

Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.

Z

Alabama wins! Browns draft Allen & Foster!

See below.

Is Allen gonna show-up at some point in this first half?

Didn't see much of Allen- other than one play where he creamed Watson, took forever for him to get there. Didn't see much push, and a decided lack of effort when the play wasn't going his way. Was moved around a lot on the D-line. Only one game though. If that's how he plays, I say Nyet @ #1. Way more impressed with Rubin Foster and Ryan Anderson. Ben Boulware from Clemson.

Except Watson's not a senior. I am impressed that he graduated in three years, which means he's no dummy. Ha- Trubisky is though- already graduated. can they put him on the roster at this late time?

Big 12 referees suck-that was a terrible no call on the pick to free the wr

Argggggg......

Identical pick play to win. Big 12 refs really suck at calling those.

Double Argggggg. If those weren't flagrant pick plays, I don't know what one is.

I agree. Maybe all the way to #1.

#1? Watson didn't show me anything so spectacular to warrant moving up that far. Mike Williams bailed him out mucho plenty of times. If they have him rated as the top WR in the draft, I can see why. Shades of JF having Evans as his security blanket- just chuck it up in the same area code, and expect good things to happen. Alabama found out they couldn't cover him one on one- that freed up the other wrs for single coverage. And as Ag pointed out, uncalled pick plays. One of Clemson's TDs was directly attributable to Williams- the 'Bama defender knew he was beat, so he had to grab him, putting the ball on the 2 yard line.

Had to look- Watson's completion % in that game was marginally higher than Trubiski's against Stanford. 63% as opposed to 60% But Mitch's wrs were dropping passes left and right that hit them in the numbers.

Z, there were plenty of off target passes, as well as the nice ones. I also saw Deshawn took helicopter lessons from our pal McCown. OK, impressed he was able to get back up after some of the shots Alabama put on him. Take away his running ability, and he's a very average prospect. I stand by my earlier assessment- he's another RG III some team is going to fall in love with because of his athleticism.

Amazing analysis, Hoorta. Two years, two BCS bowl games against Bama's top defense, puts up over 450 yards of offense in both national title games. You gotta give him a better than "average" rating and "shades of JF". He's going to go top 5 ... probably top 3 ... and maybe #1

Except Watson's not a senior. I am impressed that he graduated in three years, which means he's no dummy. Ha- Trubisky is though- already graduated. can they put him on the roster at this late time?

Argggggg......

Double Argggggg. If those weren't flagrant pick plays, I don't know what one is.

#1? Watson didn't show me anything so spectacular to warrant moving up that far. Mike Williams bailed him out mucho plenty of times. If they have him rated as the top WR in the draft, I can see why. Shades of JF having Evans as his security blanket- just chuck it up in the same area code, and expect good things to happen. Alabama found out they couldn't cover him one on one- that freed up the other wrs for single coverage. And as Ag pointed out, uncalled pick plays. One of Clemson's TDs was directly attributable to Williams- the 'Bama defender knew he was beat, so he had to grab him, putting the ball on the 2 yard line.

Had to look- Watson's completion % in that game was marginally higher than Trubiski's against Stanford. 63% as opposed to 60% But Mitch's wrs were dropping passes left and right that hit them in the numbers.

Z, there were plenty of off target passes, as well as the nice ones. I also saw Deshawn took helicopter lessons from our pal McCown. OK, impressed he was able to get back up after some of the shots Alabama put on him. Take away his running ability, and he's a very average prospect. I stand by my earlier assessment- he's another RG III some team is going to fall in love with because of his athleticism.

Yes but Phil Sewage has extended an invite to him. Been in local press since it was announced that our 1-15 HC will be running the South team. Some sort of technicality allows Watson to play

Archived