THE BROWNS BOARD

Around the League

Harry Buffalo

I didn't want to create another thread, so I thought I would just mention this here. Tom Coughlin was just signed by Jax as VP of Football Operations. I think that is neat.

Fair to say then that it will be he who choosed the next Jax HC? That's a good deal for them. They underachieved badly this past year, imo. I expected them to make a playoff push.

I didn't want to create another thread, so I thought I would just mention this here. Tom Coughlin was just signed by Jax as VP of Football Operations. I think that is neat.

And Doug Marrone is Head Coach.

And Mike Pettine is interviewing for Redskins DC job.

I hope he had a hell of a year off spending Jimmy's money. Two years of answering manziel questions was probably the worst job ever.

Zombo

And Doug Marrone is Head Coach.

And Mike Pettine is interviewing for Redskins DC job.

I hope he had a hell of a year off spending Jimmy's money. Two years of answering manziel questions was probably the worst job ever.

Zombo

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-plan-to-name-doug-marrone-as-permanent-head-coach/379109638

One opening down. What? 5-6 more to go? 49ers, Rams, Chargers, Bills...who else?

Strikes me as weird... but I like the HC hire.

And go, Pet, go...

Lane Kiffin was the previous youngest coach. That worked out well, didn't it.

Two coaching vacancies left.

These teams are really not patient, are they. The Kyle Shanahans and the Josh McDaniels, leading candidates could get shut out if the Chargers and 49ers are also this impatient.

I get the feeling the Rams as an organisation have absolutely no idea what they are doing from one day to the next

And the Chargers are right behind them in that assessment. And the 49ers next.

Sorry, but people talk about the Browns not being very astute, these west coast teams Owners etc. must have stayed out in the sun too long.

Lane Kiffin was the previous youngest coach. That worked out well, didn't it.

Two coaching vacancies left.

These teams are really not patient, are they. The Kyle Shanahans and the Josh McDaniels, leading candidates could get shut out if the Chargers and 49ers are also this impatient.

It's the new SOP in the coach hunt sweepstakes- the early bird gets the coach, and the HC gets a head start on hiring assistants. We waited to hire Pettine, scraping the bottom of the barrel, and he in turn got garbage assistants.

Agreed, looks like Shanahan, McDaniels, and Patrica won't be going anywhere this year- well maybe one of them.

This /\ is why we need to finagle the Rams 2018 1st rd pick off of them...Next yrs draft will be QB strong and we need to have hand!!!

What so called great QBs are coming out next year? Lamar Jackson? Great college QB. Running back in the pros. Who else? Not JT Barrett.

The Penn St. QB may be somewhat of a prospect.

It's the new SOP in the coach hunt sweepstakes- the early bird gets the coach, and the HC gets a head start on hiring assistants. We waited to hire Pettine, scraping the bottom of the barrel, and he in turn got garbage assistants.

Agreed, looks like Shanahan, McDaniels, and Patrica won't be going anywhere this year- well maybe one of them.

ONLY slot left now is 49ers. I hear they may be waiting on McDaniels.

Just saw where Wade Phillips jolted Denver by jumping to the Rams as their new DC.

Do any of these not getting a HC gig really surprise you? They all seem flawed to me... even if in Patricia's case it's only by default.

Just saw where Wade Phillips jolted Denver by jumping to the Rams as their new DC.

Do any of these not getting a HC gig really surprise you? They all seem flawed to me... even if in Patricia's case it's only by default.

Is it considered a jolt?

Broncos hired Van Joseph a defensive guy, no?

I believe Wade was free as a bird.

That 30 year old coffee fetcher overseeing Mr. Phillips will be interesting.

Zombo

Is it considered a jolt? Broncos hired Van Joseph a defensive guy, no?

I believe Wade was free as a bird. That 30 year old coffee fetcher overseeing Mr. Phillips will be interesting.

Characterization was based on fan reaction in the article I read...

Broncos in transition with Wade and Gary leaving. Don't blame either at this point. But Joseph has a lot of D experience and hired these two to help out the O.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-new-coach-vance-joseph-hires-mike-mccoy-chargers-bill-musgrave-raiders-011317

Broncos in transition with Wade and Gary leaving. Don't blame either at this point. But Joseph has a lot of D experience and hired these two to help out the O.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-new-coach-vance-joseph-hires-mike-mccoy-chargers-bill-musgrave-raiders-011317

Thank you, but now go back to being a Browns fan.

Zombo

Archived