THE BROWNS BOARD

squealers cheapshot qb, moore, of Miami helmet to facemask

calfoxwc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and of course, doesn't get ejected. could have killed the player. as violent as you can get.

then another piece of garbage' squealer in the secondary was taunting... no flag.

playoff game, the cheapshots come out most every time.

asswholes from pukesburg. no wonder so many teams and fans

despise how the play. they suck.

That player was Bud Dupree. A name you will hear a lot. A freakishly strong and quick first rounder who was injured his first year.

no exuse. apparently the stinking roonies pay all fines, and the coaches happily put up

with the violent dirty play.

and ejection most certainly is in the rules, as Tour mentioned.

Moore could have been paralyzed. Ejections need to start happening over this garbage,

the worthless asswhole commish knows his little fines are hopeless in stopping it.

as long as it benefits the squealers and patriots...he's fine with that, apparently.

I've been watching this illegal cheapshot play for years - it never stops, like when

they took out Carson Palmer's knee.

they just keep drafting violent illegal cheapshot hitmen like troy pollyneedstotakapupu.

I love the Steelers.

As I told you all yesterday, Miami had no chance of winning, and for those of you who think the Browns are almost in the category of the Steelers, you will watch the game and see how shit piled the Browns are from Hue to the top of the turd pile.

Did you see how Gentlemanly Harrison grabbed the QB and didn't hit him dirty? I bet you assholes aren't going to comment on that.

The Steelers are the team to hate 2 times a year, but they are great to watch come crunch time. Bad motherfuckers. They hit, they go after the QB, they have one of the greatest QBs of the day, and come playoff time, they are the new monsters of the midway.

What I find to be enjoyable is to listen to all you dumb fuck "we are building for the future" assholes talk shit all week long about how the Steelers are not that good, and how we are FINALLY going to see them exposed, only to watch Ghoolie's analysis come 100 Correctamundo.

I can visualize you Hue lovers today. Sitting in front of the TV hoping for the joy of seeing a Steeler loss, only to shit your fucking pants and have Antonio Brown stir your Bloody Mary with his cock.

You watch the Steelers and you realize that the Browns are NOT building for the future, have NOT gained any distance on the good teams, and are NOT going to be any better in the coming years. Shit coach = Shit teams.

Now, the Steelers?

PHYSICAL - PHYSICAL - PHYSICAL

It's refreshing to listen to a browns fan that can put hatred aside and talk pure football. Amazing how you so accurately predicted a Steeler punking of these guys.

Yeah the Steelers are badass. Its in the culture. Its woven in the fabric of that black and gold uniform...the players feel it when they put it on.

Notice how the Steeler D played in garbage time today, garbage time which began from the beginning of the 4th quarter....allowing Miami to rack up yards and score a TD.

This is exactly how the Steeler D played during the ENTIRE Browns game...that entire game was garbage time to them.

How smart football folks like Gipper could make an intelligent state of the browns assessment from that game is beyond me.

I respectfully don't agree with you completely about Hue. He will turn this franchise around to an extent. The Browns will win games.

He will win enough games to make Browns fans start barking again and put asses in the seats. That said, Hue is cut from the mold of Marvin Lewis, and like Marvin he will never win anything.

That's the gut feeling I have about this guy.

I hate the stoolers more then any team in sports. Well maybe those fools up north are close.

But I wish the Browns had players that played like the stoolers play. We have a bunch of scared little girls playing compared to them.

We promote nice guys getting paid, they promote beat your ass and win games

Their culture is win and stay true to what you are. Our culture is instability and losing

Im holding out that suh takes a cheap one on roethlisburger

I was hoping when he got that sack, Suh would punch Rothlisberger in the gut for good measure. Dupre should have been ejected, not for the hit but for the extra curricular shit after the play was over.

Dolphins lost because of all those turnovers. Even without them, Steelers win anyway. Shut down the running game, and force Moore to beat you.

I hate the stoolers more then any team in sports. Well maybe those fools up north are close.

But I wish the Browns had players that played like the stoolers play. We have a bunch of scared little girls playing compared to them.

We promote nice guys getting paid, they promote beat your ass and win games

Their culture is win and stay true to what you are. Our culture is instability and losing

^^^THIS.

Can't go along with the "it'd be great if we do it" crowd.

Any intent to injure has no place in the game. You play it hard... you play it to win... if in that play an injury occurs so be it, but it has to be a by-product not a goal.

On Harrison... had to chuckle when the Nance and Simms commented on him "getting soft in his old age". Not the case at all it was just a smart play on his part to release rather then pull on the wrap he had on Moore which likely brings a flag.

I hated his crown of the helmet shots on Cribbs and MoMass, and his annihilation of Colt. Clearly his intent in each instance was to injure, to knock them out and he succeeded before there even was such a thing as "Concussion Protocol". And I believe he shortened MoMass' career in the process.

That said even if excessive and fineable, the Cribbs and MoMass hits were legal at the time. McCoy's? No... But as far as I ever went was to wish injury upon him the next time he pulled his battering ram act. The wish is still in place, but seems he seems older and wiser now.

Dupree? Young and dumb and full of... If for no other reason than the letter from the league he'll get in a couple days, next time I suspect he go 6" lower with either his head up or leading with his shoulder. He'll end up making the same play with possibly more "damage" inflicted and no flag.

Moore could have been paralyzed. Ejections need to start happening over this garbage,the worthless asswhole commish knows his little fines are hopeless in stopping it.

In this instance since Moore never ducked his head, and the blow came from the side and not head on, the odds of paralysis were virtually nil, cal.

I don't see ejection as a reasonable reaction to this occurrence. I've seen launches into crown-of-the-helmet hits than should have brought ejection (one on Cam Newton), but did not.

I can see video review of targeting coming to the NFL with egregious hits resulting in ejection even if the hit went unflagged on the field. It's done wonders to make the college game safer.

I can also see a yellow card style "warning" for the type of flagged hit we saw today. Get a second and bye-bye... thanks for playing our game today... see you in the locker room... AKA a "red card". Both "cards" subject to video review of course. If they can in essence issue a yellow for "taunting" and other "unsportsman-like acts", then they sure as hell can for roughing.

Can't go along with the "it'd be great if we do it" crowd.

Tour, it's more about respect than anything.

You see it in baseball all the time, anytime a pitcher maliciously hits a batter, you can bet your ass when the other team takes the mound a fastball will have their name on it.

Anytime something dirty is dished out, I don't mind seeing some retribution.

What comes around goes around.

Tour, it's more about respect than anything.

You see it in baseball all the time, anytime a pitcher maliciously hits a batter, you can bet your ass when the other team takes the mound a fastball will have their name on it.

Anytime something dirty is dished out, I don't mind seeing some retribution.

What comes around goes around.

Oh don't get me wrong, CD... I've put a little extra into blocks to send a return message both at the HS and college level. The latter of which was in intramural flag-football where I frustrated a DE into a cheapie a few minutes into the 2nd half. The next play when three of us hit him with me first and last he got "the message".

But there wasn't a cheap shot in the four he took that play...

Now Intramural Basketball or a different Flag game... couple different retaliation stories there... also a couple ejections. But when punches were thrown at me or a teammate, or a teammate on a breakaway layup was pushed from behind into folded up bleachers... fewer options within the rules sprang to mind.

I agree with CD. You saw it in the bengals game last year. Shazier hit that receiver with the crown and thats when burfict went legend. Burfict sometimes takes uncalled for cheap shots, and that i have no interest in. But an enforcer that sees bs happen and dishes it back is what i want on tje browns. Burfict took out brown and roethlisberger in splendid fashion

In this instance since Moore never ducked his head, and the blow came from the side and not head on, the odds of paralysis were virtually nil, cal. Tour

I can be wrong there, but I figured that the head side to side has far less travel, and Moore's head twisted sideways...

thought it might be more likely a damaged vertebrae or disc. I was amazed he was okay.

I never played sports, wasn't allowed to, but to me, you have to differentiate between a violent illegal cheapshot,

and legit payback. The only time I played sports was intramural basketball. Just once, I wanted to play a sport.

And, it was unofficial, so I didn't get yelled at for signing up.

I was making plays, making shots, had a cheering section going, it was great. Then the other team decided to have

this taller, gangly nitwit start roughing me up to stop me. I kept making my foul shots, but I got elbowed in the eye, forearm

to the side of my head, knocked down, tripped... I was getting pretty po'd about it.

Then, we were passing the ball around, one guy went to shoot, it got blocked, a scramble led one of our guys to get

the ball to me, I went to shoot, and got football flattened by the nitwit.

So, I go up towards him, asking what the hell was wrong with him, and he's trying to egg me on to come in

and fight him.

1. I'm smarter than that.

2. I've had it.

3. Called timeout, told my teammates that this one time, could they help me out,

don't shoot, and get the ball to me, I had something to take care of.

4. So, they did, I had a clear 3 pointer, they are all under the basket, but I just starting going

towards the basket before shooting.

5. They yell at him to cover me, I'm his assignment.

6. He runs toward me full on, I fake pump twice and then go up to shoot.

7. He goes well up into the air as I'm going to shoot.

8. I actually don't shoot then, either.

9. He sails down into me as I go back up and stuff the basketball into his gut.

10. There was this hideous sound out of him, he lands on my shoulder, and I dip myshoulder

and he goes to the floor hard.

They had to help him off the floor, he didn't return. And, ...I made my foul shots. :)

One time I got my shot blocked by a big tall kid, right in the face....my bad, and he apologized, I just laughed it off and said

that was just my dumb move that made it happen. I didn't get elbowed, knocked down anymore.

Big difference between legit kickass self-defense, and taking an illegal hit on an innocent player, to try to

injure him.

stupidass troy pollydirtyplayermaulyou is the kind of asswipe I'm talking about, the kind of dirty violent player the squealers draft

anytime possible.

https://youtu.be/Ac-JYp25Bx0

https://youtu.be/Ac-JYp25Bx0

Now Intramural Basketball or a different Flag game... couple different retaliation stories there... also a couple ejections. But when punches were thrown at me or a teammate, or a teammate on a breakaway layup was pushed from behind into folded up bleachers... fewer options within the rules sprang to mind.

Sometime in the heat of a game or match it's easy to get pissed off. I still hold the the University of Dayton record for a tennis racquet toss. Over two courts and a 20' tree. Other sports? We were playing a pretty high level pickup basketball game against a couple of guys on West Virginia's varsity when my brother (one white guy who could jump- on the level of hit head head on rim) got elbowed in the head (intentionally) going up for a rebound, and knocked 6' out of bounds. Got your number guy. Waited a couple exchanges- and while I was backpedaling full speed, sort of stuck out my foot and tripped the guy- best ejection I ever had.

Best retaliation (try to visualize this) I ever saw involved a AHL hockey game (mentioned in another thread I used to be a goalie in a previous life) guy had a clear breakaway, and said goalie made a great glove save. The guy didn't like that, so he just kept right on skating, and directly knocked said goalie along with the net into the boards. Couple of end changes later, guy was going full speed around the net going for the puck- and the goalie just reached behind the net, caught him right in the face with his stick glove, and knocked him out cold. Fight? You bet- it's hockey. :)

Cheap shots get in the head of the other team. That helps you win. So to some degree, it's smart.

Not real big on trying to injure guys (unless it's retaliation, as has been noted), but hitting the QB a hair late, grabbing someone's thigh in a fumble pile, talking trash--I love it all.

The part that pisses me off is there's no payback.

If I were on the Fins coaching staff, I would tell the D that anyone that takes out the rapist would get a bonus, and their fine paid by me.

Ask Sean Payton how that went.

I agree with CD. You saw it in the bengals game last year. Shazier hit that receiver with the crown and thats when burfict went legend. Burfict sometimes takes uncalled for cheap shots, and that i have no interest in. But an enforcer that sees bs happen and dishes it back is what i want on tje browns. Burfict took out brown and roethlisberger in splendid fashion

Burfict is out of control. He costs his team games and big ones to boot. The so called enforcer mentality shouldnt cost you wins and ive read through the grapevine his own teammates dont appreciate his bs. Shame because hes an animal of a lb with the brain of a damn squirrel. He would be more controlled on a team with a head strong coach and better veteran leadership. As it stands he looks to pac man jones lol.

no exuse. apparently the stinking roonies pay all fines, and the coaches happily put up

with the violent dirty play.

and ejection most certainly is in the rules, as Tour mentioned.

Moore could have been paralyzed. Ejections need to start happening over this garbage,

the worthless asswhole commish knows his little fines are hopeless in stopping it.

as long as it benefits the squealers and patriots...he's fine with that, apparently.

I've been watching this illegal cheapshot play for years - it never stops, like when

they took out Carson Palmer's knee.

they just keep drafting violent illegal cheapshot hitmen like troy pollyneedstotakapupu.

Paralyzed? Paralyzed!!!! Dupree crushed him but hes not a dump truck. Talk abot fucking dramaticm

First, I think it's awesome that you have youtube footage of your B-ball debut... ;)

My story I teased is a lot shorter... Intramural game for my Dorm's B-team. Our pale-skinned, 6'1 "Center" clearly hacked the opponent's 6'5-ish Center's 10' jump shot in the lane... not a cheap shot, but no call by the student refs.

I ended up with the ball. We did not have the numbers to fast break so I held up. But as they set their D, a lane opened from the top left of the key to the right side of the basket so I drove in.

As I crossed the top of the key I clearly heard the opposing Center say, "I got hit, so I'm going to hit someone." As he reached across me with his right arm "for the ball", his right shoulder hit my jaw hard. I immediately came up swinging. He reacted and leaned back, so instead of fist to face I landed a hard right to his throat incapacitating him... sent him staggering backwards. I wasn't done and went after him, but my teammates grabbed me before I got to him.

Of course I was ejected; he was not (which pissed me off even more). But he did not play after that either.

Two lessons here:

• I learned I had a flash point I never knew I had.
  • What ends up being "a cheap shot", e.g. a "throat shot", does not always start that way.

I think #2 applies to Dupree in Sunday's game.

Last point... Paralysis induced by neck trauma is almost exclusively due to compression of the spine. It's the reason behind the whole "Heads Up" campaign. The NFL's most infamous case, Tatum hitting Daryl Stingley, is a textbook example. Stingley instinctively dropped his head "to protect himself (his face)" a split second before impact. Had he not done so then he might have lost teeth and/or had his jaw broken, but he likely walks today. Same story with Nick Buoniconti's son... dropped his head making a tackle for The Citadel.

Dropping the head in instinctual. It has to be trained out of players. And as with most training, the earlier it starts the more successful it will be. Thus "Heads Up's" emphasis at the youth football level.

Side impacts? Twisting from facemasks? Neck sprains are about the limit. The neck is far more capable of enduring bending and torque than it is compression or "stretching", as in from a noose. In part due to the design of the spine, but also due to the muscle mass that surrounds it.

Sometime in the heat of a game or match it's easy to get pissed off. I still hold the the University of Dayton record for a tennis racquet toss. Over two courts and a 20' tree.

Obviously we've mellowed as the years have accumulated... :)

Cheap shots get in the head of the other team. That helps you win. So to some degree, it's smart.

Not real big on trying to injure guys (unless it's retaliation, as has been noted), but hitting the QB a hair late, grabbing someone's thigh in a fumble pile, talking trash--I love it all.

Thigh grabbing? lol... Heard of biting in piles, but never "thigh grabbing".

I perfectly understand, agree with and accept the role of "chippie stuff" and its cumulative effects. It's part of the psychological war within the game. But there's a very bright line at "intent to injure" that in the name of "player safety" has encroached steadily into the game we love leading to the over-protection of QBs, RBs and WRs... even long snappers.

There was a play yesterday, I think in the NYG-GB game, where Aikman commented on a roughing penalty could have been called when IIRC a NYG DL's hand brushed across Rodgers' face mask of ... and it could have been. But it was a better no call. And nary a game goes by that we see an "inadvertent" face mask get penalized 15 yards.

A lot of teams look soft when they play the Steelers.

The Browns didn't last week. They dominated the Steelers physically.. Steelers missing only their "soft" offensive skill players (which, yes, makes all the difference)

Kansas City is one of the most physically dominating teams in the NFL....so lets see what happens.

First, I think it's awesome that you have youtube footage of your B-ball debut... ;)

My story I teased is a lot shorter... Intramural game for my Dorm's B-team. Our pale-skinned, 6'1 "Center" clearly hacked the opponent's 6'5-ish Center's 10' jump shot in the lane... not a cheap shot, but no call by the student refs.

I ended up with the ball. We did not have the numbers to fast break so I held up. But as they set their D, a lane opened from the top left of the key to the right side of the basket so I drove in.

As I crossed the top of the key I clearly heard the opposing Center say, "I got hit, so I'm going to hit someone." As he reached across me with his right arm "for the ball", his right shoulder hit my jaw hard. I immediately came up swinging. He reacted and leaned back, so instead of fist to face I landed a hard right to his throat incapacitating him... sent him staggering backwards. I wasn't done and went after him, but my teammates grabbed me before I got to him.

Of course I was ejected; he was not (which pissed me off even more). But he did not play after that either.

Two lessons here:

• I learned I had a flash point I never knew I had.
  • What ends up being "a cheap shot", e.g. a "throat shot", does not always start that way.
I think #2 applies to Dupree in Sunday's game.

Last point... Paralysis induced by neck trauma is almost exclusively due to compression of the spine. It's the reason behind the whole "Heads Up" campaign. The NFL's most infamous case, Tatum hitting Daryl Stingley, is a textbook example. Stingley instinctively dropped his head "to protect himself (his face)" a split second before impact. Had he not done so then he might have lost teeth and/or had his jaw broken, but he likely walks today. Same story with Nick Buoniconti's son... dropped his head making a tackle for The Citadel.

Dropping the head in instinctual. It has to be trained out of players. And as with most training, the earlier it starts the more successful it will be. Thus "Heads Up's" emphasis at the youth football level.

Side impacts? Twisting from facemasks? Neck sprains are about the limit. The neck is far more capable of enduring bending and torque than it is compression or "stretching", as in from a noose. In part due to the design of the spine, but also due to the muscle mass that surrounds it.

Obviously we've mellowed as the years have accumulated... :)

Thigh grabbing? lol... Heard of biting in piles, but never "thigh grabbing".

I perfectly understand, agree with and accept the role of "chippie stuff" and its cumulative effects. It's part of the psychological war within the game. But there's a very bright line at "intent to injure" that in the name of "player safety" has encroached steadily into the game we love leading to the over-protection of QBs, RBs and WRs... even long snappers.

There was a play yesterday, I think in the NYG-GB game, where Aikman commented on a roughing penalty could have been called when IIRC a NYG DL's hand brushed across Rodgers' face mask of ... and it could have been. But it was a better no call. And nary a game goes by that we see an "inadvertent" face mask get penalized 15 yards.

The Clemson guy last week was one example.

This was the first I saw of it (2010):

The Browns didn't last week. They dominated the Steelers physically.. Steelers missing only their "soft" offensive skill players (which, yes, makes all the difference)

Kansas City is one of the most physically dominating teams in the NFL....so lets see what happens.

Lol. Pouncey, tuitt, ben, brown, bell and ladarius green were all out. You lost to landry jones. The playoffs are a different animal but we already beat the shit out of the chiefs once this season.

Lol. Pouncey, tuitt, ben, brown, bell and ladarius green were all out. You lost to landry jones. The playoffs are a different animal but we already beat the shit out of the chiefs once this season.

Tuitt and Green don't matter. The others do. And, yes, the Browns did everything in their power to lose to your POS backup QB.

And the Dolphins beat the shit out of the Steelers once this season. So, clearly, obviously the same thing that happened in the regular season will happen in the post season. Right?

And...remember, the Chiefs played without a couple of their top defenders when they played you: Justin Houston I believe, and another guy.

And this game is to be played in KC. Advantage Chiefs.

But.....I will say this one thing: Drama Queen Ben R's "injury" is just a pile of poop. The biggest faker on the planet. So his "poor, poor pitiful me" act won't go over. He will be just fine. Unless, of course, the Chiefs defense really does get to him....and you have to rely on the aforesaid Landry Jones to win that game. Insert LOLs here.

The real test Vag, will be when the Squeelers get to Foxboro.

That's when Brady will beat the yinzers worse than Joey Porter beat the doorman at the club last night.

No, the Chiefs WILL be a real test for them.

I believe, right now that the Chiefs are generally about a 2.5 point favorite.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Archived